Pre-Trip Taking the kids for the first time

I think my family is tired of hearing about this...so yay for a place to talk about it with people who care ;)

The first week of May we are taking our kids to Disney for the first time! I went multiple times as a child and my husband and I went with our in-laws and our then 6 month old daughter back in 2012. I've always wanted to take the kids when they are old enough to enjoy it--they are now 5, 3, and 18 months. Still on the young side, but since we don't have a baby and life is going to be busy for the next few years (husband's job), now is the time! My parents are also coming with us, but camping at Fort Wilderness, so that will be extra fun. I ordered the Disney Vacation DVD back then and the kids have it memorized now :eek:

I started planning this back in early 2016 and man, it is has satisfied planning needs I didn't know I had! I love researching vacations, so this is right up my alley. We are using a Disney Vacation Planner (a friend) and she has been helpful, even though I like to do most of the planning myself. I have found these forums to be very helpful as well. We are doing a split stay at Wilderness Lodge/Caribbean Beach and will have the Disney Dining plan for the first 1/2 of our trip. I even have spreadsheets for this part. :geek:

So without further ado, here our are plans!

Sunday:
  • Arrive late morning, take Magical Express to Wilderness Lodge and then head to Disney Springs. (I wish we could go straight to Disney Springs, but it appears that isn't possible?)
  • Lunch and shopping at Disney Springs. The kids have been earning "Disney Dollars" to spend on a toy, so we plan to hit up World of Disney and Goofy's Candy Shop for a create your own treat
  • Head back to the Lodge, check in, swim (maybe with my parents...see contentious Guests at Pool thread :bored:)
  • Dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe with parents and then to bed EARLY
Monday: MAGIC KINGDOM!
  • Take the boat over to arrive at rope drop. The focus of the day will be Fantasyland and we have morning fastpasses around that.
  • Lunch at Be Our Guest and then a few more rides before we head back to the Lodge for naps
  • Dinner at Geyser Point and then back to the parks for a few more hours. We'll see how long the kids last before heading back.
Tuesday: Animal Kingdom
  • I've never been here, so I don't know what to expect. We have some fastpasses lined up and I'm not sure if we will go back for naps or not.
  • Early dinner at Sanaa. The kids had a choice of this vs 1900 Park Fare and this was the clear winner--kind of interesting!
Wednesday: MAGIC KINGDOM! AGAIN!
  • Checkout of Wilderness Lodge, head to the Magic Kingdom at rope drop again. This time we are starting in Adventureland & Frontierland. More fastpasses in this area, then lunch at Columbia Harbor House or Pecos Bills. Then back to my parent's RV for Naps.
  • Early Dinner at 'Ohana with my parents. Then the kids get to hang out with Grandma & Grandpa for an evening of campfire fun while the grownups have some fun of their own :)
  • My husband and I are going to Trader Sams with some good friends that live in the area. Then we are going to hit up Extra Magic Hours at the MK childless and cash in the rest of our snack credits at the Main Street Confectionary.
Thursday: Recover
  • Sleep in. Get kids from my parents. Head to Boardwalk to ride a surrey and have lunch at the Boardwalk Bakery. Probably more naps and then swimming at the Caribbean Beach Resort Pool.
  • Dinner at The Polite Pig in Disney Springs with more local friends
Friday: Disney Studios
  • We've got fastpasses lined up, but I'm not as excited about this park with all the closures. My oldest wants to ride the thrill rides and I'm hoping the shows will make for a little more restful day. Lunch at Pizzerizzos and dinner at 50s Prime Time (have great memories there from childhood). I doubt we will stay late.
Saturday: Epcot
  • Get there early and hopefully the 3 year old will be tall enough to get on Test Track. He's been talking about it for months, but he might be 1/4 inch too short!
  • Spend boatloads of money for lunch at Akershus. Then fastpass for the Frozen ride.
  • Walk the World Showcase with the kids. Play the Phineas and Ferb game in one country. Tangierine Cafe for dinner.
Sunday: We fly out stupid early, but hey, it was minimal Southwest points!

amjt660

Premium Member
Following along
Sounds like a great plan with balance between with and without the kids
It is great that you will have your parents to help out.

Looking forward to the trip report

Max

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom