Test test refurb march 3 - 8

hellokitty1

Original Poster
Test Track Refurb
Test Track will be closed for refurbishment March 3-8, 2002. It is scheduled to reopen to guests March 9, 2002. Test Track is a behind the scenes look at the amazing world of proving and improving automobiles. This is the longest and fastest ride in the "World" with speeds at or around 65 mph while you cruise in your "test car".

Bw2002

Maybe they are going to add the infamous air-gates to Test Track. In my opinion, that would just slow the boarding process and queue line more, but SAFETY first.

NowInc

Its prob just a general refurb..I dont think air gates (then again...they put them on pooh)....

Change of tires...fix whats busted....wash the cars (woo..they need it)....

BradleyJ

Test Tracks already has the "Air Gates" they were added back when they closed the ride was closed down for a few days to finished the queue re-hab.

Pioneer Hall

I don't think they ahve the air gates. Also maybe they can put something over the outdoor track so they don't have to close the ride when it rains.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Having been stood under this ride when it "failed" during an early entry test run (i can still smell the burning rubber) i think this is one ride that safety has to come 1st .

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by NowInc
They close it during ELECTRICAL storms...it cant be fixed by covering it...

I thought it was closed in the rain also. I know There is nothing they can do during electrical storms

WDWCinch

actually.. it is put down for rain.. and depending on the amount of sun in central Florida... it could be down for an hour or two after the rain stops while they try to dry the track... something to do with traction problems.

dizpins14

I say they redo the whole ride it is not the major E-ticket ride like they promised. There is so much more they could have done with that ride.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I think youve just been spoiled. Come to the UK and try Oblivion "the worlds 1st vertical drop coaster", yep 30 secs to get to top of drop, ride over 20 secs later. now that is a true con.

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by dizpins14
I say they redo the whole ride it is not the major E-ticket ride like they promised. There is so much more they could have done with that ride.

They did have better ideas for the ride, but the budget was cut in half so they couldn't excecute many of the ideas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom