Tattoo Forearm Removal Vs. Wearing a Covering

Matthew04

Original Poster
I have a question that I have been trying to find the answer to.

I have a forearm tattoo, about 1 inch by four inches, something I have covered in the past with a skin colored covering (sort of like an ace bandage).

I have read many different people say many different things about being allowed to cover your tattoo at Walt Disney World.

I stumbled upon a thread from 2006 that had a pdf file that showed where you could work given where your tattoo was, and the forearm tattoo had very limited job opportunities.

Here are my questions:
1. Will Disney allow me to work anywhere in the park if I cover my tattoo with either Makeup or a skin colored covering?
2. Will I be limited in the roles I can be hired for because of having a forearm tattoo.

My big question is can I cover it with either a flesh colored armband or long sleeves, or will Disney not allow that.

Thank you everybody for your help! I am considering getting my tattoo laser removed, but do not want to do that if a simple covering will work.

Vii

1) Disney employees use this product called 'derma blend' to cover up their tattoos.
2) I think most roles have long-sleeved costumes that you can cover your tattoo with.

Your recruiter will definitely ask about it.. just tell them the truth. I KNOW there are cast members with tattoos on their arms and legs.. but their costumes cover the tattoos. You should be fine, I think.

Matthew04

Original Poster

Vii

Yeah, I've seen that document before.. and I honestly don't know. Like for attractions, I'm sure there are costumes that are long-sleeved, so that document might be out-dated. For instance, I have one on the back of my neck and that grid says the costumes will not cover it, but I can cover it with my hair or dermablend.

I'm sure if you can't wear short-sleeves, that you can just cover it with make-up.

Matthew04

Original Poster
Thanks, I really appreciate it. Merchandise was one of the few areas that forearm tattoos were allowed, so at least I know that is a possibility!

Vii

No problem! And I hear they are hiring A LOT during this time of the year, so I think you should be fine!

Good luck!

wilkeliza

I have a leg tattoo and I had no issue getting hired. I also have friends in attractions who have arm tattoos and leg tattoos and they just wear long sleeves or pants. I wear tube socks that cover my leg tattoo and are still in my costume guidelines.

The issue with arm tattoos is if it a big tattoo by your wrist. If it is like a full sleeve or bigger than a quarter and by your wrist you will probably will be put in either merch or a backstage role like costuming. The reason for this is you would have to have a bandaid or make up as well as the Lon sleeves.

ShankRiley

I just wanted to share what I cover my forearm tattoos with. Ink Armor by Tat2X: http://www.tat2x.com/cover-a-tattoo.html The sleeves work great and come in different skin tones. I got the sun tan full sleeve but there's also a forearm sleeve. Make sure you get the right size though, mine fits nice and snug and doesn't slide down my arm.

KDMills96

I was wondering. Do they currently allow tattoo coverups or makeup? I'm thinking about auditioning when I have the money to travel for a face character, though the problem is, I have a Jack Sparrow tattoo on my right forearm. Would I still be hired?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom