Take a walk through the line of Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey

EpcotServo

I still really don't think it will hurt Disney. I think it will convince more people to come to Orlando, and certainly Universal, but people skipping Disney all together is such a slim number it won't hurt any kind of bottom line. To think that Disney will fall down into a Shatner-esque collapse is way too foolhardy. Honestly Disney knows this is a gigantic boon for Tourism here, but it ain't a risk to them other than obviously losing the showmanship points for the year. They've been showed up, but frankly they know it won't hurt where it counts to them these days: The wallet.

WDW will keep the bottom line in tow, then in 2011-12 when people stop coming to Florida just for Harry Potter, they'll turn on the "Good Show" facet again for Fantasyland and Star Tours. It's a shady move, but it's a smart one.

(But for us purist fans, we don't want them to be cunning and evil, we want them to deliver a great show, which is what Universal is doing.)

As for the Queue, I welcome it to the League of Gentlemanly Queues. Indiana Jones, Expedition Everest, Revenge of the Mummy, Men In Black, Tower of Terror, and now Forbidden Journey will team up and be awesome and classy. Together, they solve Attraction Murders!

primusjim

ZOMG u guys!!!!!!!!!1111! I watched this video awhile ago and it was so amazing that it immediately cleared my socially crippling acne right up! After two more viewings, I was certain that the Harry Potter theme park represents the pinnacle of human achievement, so I forwarded it to my supervisor at Disney, who forwarded it various Disney executives and directors. To make a long story short, they called an emergency meeting, where it was quickly decided that since they are so outmatched, Disney will immediately cease operations in all of it's worldwide theme parks, affording the top brass more time to devote to creating Potterland fan sites.
LOL.
Seriously though, I hope the ride is great. I love the books and movies, but the level of excitement for one new ride, one repainted ok coaster, one repainted kiddy coaster, a food location, a couple of shops and zero room for expansion doesn't make much sense to me. With this project being advertised worldwide as a Harry Potter Theme Park, I can't help but think there is going to be a lot of disappointment. Not that what little there is doesn't look great, I just wish there was a bit more, or at least the possibility of more in the future.

JLW11Hi

I just watched the Wand Shop show on you tube. I heard that the wands themselves don't do anything, is that true? I feel like Universal missed out on an opportunity to add a "Kim Possible" like experience with the wands, where they could have guests wave their wands at stuff around the Universal Parks and have stuff happen, a-la the Kim Possible thing at Epcot. It seems like it would make people want to buy the wands more...?

(oh, and the place looks great by the way!)

JT3000

Budget and time constraints didn't allow them to utilize wand interactivity. It's something they may look into in the future.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom