Taping "Saving Mr. Banks" at DL in Nov.

nemofinder22

Original Poster
Mouseinfo is reporting that taping for the upcoming movie "Saving Mr. Banks" will take place Nov 6-7.

http://www.mouseinfo.com/forums/con...ack-1961-taping-saving-mr-banks-november.html

We've just received word that taping will be occurring for two days at Disneyland November 6 and 7 for SAVING MR. BANKS.

Rumored following a few days later is the DLR segment of The Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade on Nov 9-10 Nov 3-4. The DLR segments are usually taped the weekend before the official start of Holidays at the Disneyland Resort as both the garlands and Christmas tree are in the way of taping.

Guess the first week of Nov will be busy with film crews.

A few weeks ago before Halloween Time started a new Christmas commercial was filmed on Main Street.

Edits can be seen with cross outs.

Californian Elitist

This is definitely some interesting news. I'm so curious to know which parts of DL they'll be filming. I'm guessing definitely Main Street. This should be fun to follow. Christmas commercials are always fun. Thank you for posting!

Cosmic Commando

Rumored following a few days later is the DLR segment of The Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade on Nov 9-10. The DLR segments are usually taped the weekend before the official start of Holidays at the Disneyland Resort as both the garlands and Christmas tree are in the way of taping.
Small World and Big Thunder Ranch open back up on the 9th, so I assumed that would be the official start to the Holidays?

wiigirl

I'm gonna be a star!

lol :)
75.gif

nemofinder22

Original Poster
Small World and Big Thunder Ranch open back up on the 9th, so I assumed that would be the official start to the Holidays?

I put the rumored date of the parade taping on the wrong day it's Nov 3 maybe 4th as well.

The official date of the holidays is Nov 12- Jan 6, 2013. I think most events, decorations and some of the entertainment open before hand.

The taping of Saving Mr. Banks should be interesting, Main Street comes to mind as well, maybe the castle areas?

Californian Elitist

I put the rumored date of the parade taping on the wrong day it's Nov 3 maybe 4th as well.

The official date of the holidays is Nov 12- Jan 6, 2013. I think most events, decorations and some of the entertainment open before hand.

The taping of Saving Mr. Banks should be interesting, Main Street comes to mind as well, maybe the castle areas?

I'm definitely thinking the castle areas too, though those areas don't look the same at all. I really think they're going to have to digitally change Disneyland to make it look like 1960's Disneyland on the computer for the film.

nemofinder22

Original Poster
Some more from The OC Register. Some extras will be DLR CMs, and sections of the park will be closed. The OC Register reports just as above the taping dates of Nov 6-7.

http://www.ocregister.com/entertainment/disney-375568-hanks-movie.html
Disney officials declined to confirm which actors would come to Disneyland, and they warned that visitors shouldn't expect to see or hear any stars on set, which will be obstructed.
Because the movie is set in 1961, crews can't risk accidentally filming any regular guests in the background, said Suzi Brown, a Disneyland Resort spokeswoman.
Instead, Disney has asked its employees to apply as extras who will appear as Disneyland guests. Interested employees submitted pictures of themselves in period clothes for consideration for a few dozen spots.
Four balloon vendors and four Main Street, U.S.A. vehicle drivers were selected for more prominent roles to do their jobs while the cameras are rolling, Brown said.
Crews will close sections of the park only during filming and no area will be closed all day. Disney declined to say which parts would be closed.

Cosmic Commando

Mickey1984

Surely they will film some of the movie on Buzz Lightyear Ranger Spin, right? .... o_O :p

I love the way Disney have asked cast members to submit pictures of themselves in "period clothes". I bet all cast members are looking through their wardrobes as we speak thinking "I know just the outfit" :D

Matt7187

Me:dad, can you take me to disneyland on nov. 6-7?
Dad:NO!!!!!
Me:hey mom, can you take me to disneyland on nov. 6-7?
Mom:NO!!!!!
Me: (on phone) hey grandma, can you take me to disneyland on nov. 6-7?
Grandma: HECK NO!!!!
At least i tried :(

Cosmic Commando

Here's my "Saving Mr. Banks" filming report:
On Tuesday afternoon, they had Fantasyland completely closed in the afternoon. As far as I could tell, every Fantasyland attraction was closed. They had a wall of cast members blocking off the side by Alice and they even had the pathways on the side of the castle blocked at the hub. I didn't go telephoto paparazzo, but as far as I could tell, it looked like they were filming near the carousel. I was just connecting the dots now as I was typing up this post, but I was looking for the Julie Andrews horse today and it wasn't on the carousel at all... possibly because they were filming there? The only other evidence of filming I saw yesterday was some heavy duty cable laid in the flower planters in Town Square.
Today (Wednesday), about 3/4 of the entry turnstiles to Disneyland were blocked off for filming, and there were extras in period clothes milling around. There was also an period-looking car parked on the esplanade. You were actually pretty close to the filming, and they had CMs holding up "Quiet Please" signs to help the film crew. There were also signs that said something like "Mickey and his pals are filming right now, but they'll be available in Toontown later in the day." The only other interesting thing that I noticed was some special decorations next to the floral Mickey. It looked like old movie posters on the grass next to the floral Mickey... I saw Babes in Toyland and 20K Leagues Under the Sea.

SDC15581.jpg

SDC15582.jpg

Matt7187

Here's my "Saving Mr. Banks" filming report:
On Tuesday afternoon, they had Fantasyland completely closed in the afternoon. As far as I could tell, every Fantasyland attraction was closed. They had a wall of cast members blocking off the side by Alice and they even had the pathways on the side of the castle blocked at the hub. I didn't go telephoto paparazzo, but as far as I could tell, it looked like they were filming near the carousel. I was just connecting the dots now as I was typing up this post, but I was looking for the Julie Andrews horse today and it wasn't on the carousel at all... possibly because they were filming there? The only other evidence of filming I saw yesterday was some heavy duty cable laid in the flower planters in Town Square.
Today (Wednesday), about 3/4 of the entry turnstiles to Disneyland were blocked off for filming, and there were extras in period clothes milling around. There was also an period-looking car parked on the esplanade. You were actually pretty close to the filming, and they had CMs holding up "Quiet Please" signs to help the film crew. There were also signs that said something like "Mickey and his pals are filming right now, but they'll be available in Toontown later in the day." The only other interesting thing that I noticed was some special decorations next to the floral Mickey. It looked like old movie posters on the grass next to the floral Mickey... I saw Babes in Toyland and 20K Leagues Under the Sea.

SDC15581.jpg

SDC15582.jpg
Thanks for the update!

Californian Elitist

Thank you for the updates! That car is either a replica, or the real deal; that's Walt Disney's car, which is very cool. I've seen it in person.

Everyone looks great in their period clothes. The posters by Mickey were there back in the day. Here's a postcard from then:

6414714099_62f58e8b17_z.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom