The 60th Anniversary of Disneyland: The Reality of it All

Emmanuel

That's my Question, Sure it's nice to thank DL's 60th for PTN but it's not done. It looked like DL's MSEP Final night! IDK if there any vids of MSEP's final ending at Small World but I can just imagine.....

As some mentioned in other threads discussing PTN, Disney pretty much messed up on the communications and instead of a separate post about Paint returning on the Parks Blog, they put the info of Paint returning within the MSEP Returning to Disneyland announcement on the bottom and I think a lot missed that particular part. Thats my guess. Another thought is that after Rocket Rods ended up not returning, some are skeptical of Disney when they "Promise" something is returning.

Figments Friend

A heads up for those interested in the Castle's current state and 60th merchandise.....

The Castle looks nice right now, as they have removed the 60th medallion, all fabric swag and banners, and the 'D' heraldry.

The 'D's have been replaced with gold satin/ blue fabric embroidered lion heraldry banners which I am personally delighted to see back.
These were in place before the 60th overlay.

The Castle still has it's 'diamond' spire toppers and twinkle encrusted roof, as well as the strange 'straps' laced around the upper areas.
It is in a interesting 'transitional' period, so I snapped some photos for interests sake.

Regarding 60th merchandise, there is still some of it present in the shops here currently.
I was a little surprised to see it as I was under the impression ALL 60th stuff was going to be removed and sent elsewhere.
Glad in a way to still see some items about.

There are bits and pieces around certain shops in Disneyland Park, with the 'hot spot' being Disney Clotheirs on Main Street.
They have the most items, including clothing, sweatshirts, pin lanyards, ear hats, headbands, phone cases, and a lot more.

One thing no one has is pins, so sorry pin collectors.
Lots of 60th pin lanyards, but no more 60th pins that I saw.

Thought I would mention it for those still looking for 60th stuff!

-

Figments Friend

I liked the look of a lot of the 60th merch, but that may well be because I like the combo of royal blue and silver.
The touch of sparkle given to a lot of it made it stand out, as well as some attractive logos and designs.
It reminded me a little bit of the spread done for 2007s 'Year Of A Million Dreams' which I also liked several items from.

The 'Diamond Anniversary' merch, for the most part, was classy looking.
Oh of course there were a few exceptions, but most of what I saw was quite nice looking.
I'd buy a few more items if they were at discount for sure.

-

SuddenStorm

Still wish that they had done a 60th poster size park map, like they used to. I have a 45 anniversary one and it'd be cool to keep collecting them. I also wish they had released DL Forever and PTN's soundtracks- Randy Thornton mentioned on another forum that he was trying to get it to happen but I guess those plans never came to fruition.

I was thoroughly impressed by Paint the Night, I avoided seeing it since I'm not often impressed by the parades (not a fan of Soundsational), but once I did I was hooked. The audio mixing, light effects, and choreography are all top notch and some of the best Disney has put out in years.

Disneyland Forever was a cool demonstration of technology, but I wish it was more than just playing clips from Disney animated films (I feel the same about WoC). This seems to be the trend in newer Disney shows, and I fear the days of Disney producing shows like Fantasmic, Believe There's Magic in the Stars, etc that use original renditions of classic Disney songs as will as its own theme are over. I also feel that some of the scenes were only there to "show off" the technology- the ring of fire and the Matterhorn, step in time and it's horizontal lines that fit well on Main Street projections, etc. In some ways, this really helped the show, but in other ways I feel it was detrimental to the quality.

Overall, I loved the 60th and enjoyed the plussing of the various attractions around the park. I'll miss the nights where I'd DL Forever, PTN, and Fantasmic- that was the perfect way to end a day in the park.

I think the 60th was a perfect "send off" to the current iteration of Disneyland, before the new Rivers and Star Wars Land are built. These are times of great change at the resort, and in 10 years it will almost be unrecognizable. I'm cautiously optimistic for the future and am excited to see how the current projects turn out.

VJ

I also wish they had released DL Forever and PTN's soundtracks- Randy Thornton mentioned on another forum that he was trying to get it to happen but I guess those plans never came to fruition.
Don't get me started on Disney and their reluctance to release anything but the same regurgitated, 15-year-old tracks over and over. It's depressing as a fan of parks music just how little gets released.

brb1006

Youtube has really compressed audio though, and any bootleg audio tracks that are on it (World of Color, PTN, DL Forever etc) aren't nearly as good of quality as a proper CD release from Disney would be. Youtube is good for getting by, but Disney really should release more audio than they do.
Speaking of audio at Disney parks, I really appreciate the site "DisneyChris" which contains archival audio from past Disney attractions including older Disneyland Parades. Fantasmic is the only show that I can think that has an official soundtrack.

SuddenStorm

Speaking of audio at Disney parks, I really appreciate the site "DisneyChris" which contains archival audio from past Disney attractions including older Disneyland Parades. Fantasmic is the only show that I can think that has an official soundtrack.

Light Magic got an official release in 97, if that counts- which only makes it worse we aren't getting new releases now :banghead:. Many of the Fireworks and parades have also gotten released. Disney Chris's site is great, but a lot of the stuff he has could be improved, as he's limited by what's available to the public and what he could record in the park. I like that he has a lot of the old narrations that used to be played around the ticket booths and stuff. Ideally, Disney would just remaster and sell every bit of park audio that has ever graced Disneyland, to please even the most die hard fans. This would never happen, but I can dream, right?

brb1006

Light Magic got an official release in 97, if that counts- which only makes it worse we aren't getting new releases now :banghead:. Many of the Fireworks and parades have also gotten released. Disney Chris's site is great, but a lot of the stuff he has could be improved, as he's limited by what's available to the public and what he could record in the park. I like that he has a lot of the old narrations that used to be played around the ticket booths and stuff. Ideally, Disney would just remaster and sell every bit of park audio that has ever graced Disneyland, to please even the most die hard fans. This would never happen, but I can dream, right?
That site was also the first time I heard the parade music for the "Pooh's For President" Parade from the mid 70's back when Sterling Holloway was still the voice of pooh.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom