test track banked curve?

michael92

Original Poster
I read in a site that the banked curve in test track has its purpses, and if test track reached higher speeds, the banked curve in the end would have to be steeper.. is this true?
the banked curve in test track wasnt only made to deliver more thrills?
my theory is, maybe the force needed to keep the car in the curve were too strong (the car would, withouth the force, drive in a straight line) and they made a steep curve.. but can somebody please explain?

bhg469

I read in a site that the banked curve in test track has its purpses, and if test track reached higher speeds, the banked curve in the end would have to be steeper.. is this true?
the banked curve in test track wasnt only made to deliver more thrills?
my theory is, maybe the force needed to keep the car in the curve were too strong (the car would, withouth the force, drive in a straight line) and they made a steep curve.. but can somebody please explain?

Well any bank will help a car corner better if it wasnt there the car would still turn since its on a track but im sure they would go through alot more wheels. Im sure the bank is only there to let you feel the effects of a car in a banked turn which it does quite well IMO.

Testtrack321

WHAT?

In a nut shell banked turns are needed to create a turn at high speeds in a small area. Do you want your car making a flat turn in that amount of space going 65? I think not....

CAPTAIN HOOK

The banked curve is also there to prevent 6 guests being thrown uncomfortably to their right as the car makes the tight left turn - it counters the G Force acting on the car / passengers

bhg469

WHAT?

In a nut shell banked turns are needed to create a turn at high speeds in a small area. Do you want your car making a flat turn in that amount of space going 65? I think not....

that tight of space? I have done 65 on smaller on an ACTUAL race track. Nascar will have you believe that a car cant turn without a bank but it is possible. And yes they are very uncomfortable and your tires scream bloody murder but it can be done. It would have been a nice touch for that ride too.

Testtrack321

that tight of space? I have done 65 on smaller on an ACTUAL race track. Nascar will have you believe that a car cant turn without a bank but it is possible. And yes they are very uncomfortable and your tires scream bloody murder but it can be done. It would have been a nice touch for that ride too.

Which is the point I'm trying to make. We're talking about a ride here, one with safety precautions, tires that can't be replaced ever 30 minutes, and various other factors. In order for the ride to remain in a safe state (remember these cars will fail if they drift) it requires a banked curve.

bhg469

Which is the point I'm trying to make. We're talking about a ride here, one with safety precautions, tires that can't be replaced ever 30 minutes, and various other factors. In order for the ride to remain in a safe state (remember these cars will fail if they drift) it requires a banked curve.

totally agree, i have had some fun times drifting in the snow, would be a fun attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom