Teen denied entry to AK for outfit....

bubbles1812

Do you think they would allow me in dressed as Harry Potter?

I would find it hilarious if someone dressed as Harry Potter...I would guess it would be dependent on your wardrobe as to whether they would let you be...maybe they'd call Universal to cart you back to where you belong! :p

Also, all I can say to Purple Peter Pan is wow... I checked out his "fashion gallery" and again, wow to some of those costumes :eek:

Sans Souci

Click me

Edit: note to self: read entire thread before replying

Thanks to you and the other poster with the link. :)

I think he's lovely. He's living an authentic life and his happiness shows through.

I'm a social worker by profession, so I interact with all types of people. In other words, it takes a lot to raise my eyebrows. :ROFLOL:

MickeyPeace

Yes this 15 yr old girl could confuse younger girls who may think that she's Tink...

That is until they see her exposed breast cleavage about to slap them in the face.

Not very Disney.

WDW1974

What I want to know is who was going to be Tink and who was going as Peter?

This was discussed earlier tonight ... and I do think my man would look great in a Tink outfit.

Lee is a bit miffed, though, because he and I have yet to meet a straight dude playing Peter at WDW.

We would have made a great looking couple.:cry:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I'm suprised there are no comments from the Universal crowd saying things like...

"Well Universal would let her dress up as whoever she wants! Universal lets people do what they want..."

"I paint myself green and run around in purple shorts all the time at Uni and they never say a word!"

"I tell people at USF that I am The trerminator, I even wear a leather jacket to the parks and I never got any flack."

Come on folks, what are you waiting for? You are passing up on your opportunity.

I feel your pain and bitterness. Its a little sad to be so consumed by corporate loyalty.

DisneyNerd547

First off, I agree with Disney's decision to not allow them into the park wearing her costume. They go to great lengths to ensure that their character's image is maintained and that the magic is not spoiled for little ones. Personally I would have made sure to go during MNSSHP to ensure that I could get in.

That being said, I am incredibly let down by how cynical and sarcastic most people on this thread have been towards this girl. It saddens me a great deal that people are making comment about a 15 year old's small joy being stopped short. Disney, of all places, is where people just want to be a kid and it's mean to pass judgment on her just because she wanted to feel like Tinkerbell for a day. Don't be so cruel. :(

So last fall during MNSSHP there was a dude dressed in a full gorilla costume. Now, everyone was dressing up so I get why he was allowed to wear it, but he was interacting with guests and actually being bothersome to some people (walking up to them, following them, etc) - while others came up to him and took pictures with him and whatnot. The line between whether he was Disney or whether he was a guest was fuzzy (not to me, but I could tell it was to some people) and it actually made me really uncomfortable. To the point where I was ready to go talk to a CM about it before the gorilla walked away from the area we were in.

I can totally understand not allowing people to do anything that might make them seem like part of the show - one person gets groped by a fake 'Disney' actor, or in this case maybe there's a wardrobe malfunction, and Disney has a huge problem on it's hands.

Tom Morrow

That being said, I am incredibly let down by how cynical and sarcastic most people on this thread have been towards this girl. It saddens me a great deal that people are making comment about a 15 year old's small joy being stopped short. Disney, of all places, is where people just want to be a kid and it's mean to pass judgment on her just because she wanted to feel like Tinkerbell for a day. Don't be so cruel. :(
I think its hard to feel sorry for her when, not only did Disney offer her free clothes to change into so she could enjoy her day at the park, they denied that and went to the press over this.

ddbowdoin

HAH! I literally spit my drink out laughing when they said "She started the day looking like this [pic of her as Tink], but she ended it looking like this [shot of her with running mascara and disheveled." Great journalism. :ROFLOL:

On a serious note, I don't feel bad for her. I think it's ironic that they'll let someone in the shirt with a crude sexual reference on their shirt, but not a girl dressed as Tink, but I understand their reasoning. She should not have made such a big deal out of it, Disney offered her free clothes to change into...I say get over it.

damn, images seem to be broken on my end!

EpcoTim

It always starts this way. Young girl, full of life, big dreams of floating from ride to ride dressed as her favorite character, full of youthful vibrance and joy. But the years pass and the pixie dust high turns dark, glitter covered skin turns to a leatherly protective layer, cute sparky green dress turns to a jewel encrusted mini skirt and tube top and soon we have another once full-of-life young woman now reduced to working the Streets of America, parading herself out there corner to corner, just so she can afford one last silver balloon, one last glowing wand that won't last til the end of some horrible parade, one more sodium induced binge through Adventureland.

Disney did this girl a favor and she may not know it now, but they may have just saved her life. Bravo, Disney, bravo.

J_Carioca

To finally say what has been tip-toed around, what if a child molester dresses up like Jack Sparrow and walks around WDW. Would you be okay with that? Many times kidnappers are couples. What if it were Cinderella and Prince Charming? At some point, Disney Management has to draw the line for safety if nothing else.

This isn't about Disney trying to stop people from taking the limelight away from their characters and show. This is about Disney trying to keep the millions of children who visit their parks each year safe.

Exactly. The costume policy is not about trying to preserve the "magic" and avoiding having two Tinkerbells in one spot. It's about creating the safest possible environment in a place where you have thousands of children. Dressing up as a character would be a very easy way to attract the attention of a lot of children.

I understand that the girl was disappointed, but I think Disney has the right to do this, and as others have said, they didn't actually deny her entrance but gave her free clothes so she could enjoy the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom