The 60th Anniversary of Disneyland: The Reality of it All

TP2000

Full Q&A from last night

Fantastic video there @sponono88! Thanks for sharing it with us.

A few thoughts off the top of my head....

"When the (2015) holidays come around, it will still be the Diamond Celebration." - So that means the Christmas Fantasy Parade and Believe In Holiday Magic won't perform in November/December 2015. Something tells me we just saw the last season of both of those offerings and the Christmas season of 2016 will have a new Christmas parade and a new fireworks show.

They didn't get too many questions to the Paint The Night choreographer, which quite frankly is the entertainment thing I'm most interested in. Some of the questions from the audience about Paint The Night were kind of dumb, as if some of these reporters thought they were bringing the Electrical Parade back for a third freakin' time to Anaheim. :rolleyes:

The lady who is the producer of World of Color piqued my interest when she mentioned she had worked under the original creator of the MSEP back in the 1970's. I love that Disneyland has these creative and executive types who have been working there for decades and "grew up" under the old guard from the 1950's and 60's and 70's! Only in Anaheim!

And finally, and excuse my focus on the details here, but they had a nice contemporary set on the Mr. Lincoln stage for this executive presentation. But then they had cheap, crackling, plastic water bottles someone bought at the Chevron on Harbor Blvd. for them to slurp from! I understand it helps to have water handy while doing a presentation like this, but there should have been a glass of water in a sturdy yet stylish tumbler placed beside each chair. Then you wouldn't have the unfortunate visual of these four middle-aged people puckering up and slurping on a cheap plastic water bottle over and over throughout the presentation.

TIP FOR TDA MARKETING TEAM: Go down to Crate&Barrel, buy a set of sturdy yet stylish highball glasses, and then fill them with filtered water before the public presentation begins. This isn't rocket science people, and yet the magic is in the details. Don't make adults pucker and slurp on stage! Sheesh!

Other than the visual of Steve Davison and Crew slurping and sucking on crackly plastic bottles, the 60th Anniversary Diamond Celebration entertainment offerings sound like they'll be great!

disney4life2008

Must-have popcorn buckets for the 60th!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...sort-diamond-celebration-60-years-of-popcorn/

bpbdlr123456.jpg

Omg i want all 3 colors now! Another reason i love disneyland

cjk0318

Fantastic video there @sponono88! Thanks for sharing it with us.

A few thoughts off the top of my head....

"When the (2015) holidays come around, it will still be the Diamond Celebration." - So that means the Christmas Fantasy Parade and Believe In Holiday Magic won't perform in November/December 2015. Something tells me we just saw the last season of both of those offerings and the Christmas season of 2016 will have a new Christmas parade and a new fireworks show.

When the 2015 holiday's come around, holiday decor will come out: garland and tree on Main Street and other lands (if there is any). No new Christmas parade, no new Christmas firework show. By saying it will still be the Diamond Celebration, it means Christmas entertainment at both Disneyland and California Adventure will NOT be performed in any capacity. Christmas season will still be showing World of Color- Celebrate, Disneyland Forever, and Paint The Night every single night.

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
What is to keep them from removing Soundsational for the christmas parade? The christmas parade was shown during the 50th Anniversary.

I would also imagine that Disney will attach the White Christmas snowfall finale to Disneyland Forever like they did to Remember in 2005.

Last edited:

jrhwdw

What is to keep them from removing Soundsational for the christmas parade? The christmas parade was shown during the 50th Anniversary.
That's what I'm thinking. Granted the 60th will still be there, but I can't see DL totally skipping Christmas. DL would have a war on their hands if there was no tree and no Candlelight, no matter how awesome the 60th is.
Aren't the Halloween Parties already on the DL books for 2015? I wonder if Halloween Screams is safe? The Costume parade most likely is.

I'm still holding hope since I didn't hear the words ACF and Believe in that Q&A. The only thing I thought of last night was maybe Soundsational is getting a Christmas overlay?

No one asked about Soundsational at that Q&A, I would have just to make sure DL was going back to 2 different parades a day. Enough with DL just having one parade, in my mind.

Anyone know how much pyro the F! barges can hold? Pyro from ROA would be sweet for DL Forever!

Figments Friend

Some random thoughts....just floating around in my head -

Thinking more about the upcoming new pyro Show and the projection effects that are to be used on Main Street.
As promising and visually exciting as it sounds, there is a twinge of slight concern.
Kind of hoping they don't go overboard with the effects here or the presentation might cross the line a little into the 'excessive' department.
While i am sure it will be done tastefully, the concern did strike me while looking over that concept art ( no doubt showing the 'climax' of that particular segment of the Show ).

Seeing crazy projections of multi-colored images flashed around on Main Street's turn-of-the-century buildings could be a little jarring visually if overdone.
A part of me has to trust that it will be handled well and enhance the Show in a good way, and not come off looking like a light show at a psychedelic Filmore concert.
Main Street seems too 'classy' a setting for something too overly extreme.
It seems the place to go crazy with the projections would be the Small World facade ( plenty of flat space and shapes to play with ), but i can understand the desire to add something like this to the main viewing area.

The new fireworks presentation will be awesome however. No knocking that.
Positive it will be great and have some added surprises the general public is not even aware of yet.

jrhwdw

That's what I'm thinking. Granted the 60th will still be there, but I can't see DL totally skipping Christmas. DL would have a war on their hands if there was no tree and no Candlelight, no matter how awesome the 60th is.
Aren't the Halloween Parties already on the DL books for 2015? I wonder if Halloween Screams is safe? The Costume parade most likely is.

I'm still holding hope since I didn't hear the words ACF and Believe in that Q&A. The only thing I thought of last night was maybe Soundsational is getting a Christmas overlay?

No one asked about Soundsational at that Q&A, I would have just to make sure DL was going back to 2 different parades a day. Enough with DL just having one parade, in my mind.

Anyone know how much pyro the F! barges can hold? Pyro from ROA would be sweet for DL Forever!
I should have wrote that differently, I wrote that 5 min after I got up this morning . I meant to say that I'm holding hope for ACF. I know Believe is gone for now because of DL Forever which is not surprising since RDCT did that in 2005, but still had the White Christmas Snowfall.

Sage of Time

Seeing crazy projections of multi-colored images flashed around on Main Street's turn-of-the-century buildings could be a little jarring visually if overdone.
A part of me has to trust that it will be handled well and enhance the Show in a good way, and not come off looking like a light show at a psychedelic Filmore concert.
Main Street seems too 'classy' a setting for something too overly extreme.
It seems the place to go crazy with the projections would be the Small World facade ( plenty of flat space and shapes to play with ), but i can understand the desire to add something like this to the main viewing area.
To be totally honest.... the projections never really overpower the castle in any of the other shows in which both projection and pyro is used. The pyro always takes over and is the real star. The projections on MSUSA and anywhere else, for that matter, really, are just extras.

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
Due to a scheduling conflict we moved our trip from late May to mid July. Regardless, I am super excited about my DLR trip. Kids haven't been there, they are WDW veterans but I think Walt's park and the anniversary are going to blow their minds. I still enjoy our WDW trips, butI have a level of anticipation and excitement for this trip like I haven't had for a Disney trip in years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom