Team B: E-Ticket

TrevorA

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Alright, sounds good. So, do you think we might as well do something Egyptian/mummy-esque, or something else in the pyramid?

---TrevorA

TrevorA

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
^That's not a bad idea. Straying off topic, it looks like Animal Kingdom is starting to have a whole range of mountains, like the Magic Kingdom. But, it seems that these all have similar backstorys: legend and folklore. Expedition Everest: Legend of the Forbidden Mountain; The Great Pyramid: Legend of the Mummy. Haha, sorry, I really like this pyramid thing. It works well in Animal Kingdom.

I wonder if the Planet Watch could possibly do something of a Sahara Desert thing, to keep in touch with Africa. But also, I think that the whole conservation idea is important to the park. Maybe replacing it is not such a good idea after all. What do you fellars think?

---TrevorA

TrevorA

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
^I meant tha park in general. It's important to the real animal kingdom.

Let's get cracking, we only have 9 days left.

---TrevorA

TrevorA

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Okay. We could use Anubis, the God of the funerary and mummification. He's portrayed as a jackal and a dog in most Egyptian folklore.

If you don't like that, though, we could also use Ra, the God of the Sun. He was the most important deity by the time of the fifth Egyptian dynasty. I think Anubis would work better though, seeing as how pyramids are tombs for the pharaohs. They story could work around guests being grave robbers, or stopping grave robbers, and getting caught by the God of the Afterlife. It's really a shot in the dark, but how does it sound?

---TrevorA

disneyman82

I like snakes and jackals, then at the end have a big confrontation with Ra. Maybe we could make this a flume ride and as you plummet down on the final drop out of the pyramid Ra looks up like he's about to catch you.

TrevorA

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
^Flume ride is a good idea, if we can make the whole water-in-the-desert thing believable. In fact, now that I think about it, guests could ride solar boats, much like Ra does when he travels to the underworld during the night. According to Egyptian myth, the God of the Sun was said to carry the prayers and blessings of the living with the souls of the dead on the sun boat. As I said, he did this at night, when the sun was not present. The only problem with that is the fact that Ra was thought to never travel to Earth in his godly form. I don't know, maybe he's not the best idea.

This is really starting to come together.

---TrevorA

EDIT: Anubis was considered the God of the Dead until the Middle Kingdom when he was replaced by Osiris. We could use either of those. It's really hard to research this stuff, Egyptian religion was never the same over the years...

disneyman82

Rough story: Guests ventured to the center of the pyramid because Egypt was in a long drought and they had to bring water back to the land, but when they "activate the life amulet it starts to make the creatures mad and we get chased out of the pyramid by a flood starting at the center because of the amulet.

TrevorA

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
^^So is it kind of like the tablet of Akmanrah in Night at the Museum?

---TrevorA

TrevorA

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Sorry for the double post. Perhaps we could play more of a treasure hunter angle. I was watching Sahara yesterday and I gave me the idea, although it sounds more like Niational Treasure 2. We (the guests) are traveling in the pyramid, looking for some kind of treasure. Something happens, and we set off a large trap. < Thats where the water comes in.

Just a thought.

---TrevorA

TrevorA

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Okay, how do you want to go about this? We only have a few day left!!

I'll draw up some concept art for the pyramid, I suppose we'll probably need some of that.

---TrevorA

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom