Team Cap, Project Three: SYWTBAI Season 14

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
PROJECT THREE: HOLIDAYS CAN BE A REAL NIGHTMARE

- Inspired by the Haunted Mansion Holiday Project of Season Eight -

"Saint Nicholas is not coming this year. Instead, a much darker, ancient spirit. His name is Krampus. He and his helpers did not come to give, but to take. He is the shadow of Saint Nicholas." - Omi, Krampus (2015)

How-Terrifying.gif

In homage to my favorite prompt of Season Eight, we'll step back from the futuristic carnival of Project Two and travel into the moldering sanctum of the spirit world: The Haunted Mansion. For this round, we'll explore the ever-popular, but decidedly controversial advent of a holiday overlay for our favorite Disney spookhouse. But, rather than have each team focus on the same Nightmare Before Christmas prompt of Season Eight, Sandy Claws has prepared a few tricks and treats up his crooked sleeve...

Having opened Walt's Vault, @Basketbuddy101 - I mean, "Sandy Claws" - has unwrapped and re-gifted a unique, frightfully festive prompt for each team to explore. That's right, boys and ghouls... Each team will do something COMPLETELY different, as per Sandy's selection! Hee-hee-hee!

giphy.gif

In tribute to Season Thirteen, your focus is to build a Christmas overlay from scratch for the Haunted Mansion of New Orleans Square, found in Disneyland. To "build from scratch" is to entirely forbid the use of any and all IP's - Nightmare included. We want to see your interpretation of how the 999 happy haunts would celebrate - and decorate - for Christmas without the help of Jack Skellington. Aside from the limited restrictions, this prompt is almost entirely blue sky.

- Originality is key. No IP's. No Tim Burton. Just Team Cap.
- Create an original, non-IP character (or creature) to replace the Raven as the ride's unofficial mascot. We want a character that fits your vision for a Haunted Mansion Christmas.
- The soundtrack, script and narration must all undergo some significant change from the original Mansion.
- We want an old-fashioned ride-through, right down to the dialogue. Take us on this journey with you.

tumblr_nz5j7zeEAL1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

Also, this round will be a DOUBLE ELIMINATION. This means that the team in second and third place will both lose a contestant. Unlike the past two rounds, we will NOT announce a nominee(s) until the time comes to actually eliminate someone. So, stay on your toes!

Lastly, congratulations to @spacemt354[/USER] - you have been selected for this round's PoMVP!

Good luck, Teams! I will start the work threads shortly. This most festive project is due on
Saturday, February 25th @ 11:59 PM (ET), 8:59 PM (PT).

spacemt354

Chili's
Good morning everyone!

The Haunted Mansion is among my favorite attractions, at least in the top 3 -- so that part of the project is cool.

I'll also say that not having an IP attachment is a major plus for us -- because we aren't tied down to anything and can get really creative. Along with that...I think this was a project in Season 13 too? One that I was away for and sadly we didn't get much done.

Ironically I'm going to be busy for this one too:p Basically until Friday -- but I can help out where needed for the time being though, and whatever direction we want to take it in is good with me!

kmbmw777

So I had to do some research on the Raven.

He doesn't really have much backstory or significance. He seems to be kinda just there.
So when we make a new mascot, should it be of the same prevalence or like an actual host.

spacemt354

Chili's
The conundrum I had with this both last year and now is the Mansion is so iconic and it's just a holiday overlay....how much can you really change to the story without completely changing the attraction?

It's a tough nut to crack...ideally you'd just be adding things...not replacing, because that wouldnt make any sense to get rid of AAs and replace them for a seasonal ride.

Meditate on this, I will. -Yoda

kmbmw777

The conundrum I had with this both last year and now is the Mansion is so iconic and it's just a holiday overlay....how much can you really change to the story without completely changing the attraction?

It's a tough nut to crack...ideally you'd just be adding things...not replacing, because that wouldnt make any sense to get rid of AAs and replace them for a seasonal ride.

Meditate on this, I will. -Yoda

Well. What if the guests were all invited to a sort of Christmas ball, so that explains why the ghosts decorated the mansion (to fool the guests)

spacemt354

Chili's
Well. What if the guests were all invited to a sort of Christmas ball, so that explains why the ghosts decorated the mansion (to fool the guests)
Hmm that's interesting. Though I'm not sure what you mean by fooling the guests.

The thing I love about the mansion is its simplicity. There's a whole detailed backstory to the ride...but when you walk up to the house you can break it down to just taking a tour of a haunted house. Perhaps the happy haunts are assembling for a "yule-tide wake"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom