TDR marketing vs US parks marketing?

EpcotServo

Well, first of all, expecting the TDS ad first and finding the Celebrate ad made me cringe, if that doesn't say anything about it.
:lol:

Seriously, no competition. One pits stereotypical vignettes of American Lifestyle dropped against photo-altered images of IMPOSSIBLE things you can't do at the parks, such as eat a Birthday Cake with characters in a mysterious wooden hose, that from the looks of it, was somehow built like twelve feet away from Disneyland's Castle.
:rolleyes::brick:

Add in a Marketing Ploy, and drop in an 80's Training-Montage-Anthem and you have one jumbled ad appealing to the lowest demographic possible.

Take Tokyo's Ad. Not only do you have a beautifully-directed film, with a clear story, feeling, and tone, they ALSO manage to do it while showing off the beauty of the REAL park, no photo-trickery at all. And on top of everything, they even advertise the park's anniversary as a way to entice people to come back, or see what's new for the Celebration.

In short, one is a McDonald's ad, and one is practically a fine Short-Film that evokes real emotions, not just cupcake-and-balloon-do-right-by-your-six-year-old-wal-mart-emotions.

EPCOT Explorer

Well, first of all, expecting the TDS ad first and finding the Celebrate ad made me cringe, if that doesn't say anything about it.

Seriously, no competition. One pits stereotypical vignettes of American Lifestyle dropped against photo-altered images of IMPOSSIBLE things you can't do at the parks, such as eat a Birthday Cake with characters in a mysterious wooden hose, that from the looks of it, was somehow built like twelve feet away from Disneyland's Castle.
:rolleyes::brick:

Add in a Marketing Ploy, and drop in an 80's Training-Montage-Anthem and you have one jumbled ad appealing to the lowest demographic possible.

Take Tokyo's Ad. Not only do you have a beautifully-directed film, with a clear story, feeling, and tone, they ALSO manage to do it while showing off the beauty of the REAL park, no photo-trickery at all. And on top of everything, they even advertise the park's anniversary as a way to entice people to come back, or see what's new for the Celebration.

In short, one is a McDonald's ad, and one is practically a fine Short-Film that evokes real emotions, not just cupcake-and-balloon-do-right-by-your-six-year-old-wal-mart-emotions.

Exactly.

DisneySea's add makes you want to experience that. It plays on human emotion, thought, and experiences. It makes the park seem real, inviting and mysterious. Who know a love story could be foretold by a 5 min Commercial? That's art.

The WDW Commercial, although cute, and with admittedly a catchy and enjoyable song, is overly exaggerated and you can tell it's an ad. It's a blatant cry for "Visit a Disney Park!". Not saying that that's not needed, but it can be done in much better taste.

TDS FTW, as always it seems. This just made me want to visit those parks even more.:lol: Considered this dowloaded.

EpcotServo

So, I've had this ad of all things playing on my iPod all day, what does THAT tell you?:lookaroun:lol:

So now that you are fully obsessed, what's your favorite original TDS attraction score? Journey, 20K, or StormRider?

It's so hard to pick, they're all so good. I'm gonna' have to go with Journey To The Center of the Earth.

EPCOT Explorer

So now that you are fully obsessed, what's your favorite original TDS attraction score? Journey, 20K, or StormRider?

It's so hard to pick, they're all so good. I'm gonna' have to go with Journey To The Center of the Earth.
Oh, goodness.:lol:

Well, to be fair, I've watched the vids, but I can never get a good "hear" of the audio. Do you have links or files you would like to supply me so that I can make a educated choice, Travis-San?:D

EPCOT Explorer

StormRider. Love the flourishes an d fanfare on the main (trumpet) theme:D

That could even be used in SM...:D:shrug:

EpcotServo

StormRider. Love the flourishes an d fanfare on the main (trumpet) theme:D

That could even be used in SM...:D:shrug:

Nah, I think it's best if kept for just StormRider.

Solution? GIVE US STORMRIDER. C'mon, it's not like it's their best attraction...just give it to us already! Japanese hosts and everything!

EPCOT Explorer

Nah, I think it's best if kept for just StormRider.

Solution? GIVE US STORMRIDER. C'mon, it's not like it's their best attraction...just give it to us already! Japanese hosts and everything!

True.

So...I've expanded my Horizons. Tokyo DisneySea AND Tokyo Disneyland. Starlight Dreams/Magic. Amazing? Yes.:lol::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

How their castle does not catch on fire is beyond me.

And I want their forecourt stage. Much more classic, much more techy.

Uncle Lupe

The TDS was to long for my short attention span. I do not think that scoring a little league touchdown in worth a trip to Disney, Dairy Queen maybe.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom