Test Track Overrated

westie

Test track I enjoy. The que area keeps you occupied and the kids don't have to be to big to go on it. Although its true, dad drives better/ worse than that.

BUT Body Wars? What a stinkeroo. Other than Bear in the Blue House, Body Wars is exceptionally painful for an adult. I declare war on BW!

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
I thought it sounded very dull before riding it. My son dragged me on and I enjoyed it. Because of the openess of the cars, it feels very fast and exciting. I think most of us would have guessed that most rollercoasters go faster than cars if we didn't know better.

jonmar

Original Poster
Rides

Interesting thoughts. Just to clarify, in case everyone thought, I actually do like the living seas a lot, I just think it needs a little rehab. As for JIYI, the new one is better than the one they just built, but I still liked the old one. WOM was great and Horizons was my favorite attraction. TT is overrated, they should have made it better and I know they could have. As for Mission Space coming soon, that could be really good. All I know is that you are supposed to become weightless like you are in space. I am looking foward to it.

ok, here's what i think...DUM DUM DUUUM! :hammer:

TT is an ok ride, but there is nothing
"special"about it.....u just go really-fast, then u top a few times....woo-eeee:snore:

Buit ridwes like H, and the original JII, and WoM had great themeing, detils, and a "real-"story"":p Not just speed:hurl: yuk, boring, and like someone said earlier....GO ON TEH HIGHway...and in a converable, the EXACT SAME-THING :king:

Well,
That's what i think..bye :wave:

disneyfan123

The most over-rated ride in Disneyworld

When I went to Disneyworld in 2000, Test Track was extremely busy... Fastpasses all handed out by 11am!!!!! I did not know alot about the ride but assumed that it was very fast due to its high level of queues.

On a recent trip in July the queues for Test Track were low so we went on it. I found it to be educational however, as others have mentioned I can drive that fast on the motorway (highway?!).

I wish the World of Motion and Horizons were still around!!!!

I hope everyone is well
Luv df123
:p :p :p

conntom

Jonmar is right TT is overrated and what do you learn from it.
On the other hand Horizons it shows kids how things may be
in the future it was a way of learning what do you learn from
TT how a car can stop. TT is in the wrong Place it shuold not be
in EPCOT.?

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I guess the world must be full of people without the wisdom of many of the posters on these here pages. And these fools go out and have the audacity to use all the fast passes for this overrated ride.
Lets rip it down and build a mobile themed meet n greet and concession stand. Trhis could educate people that lifes a rip off nad cdespite the best laid plans of visionarys its the bean counters that pull the strings.

If I want to balloon across the Atlantic I know where to come for the fuel.

GaryT977

On the third day of my last visit to Disney World, I made a stop at Epcot just to ride TT because I had never ridden it before and the lines were always so long. I got there as Epcot opened and went on it first thing.

What a let-down! I've take off-ramps at 65mph and that was only slighty more thrilling.:mad:

I hope Mission: Space lives up to the hype better than TT did.

jonmar

Original Poster
I guess so

To Happy Snapper, I really dont know what the heck you just said but I think you were against the TT. Anyway, its true, not worth the fast pass, I would rather ride single rider anyway.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Re: I guess so

Originally posted by jonmar
To Happy Snapper, I really dont know what the heck you just said but I think you were against the TT. Anyway, its true, not worth the fast pass, I would rather ride single rider anyway.

No i quite like test track and as I live next to where Jaguar test cars I have an interest, I was venting off at the lack of original thought, the best follow the party line and some of these "traditionalist views that all change is bad, and how every one is a Disney anorac. I dont care how many teeth are on a gear sprocket on the winch of the Test Track, Does it raise a smile? Yes quit complaining then, No, well I guess your at that age where its cool to put everything down.

bearboysnc

True, theres not that many banked turns on the highway, and the "crash test" scene is neat, but the ride really isn't much of a thrill.

uh... the crash test scene has been cut, the scene where you see a test car ram into a wall, then the car your in begins the same test?

That scene was cut because someone thought it was "too graphic" now you just turn and head outside through open doors.

Thats like slowing the descent of ToT because it's too startling. why bother?

kaos

Single Riders Beware...

I used to work for GM. The ONLY reason I went on Test Track was because I did not have to wait. Back-door entrances are great!!!

My last trip, I went because, well, I went to WDW alone and went in the single riders line... twice.

That's the only way to do it.

Is it overrated?? Yes. Doesit belong in Epcot? Absolutely. However, I think that it is getting dubed as overrated only becasue us here on the forum are die-hard Disney people, and the fact that we had to wait 2 years longer than we thought and there was nothing to do on that side of the park for the longest timehas already left a bad taste in our mouths.

And--
I rather like the GM vehicles at the exit, I just wish that they had my car there. Oh well. GM paid a lot of money to sponsor the pavilion, in any form. Let them show off their products!

kaos

Originally posted by bearboysnc

uh... the crash test scene has been cut, the scene where you see a test car ram into a wall, then the car your in begins the same test?

That scene was cut because someone thought it was "too graphic" now you just turn and head outside through open doors.

Thats like slowing the descent of ToT because it's too startling. why bother?

It was cut because of maintenance issues. It still operates at peak times. When I was there in July, it was operating.

mickeyfanatics

Test Track is interesting and the speed test is fun (although I average 15-20 mph faster on the way over ther), but it is over rated for 2 reasons.

1. I wish they would stop destroying rides to make new ones. They could have build TT behind WOM and still had it circle around the building. Kind of like a motion of the past and the present.

2. It is not worth a wait more than 15 minutes. FP always sells out too early.

Another problem stems from the fact that the majority of today's visitors are too entertainment driven, do not value education or quality, do not feel they should have to work hard (they want it all on a silver platter), and do not like Disney's Edutainment. They prefer thrills and spills. This is why the attractions of the past are making way for those thrills today.

tweetypez1

Test Track is ok, but WAY overrated. Always thought so.

Then why does it always have a long line?

BECAUSE ITS ALWAYS BROKEN!

Yes Epcot needed a big thrill ride. Let's hope "Space" is it.
But ripping out World of Motion turned 1 mistake into 2. That's why it hurts so much.

I think the biggest problem is that it fails to live up to its own hype...we waited years for it to open, because it was SO advanced...then you see the preshow and see all the cool tests you will do...then you get on a glorified Snow White ride. Even the freeze test isn't very cold.

The end part is ok, but a very fast car ride isn't even a unique experience to most of us.

kaos

Originally posted by sandjhooker
Kaos,

How did you get in the back because of your GM employment? Any chance of still doing that if you are an employee?

Go in through the gift shop and there is the desk in the transcenter? with an attendant who is actually a EDS/GM employee. Show your business card or ID and your drivers license and they will give you a ticket to go into the exit, bypassing the queue, and VOILA!! On your adventure you go.

Oh, you can even go into the GM lounge upstairs..

Try it... you'll like it.:drevil:

I went on it once for kicks. It's ok, but similar to Rehabilitated's post, I work as a powertrain software engineer. I have been at a real proving ground, in real cold chambers, and on real test tracks. They are a lot harsher than TT conveys. Still I hope that people are educated about the work that auto companies do to make their vehicles safe.

Cheers!

Mike

bgraham34

I think it is way overated. I have gone down to Disney and Road Test track with 3 different people. each one said it is more exciting being in the car with me.

JLW11Hi

Re: Re: I guess so

Originally posted by happy snapper

No i quite like test track and as I live next to where Jaguar test cars I have an interest, I was venting off at the lack of original thought, the best follow the party line and some of these "traditionalist views that all change is bad, and how every one is a Disney anorac. I dont care how many teeth are on a gear sprocket on the winch of the Test Track, Does it raise a smile? Yes quit complaining then, No, well I guess your at that age where its cool to put everything down.

Hey, I've been to the Jaguar factory by where you are, Happy Snapper. We went on the tour and saw how the cars were made and all. It was pretty cool, (it reminded me of Test Track, actually!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom