TDR marketing vs US parks marketing?

EPCOT Explorer

The TDS was to long for my short attention span. I do not think that scoring a little league touchdown in worth a trip to Disney, Dairy Queen maybe.
:lol: That's true.

And yes, TDS is more of a promo to be watched by choice, not one tp be shown for 30 seconds TV.:shrug: At least that's what I thought.

EPCOT Explorer

*bump*

So it seems that Tokyo's Marketing changes throughout the year...

In doing some eBay trolling and some research they have seasonal festivals, like last years BonFire Promotion for DisneySea. Looks interesting.:D

EpcotServo

*bump*

So it seems that Tokyo's Marketing changes throughout the year...

In doing some eBay trolling and some research they have seasonal festivals, like last years BonFire Promotion for DisneySea. Looks interesting.

I wish we had holidays half as cool as Festivals...

That's right, Tanabata is coming up July 7th...They celebrate that at TDR too.

*looks wistfully out the window thinking of Haruhi*

:D

EPCOT Explorer

The Japanese are really good at that. There's a silly Japan Airlines video/song for their new Boeing 777 service titled "I Could Be There With You" that tugs at your emotions. And it's just a video about airline seats! http://www.jal.co.jp/newjal/boeing777_en_high.html
Hah! That's pretty awesome!
I wish we had holidays half as cool as Festivals...

That's right, Tanabata is coming up July 7th...They celebrate that at TDR too.

*looks wistfully out the window thinking of Haruhi*

:D

Indeed. And with it comes pretty cool merch.:lol:
http://i20.ebayimg.com/05/i/001/2f/88/dd92_1.JPG
Currently waiting on a Mickey plush from the festival thanks to eBay...

Servo, you would know...How long is shipping from Japan?:lol:

EpcotServo

Aaaand, what's what?
:lookaroun

*falls over*

It's your auction, what was the shipping method listed as?

:lol:

SAL is the standard, takes longer, and is not track able, and EMS is the faster option.

I have no idea how eBay shipping works, the only thing I had shipped from an eBay auction was from Shanghai, and that took maybe about...three to four weeks.

EPCOT Explorer

*falls over*

It's your auction, what was the shipping method listed as?

SAL is the standard, takes longer, and is not track able, and EMS is the faster option.

I have no idea how eBay shipping works, the only thing I had shipped from an eBay auction was from Shanghai, and that took maybe about...three to four weeks.
Can't track this.:lol::lookaroun

tomm4004

I first visited WDW in 1986 (28 times since). My knowledge of the resort came from a 1971 promo film that played before Snowball Express, and from a 1985 business magazine article on EPCOT. I was familiar with names - Space Mountain, Jungle Cruise, etc., but I doubt I'd seen more than a few pictures or perhaps a film clip or two. It was almost the mystery, the unknown factor, that had always made me want to go. And we've been back every year, and I've been to Anaheim, Paris and Tokyo.

In July 1977, my Mom said there was this movie playing that was like a Western set in space. I opened the newspaper and saw the strange ad - some guy with a light sword held over his head. We had a picnic and went to the show on a steamy afternoon. Been a major fan ever since.

Now people can get enough information that they could walk around WDW blindfolded on their first visit and not bump into anything. My two-year-old niece knew every Disney character before her first visit. And people spend months on the web getting filled up on spoilers before the sequel hits the theatres. Somehow I like the old way better.

EPCOT Explorer

Very nice...

I wish we advertised our parks with J-Pop...

I just wish we had REAL advertising like that. :eek:
:sohappy:

(And they actually used a REAL fireworks sequence from Starlight Magic, not the usual burst of 9034807897912378 shells shot off for WDW. That's the first "finale" of the show, there. :D)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom