Taking 17 month old for the first time - lots of questions!

smurphy28

We took our son one week after his first birthday, and we had no regrets. It is an experience that we as parents will remember forever.

The key, like others have said, would be to go at his pace. Don't stress out if you miss out on doing something, and leave plenty of time to do the things that are most important to you.

We went for six full days in the park, which wasn't quite enough. I think if we were to do it again, we would stay 7 or 8 days, but leave one full day off in the middle to just stay at the resort and enjoy the pool. All of the excitement can be tiring for a young one, and we noticed it around day 4, and so the last part of the trip was definitely more relaxed.

We also took the mid afternoon breaks and went back to the hotel. This meant that we didn't have to lug as much around the parks with us. We just brought a little umbrella stroller, which was all we would have wanted to bring on Disney transportation. Having your own car, the bigger stroller will be better!

Enjoy the trip!

Lance

We took our son one week after his first birthday, and we had no regrets. It is an experience that we as parents will remember forever.

The key, like others have said, would be to go at his pace. Don't stress out if you miss out on doing something, and leave plenty of time to do the things that are most important to you.

We went for six full days in the park, which wasn't quite enough. I think if we were to do it again, we would stay 7 or 8 days, but leave one full day off in the middle to just stay at the resort and enjoy the pool. All of the excitement can be tiring for a young one, and we noticed it around day 4, and so the last part of the trip was definitely more relaxed.

We also took the mid afternoon breaks and went back to the hotel. This meant that we didn't have to lug as much around the parks with us. We just brought a little umbrella stroller, which was all we would have wanted to bring on Disney transportation. Having your own car, the bigger stroller will be better!

Enjoy the trip!

Well said!

We've taken our son at 7 months, a year and we're going in October and he'll be 18 months. We do all the stuff he can, and don't really worry about not hitting the mountains or thrill rides. I get through it by telling myself that in 5+ years, I'll have more than my fill with him on all the big rides...

And as others have said, Tusker House Character Breakfast, he loved it! But it was quite the task getting a reservation.

boilerpicc

We took our daugher at 3 months and 15 months. We were on the dining plan while we were there. We ended up doing most of our table service meals for lunch during my daughter's nap time. We could generally get her to fall asleep in the stroller by walking around, and then we would have a nice meal in the air conditioning while she slept. We did do the Crystal Palace for a character breakfast to test how she would be with the characters. It turns out that she loved them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom