The 24Hr Countdown 2 Your Trip...

MaXXimus

Original Poster
So whats everyone doing and how is everyone feeling... and what about when it comes time for you to try and go to sleep?

Me, Im going nuts double, triple and quadruple checking to make sure everything is packed.

As for sleeping I spend most of the night tossing and turning with thoughts of MK

doop

We drive down, so I have an entire 18 hours to just kinda chill out knowing that I'll get there, but the month before a trip is really awful, the waiting KILLS me. The only way I keep my sanity during the waiting period is Disney related websites such as this, and park audio/video. Have a great trip btw!

WDW-LUVR

The wait for my family is OMG. I do a huge 30 day countdown calendar/collage for my son. And then every weekend untill we leave we have a Disney only Night Movies, games, everything and anything Disney. My packing in done about a month in advance except for those you just cant, and I do those the day before we leave. Then the eveing prior is always Disney seen it or Disney Triva and sleeping, well we do that on the plane, Everyone is to excited to sleep.

aladdinjrstar

Account Suspended
My family doesnt get as excited as me. I stay up till 3:00 AM WATCHING DISNEY MOVIES! Then we wake up at 6:00 am and we head out to the airport and i just shake! Chills travel down my back and I get gossebumps!

disneytopdog

the last 24 is so hectic...Get the dogs to the kennel(thats the tuff part). Make sure everything is packed. Sleep???? Forget about that. There will be time for sleeping when I get home in a week. I might catch a cat nap on the plane on the way to MCO

Nansafan

I prefer leaving for WDW working the day before. Having a day home before leaving just makes me crazy. Ultimately I miss something. If I'm at work the day before travel, I can concentrate on something other than vacation for a few minutes at a time. I am a list person so my lists keep me sane when it comes to the packing. Since I am usually traveling with my brother, we spend the night at his house so to have only 1 stop for the limo to the airport. While at my brother's we like to watch The Goofy Movie where we get into the "on the open road" song. Don't sleep much that night. My bro and I get up at between 4:00 AM and 5:00 AM and start talking about vacation, we shower and then about an hour before the ride is due, we wake up my son for him to shower then we pace until the car arrives.

Craig & Lisa

We do the list thing, and the countdown, some small packing, however because we are driving things will change somewhat. We are renting a roofbag so we will have room for the travel fridge that plugs into the cig lighter. This so we don't have to stop for food as much, snacks, drinks. Like the open road song will be burning it to CD with alot of others to keep sane, hard to find radio that we have up here going thru the states. Charge the batteries for alot of pictures and video to be taken on the way down. DVD player, DVD's, MP3 players, songs for them too. And I being the main driver, ( my wife's driving makes me nervous ) will be working the day we leave, June 29th. My wife wants to stop along the way for rest, but I think I can make it, just pop some B-complex and I'll be fine. Hope she falls asleepthen I can see how far I can go before she stops me. :D

MaXXimus

Original Poster
Im already going stir crazy... was up at 6AM today because I have some last minute things to do. Also since we have to be at the airport by 5AM I figured we need to be up by 3:00 - 3:30AM and to my buddies house in PA for him to drive us to the airport, so getting up early Im hoping I will be exhausted by around 8PM and attempt to get some sleep.

My thought is this, why stay up until my normal time (around 12AM) and only get 3 hours of sleep? Im figuring that from wake up time till we arrive at WL could be in the area of 7 1/2 hours and if our room isnt ready (crossing fingers it will be, but not expecting it) heading to MK and wait for WL to call us. After all is said and done we could be up at that point for possibly 12 hrs already, then factor in the hot humid conditions could make for one heck of an exhausting first day especially since MK has evening EMH (till 2AM), so I want to be as full of energy as humanly possible to tackle this marathon day :sohappy:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
We have a ritual, we travel down to London the day before, eat at the Hard Rock cafe before heading out to the airport for a twilight check in. Once we have parted with our luggage we head to a hotel for the evening and have a few helloooo cheekies.

Next morning we know its no major trauma getting to the airport and can take our car to long term parking before heading to the terminal for a proper breakfast.
This year we are flying Sat am so cant do the Hard Rock :eek: as Im working on the Friday.

cmatt

We have a ritual, we travel down to London the day before, eat at the Hard Rock cafe before heading out to the airport for a twilight check in. Once we have parted with our luggage we head to a hotel for the evening and have a few helloooo cheekies.

Next morning we know its no major trauma getting to the airport and can take our car to long term parking before heading to the terminal for a proper breakfast.
This year we are flying Sat am so cant do the Hard Rock :eek: as Im working on the Friday.

that practically mirrors my travels - except i stay at gatwick and just nip in to their frankie and benny's in south terminal.

that said - a day trip to london would be stunning - especially as it is only 40mins on the train :)

Twilight check in is a god send...

count down for me - well im not going for a while, probably once universal has completed harry potter...

a2grafix

Well, this will be my first time going to WDW in 14 years.

Yes, last time I was down at Disneyworld was in August 1993, and a lot of things are not around anymore and some things opened a year after I visited, so, this time it will be a whole new experience.

For me, I'm taking my trip in October, a few weeks before Halloween. I'm going by myself and so far I have half my trip paid for. I would figure that in the weeks and months ahead (I have 4 months before my long-awaited trip) I can get around to paying for pretty much everything in advance (except for the military-discount park hopper passes, the three remaining nights at the Shades of Green, and setting aside money for incidentials and FOOD and whatnot).

I would suspect that 24 hours before my trip, I will still be at work. I work at a TV station, but I know my mind will likely be elsewhere. The news day goes fast and I will be fine. I will be leaving the station at around midnight, give or take.

When I get home I will play one or two more rounds of VMK and start to pack. My flight doesn't leave until Saturday evening, so I will have enough time to make sure all my stuff is packed, my shows are set to record while I am away, make sure my neighbor takes care of my mail while I am away, and I will make my drive to my friend's house near the airport.

The actual trip probably won't hit me, that I am actually leaving for a one-week trip to Lake Buena Vista, probably in the hours before I leave for my friend's house and the airport.

In the interim I know my trip is advancing and I will prepare in my own special way as the days and months slip past.

Oh, btw, I am going solo on the trip. My friend can't find the time to take a vacation with me. And the last time I flew on an aircraft was late July 2001, so it's been a while.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom