The 10/27/2009 Diningpocalypse

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I was just able to pull up all my confirmations online and according to the Disney site, every single one of my ADR's require "2 table service credits." Surely, that is a mistake, as all of the places I reserved, with the exception of Jiko, have required one table service credit in the past. Is that just an issue with their system?

DisneyJoe

I was just able to pull up all my confirmations online and according to the Disney site, every single one of my ADR's require "2 table service credits." Surely, that is a mistake, as all of the places I reserved, with the exception of Jiko, have required one table service credit in the past. Is that just an issue with their system?

Yes, one of my friends had this happen the other day. Just another issue.

lebeau

The website was down when I tried this morning. But I had no problem on the phones. (Even got Cindy's table for breakfast!) Later on, I went online and booked the rest of my ressies with no problem.

goofykt

I'll be online in the morning -but if I can't get anywhere at 6am, I have to rely on DH to call at 7am :eek:. I have a seminar I have to go to and I need to leave the house around 7am and I don't get very good cell phone reception in my area - so I can't do it on a cell phone. I emailed instructions and a spreadsheet to DH (very detailed - what time to start calling, phone number, ressie number, what to say through the prompts so he doesn't have to wait for the question, and the order of ADRs to make, etc.). His response to me was "What?". Lord help me!!! :hammer: At least now he'll be able to appreciate what I go through to plan our trips...:rolleyes:

Good luck to everyone tomorrow that needs to call! :wave:

I laughed out loud when I read this - only because I would do the exact same thing and get the exact same reaction from my husband. I say: Go ahead and think I'm crazy DH...but months from now when you have that delicious mushroom filet in your mouth at Le Cellier, you'll think I'm a lot less crazy and a lot more awesome.

sbkline

I laughed out loud when I read this - only because I would do the exact same thing and get the exact same reaction from my husband. I say: Go ahead and think I'm crazy DH...but months from now when you have that delicious mushroom filet in your mouth at Le Cellier, you'll think I'm a lot less crazy and a lot more awesome.

You actually address your husband as "DH"? :hammer:

eddiemcgarrigle

Nice to see it's up and running successfully before I attempt to make my ADR's on November 9th.

Can someone please remind me what time is best if attempting to use the system in the UK?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
Now that the dust has had a chance to settle what do you guys think about the 180 day switch over? Was the "rip the band aid off quick" approach the right choice or should Disney have gone with a staggered transition?

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Now that the dust has had a chance to settle what do you guys think about the 180 day switch over? Was the "rip the band aid off quick" approach the right choice or should Disney have gone with a staggered transition?

Even if they went with a staggered approach, my hunch is that the servers still would have crashed. They don't seem to have any concept of how much traffic their website gets a day.

The real root of this problem is their server and its inability to handle large amounts of people. That's what really needs to be addressed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom