Test Track Poll - Which version do you prefer?

Which Test Track version do you prefer?

• I prefer Test Track 1.0 after having experienced both

Votes: 51 13.6%
  • I prefer Test Track 1.0 after experiencing 1.0 and seeing 2.0 on video

Votes: 49 13.1%
  • I prefer Test Track 2.0 after experiencing both

Votes: 125 33.3%
  • I prefer Test Track 2.0 after experiencing 1.0 and seeing 2.0 on video

Votes: 150 40.0%

• Total voters

LenYJr

Having ridden both versions I also prefer 2.0 and agree that it is a much better fit for Future World. Overhearing some other guest conversations about it, it almost seems that the opinions of those who have ridden are generational. Older guests seem to prefer 1.0 as the liked the factory, assembly aspect while younger guests really enjoy the design and participatory aspect of 2.0

Enchantâmes

I'm going to reserve judgement until I've ridden 2.0, hopefully sometime next year. Being a car nut and after seeing the really cool side-by-side video, I will say that I'm going to miss the detail-rich sets of the original version. Hoepfully the pre and post shows make up for all the blackness of the new version. Time will tell.
Once again... what rich detailed sets? There were none. o_O

And do not say the hot and cold rooms because those do not count.

amejr999

I just rode TT2,and I voted that I preferred it. But that's mostly because TT1 was pretty terrible. The first minute or so of TT2 was decent in terms of "oh, that's a cool effect" , but after that i just got confused. The story doesn't make much sense.

Also, this attraction is nowhere near being show-ready. There were tons of broken and/or nonfunctional screens, including about half the screens where you touch your card before boarding the car. The design system was slow and a few of those (in the singles line) weren't working either. And of the two driving games in the post show, the first never seemed to end, and the second was displaying Windows error messages. This should still be in soft openings.

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
I agree with amejr999 that TT2 should still be in soft opening. I rode it today and many things didn't work. Our design terminal froze, then on another the countdown clock wasn't right, and in the attraction our designed car didn't show on the screen. In the after show you can take pics of yourself against a screen (neat concept), but it was taking only black photos.

I had the feeling that they simply opened on 6 dec for the big press event, but they really weren't ready with TT2 and should have tested a few more weeks.

Enchantâmes

What do you mean the hot and cold rooms don't count? Of course they do; in the new ride they've been completely stripped of detail. But, fine, Ieaving aside the hot and cold rooms....there's also the corrosion chamber (with the robots that our test crew forgot to turn off), the barrier test, and the queue. The screens and Tron lights added to where the ABS tests are purely ornamental; they don't complement the motion of the vehicle. It's way too dark in there now, too, so it feels like you're just getting randomly whipped around in the dark with no overt or implicit reason for doing so. The old scene in this area was more sparsely decorated, but it was believable, authentic-feeling, and made sense for the tests that occurred in those areas. The only section that's comparable to the original ride in terms of layered sets is the responsiveness test (the hairpin turns after the environmental chamber for anyone unfamiliar with the new ride), and that's only because the flats from the original ride are still there, just painted over.
There was just clutter everywhere in those scenes, there was no real detail to it.

mergatroid

I haven't riden 2.0 but have watched the video and think it looks great. I actully have always loved 1.0 and could never understand the hate shown towards it on here by many. Even though as I say I haven't ridden 2.0, the video seems to portray the 'feel' to it and I'm very impressed by how it appears to have changed. The only thing that looks a little strange is going from a dark environment into the daylight when you go outside although on the whole it does look very impressive.

Plutos Pal

I watched the video for 2.0 and it definitely looks like a good ride. I'll vote on friday(12/14) when I get back from the world. I have always been a fan of 1.0 so I hope it doesn't disappointe.

Oddysey

I rode twice last night. I have to say it is a huge improvement over TT 1.0, and embodies the original spirit of Epcot. The scale of the update is not done justice by veiwing the videos. The things done with projection throughout the attraction are quite impressive. It is really like visiting a new world that is highly immersive and aesthetically different than anything that I have ever experienced or could experience anywhere else. Again I restate that the videos do not measure up to the actual experience.

It makes TT1.0 seem incredibly tame almost to the point that the only thing I miss about the original is that it had sort of a relaxed vibe about it while in the warehouse area. My only complaints are that the attraction was too loud, and not everything was working. However, being too loud is a highly subjective thing. I can best compare it to Dinosaur. When I was very young I really enjoyed how loud an in your face Dinosaur was. Now that I am approaching 30 in about 15 days (young still I know), I often complain about it being to noisy, and often skip the attraction. TT 2.0 is equally as noisy as dinosaur, but I wont be skipping the attraction because the benefit of the experience TT 2.0 outweighs the negative it being too noisy.

As far as broken effects goes, the first time experienced the attraction my in car screen was broken (not that I would have time to view it anyway). That reminded me of TT 1.0 because the screen was usually broken in the later years about 50% of the time. Also my sim car ranking did not appear at the end of any of the test, and the sim car rankings is a very important part of the experience. Although I do have to say it was cool to see how my car ranked overall in the post show. Especially seeing how it compared to the best rated sim car made that day. Equally cool was that my sim car followed me though the enitre post show. I got to make a commercial for it, and I got to race it against 8 other cars.

In conclusion, I do think the ride will be most popular with the younger crowd. As we were exiting the building and starting the high speed loops the three teenage girls behind us were screaming that was SO COOL! This was before the highlight of TT 1.0 even occured (high speed curve). Admittedly though one of the girls was very confused as to why we were outside. She repeated twice "why are we outside" of course this was before the exillaration of reaching 65 mph.

Overall the experience is vastly superior to TT 1.0 (IMO).

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Original Poster
What do you mean the hot and cold rooms don't count? Of course they do; in the new ride they've been completely stripped of detail. But, fine, Ieaving aside the hot and cold rooms....there's also the corrosion chamber (with the robots that our test crew forgot to turn off), the barrier test, and the queue. The screens and Tron lights added to where the ABS tests are purely ornamental; they don't complement the motion of the vehicle. It's way too dark in there now, too, so it feels like you're just getting randomly whipped around in the dark with no overt or implicit reason for doing so. The old scene in this area was more sparsely decorated, but it was believable, authentic-feeling, and made sense for the tests that occurred in those areas. The only section that's comparable to the original ride in terms of layered sets is the responsiveness test (the hairpin turns after the environmental chamber for anyone unfamiliar with the new ride), and that's only because the flats from the original ride are still there, just painted over.

Believeable and authentic feeling of what? Cheapness? Sorry, I don't buy it.

WDW1974

Nothing should be broken on a new attraction. Period. Just a very basic rule of getting things done right to start.

But Disney rushed this thing for its media event and there was (and is) work still left (something about triangles) and one wonders if the work will ever get done because now the media has gone home (or the stragglers will after a few more days on Mickey) and most of them were likely drunk when they rode anyway!

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I don't understand... Why... People like the new version?? Maybe its definately just a big taste difference. But I definately preffered the older version better than this new one. All it is is a bunch of light affects hiding half of the old scenes.. The queue line and interactive exhibits i'm all for. Just not the ride. The older version was much more entertaining for me, going through the different scenes and bumpy roads and I thought it was more intense as well.

I'm disappointed, but I guess it's okay considering it's doing farely well for everyone else. So I'll still give Disney/GM some props for actually updating something at EPCOT. But for now.. Let's focus on things that actually NEEDED an upgrade. (cough cough imagination, maelstrom, SSE ending, EO, Energy, Wonders.. ect.)

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Believeable and authentic feeling of what? Cheapness? Sorry, I don't buy it.

...I'm pretty sure the sets.. or as ya'll say "clutter".. was less cheap than blue lights surrounded by complete darkness.

Both have their ups and downs and people have their opinions. I personally don't think you can compare the two now that I think about it.. They're almost not identical whatsoever to me. They were both made for a different time.. As well as WoM

scoobygirl39541

Having just ride 2.0 today, this post speaks my opinion. There's no story with this one at all. I don't understand what mindset I should be in during the ride o_O Is it still a test concept? Or is it an out of control car? Or is it simply just a game and we're competing against each other? Doesn't feel as complete as 1.0, just a lot of "o0o0o shiny".

RSoxNo1

You need to ride something to truly judge it. I think the poll should be restricted to those who have actually ridden and not watched some blogger's video.
I was surprised that the options existed for people that haven't ridden it. While I voted and didn't ride, the only opinions on here that really count are those that have ridden it.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Original Poster
I was surprised that the options existed for people that haven't ridden it. While I voted and didn't ride, the only opinions on here that really count are those that have ridden it.

Here is the problem....as we all know, people are going to form their opinion based on anything.

So I figured, since the ride is JUST NOW officially open and everyone's forming their own opinion even if they haven't personally experienced it, rightly or wrongly, might as well give them a poll option for that. Everyone else can make a judgement call on if it means anything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom