Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Matt7187

Votes: 11 45.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RMichael21

Original Poster
imhof.jpg

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, welcome to the 2015 vote for the TAFI Imagineering Hall of Fame. Ever since 2013, some of wdwmagic's greatest Imagineers have been honored as Hall of Fame members and this week, 4 new Imagineers will be honored as the TAFI Imagineering Hall of Fame Class of 2015. Above, any and all members of the forums may vote for four people that they believe deserves to be inducted into the Hall of Fame. In addition, below is a short paragraph describing the nominee and their impact on the forums.

The 2015 vote will last 1 week, ending at 1:30 PM EST on Sunday, November 8th. Each member may only vote once.

- englanddg -
Since joining wdwmagic in 2012, englanddg has been a staple member of the Walt Disney World discussion forums. However, he is best known for taking Imagineering competitions to a level of detail and depth never seen before. He earned second place in The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 2: International Edition and the runner up in 2014's ICS Tournament I (Elite Eight). Additionally, he has shown his eclectic variety of skills in web-site design, video production, creation of restaurant menus, detailed writing and much more. While a fiery and motivated competitor at times, his devotion and care for this community shines through with his contributions over the last few years.

- LittleGiants16 -
As the commissioner of the ICS since its creation in 2013, LittleGiants16 was a staple in the formation of The Alliance of Future Imagineers that now have brought new and exciting competitions to the forums, to the next level. As a frequent judge, LittleGiants16 always knew what to say, and when to say it all while providing constructive feedback for competitors. While he could be seen competing in Masters of the Parks and The Sole Imagineer, he has found that he is more of a behind-the-scenes type of guy, as almost all of what you see on today's forums would not be the same without this thoughtful and motivated Imagineer.

- Voxel -
Since joining the forums in 2013, Voxel has been considered a beloved member by many on the Imagineering forums for his enthusiasm, teamwork, and genuine support over the last few years. A "coder" by trade, Voxel was instrumental in web-site design and integrating more of a visceral approach to imagineering competitions, making it to the final four in Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 2, and ultimately an ICS Tournament I appearance. In addition, he also competed in Around the Resorts in 30 Days and Matt7187 and Zweiland's WEDCAR Race. Aside from competitions, Voxel has always been there for others to offer input on ideas and concepts and help make the forum a better place which can still be seen today...

- Zweiland -
Ever since since 2013, Zweiland has been an integral part of the TAFI community. From helping found the ICS and TAFI organizations that one can still see prevalent today, to winning The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 2: International Edition, and even hosting ICS Tournament I, Zweiland's mark has definitely been apparent over the last few years. In addition, other credits include hosting Matt7187 and Zweiland's WEDCAR Race and competing in both installments of The Sorcerer's Apprentice and The Sole Imagineer. With outstanding abilities in art, website creation, and teamwork, Zwei has and will continue to be a staple in the imagineering community.

- mharrington -
As one of, if not the longest full-time member of the Imagineering forums, you can find brainstorming and concept creation projects from mharrington dating almost a decade back in time. Each and every one of those projects has it's own distinct flare and creative notions. Imagineering competitions aren't everything on these boards, and while mharrington has shown his competitive strengths recently making it to the final eight in The Choice, his creative contributions in open-brainstorming threads and individual projects are unique and deserve much recognition.

- ctxak98 -
A long time member of the Imagineering forums, ctxak98 has been involved in a variety of competitions and events for several years. Always very kind and polite, ctxak98 has made a name for himself on the boards from his appearance on Masters of the Parks where he placed second. ctxak98 has been a consistent participant in competitions, most recently in The Creator Games, and The Choice. When not in a competition, ctxal98 is always there to lend a hand in ideas and his excitement is always felt across the boards.

- Matt7187 -
Matt7187 is one of the original Imagineering contest competitors, as seen from his appearance on Masters of the Parks. In addition, Matt7187 has been an active contributor on the Imagineering forum for a staggering three years. Among his accomplishments, Matt7187 earned 2nd place in the inaugural Sorcerer's Apprentice, he has hosted two ICS competitions in the past two years, became an ICS Tournament I finalist, and pioneered several Disney and Universal open-brainstorming threads. Matt has certainly earned his stripes on the forums, as his influence on the community's growth shines.​

Last edited:

TheOriginalTiki

It was a really tough choice for me and all of you are awesome and made amazing contributions over the year, but my votes have to go towards...

@englanddg -For being Batman...Nuff said ;)
@Zweiland for his continued dominance in the competition and being one of the more consistently active long time members.
@mharrington for being one of the stand out performers in "The Choice" so far and taking an active role in the often overlooked "open brainstorming" side of the forum.
@Matt7187 for being a host with innovative ideas and a competitor who has "Super Mario" levels of consistency :p

Good luck to all nominees. There's definitely not a bad choice in the bunch. I voted based on how much consistent activity each person had and how much of an impact they made on the boards as a whole over the course of the year.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Thank you so much for the nomination, I really do appreciate it. :)

Also, as a potential inductee, I will not vote for anybody.
Wait, so you didn't vote for me as a back slap high five sort of thing?

<ignored>

(nah, kidding...I thought about not voting, but I wasn't sure how this is going to run this year, so I voted anyhow)

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I can say this.

I think one of two people deserve it. Two are on that list. @Matt7187 and @Zweiland.

And I can tell you why.

1) Matt7187 has not only hosted his own successful competitions, he's been a daunting competitor. His designs (especially his layouts, jeezus he is good at those) are amazing, but he's also excellent at prose. He can sell you on any idea, even if you know it's pie in the sky, when he is focused and putting his mind into it. Likewise, he is a team player and accomplished organizer who has done not only single challenges, but group challenges. As a personality, he's universally respected and respectful (unlike my "reputation"), and is a true asset to the community and group of armchair imagineers as a whole. He wholly deserves this (and no offense Zwei..he's my first choice)

BUT

2) Zweiland - This is the man of mystery. A jack of all threads, but master of none, he has amazing artistic skills that have only improved over the years. Some of that I am sure is due to the winner last year (@MonorailRed) pushing him to a new level, but that was last year, pushing us all to a new level, eh? I will never forget working with him to push this site out at the last minute...

http://63.135.165.8/dcl/index.asp

And I won't exaggerate, I've worked with him before multiple times, but I was worried he wouldn't turn in his side...he did...as he ALWAYS does. Over and over again. He is reliable as a rock.

He's someone I would consider a friend in the forums, and someone that I, admittedly, knew before comps on these threads (not personally, but through the infamous "Bob Sageteers"), and yet he's not nearly as toxic a personality....rather, he gets along with everyone and is, hands down, the best project manager ever. I've done a lot of group projects in previous comps, and he seems to know how to walk the balance between production and brainstorming. It's truly amazing, when you think about his record. He has, if I added it up, one of the most winning records of all competitions, but that said, he's also quite humble about it.

I voted for both of them (and the other two I was allowed, and again not me), but ,that's my reasoning. No offense to others, it was a really tough choice...but...

Last edited:

Sam Magic

@englanddg - Great contributor to the forum, with a long history of being a helpful guy and leader in many scenarios.

@Voxel - Jack of all threads. Fantastic member and contributor...has made an impact.

@Matt7187 - A blast from the past, Matt has not only achieved a great deal during his time here, but has been a great friend and member.

@mharrington - A long time member with a colorful past. You've always been active and dedicated, no matter the challenge.

(judges; please count my votes for Voxel, Matt, and mharrington towards their final tally. I accidentally only voted for englanddg before getting to put in my other options.)

Matt7187

Wow, this is surprising! I honestly did not think that I was gonna be inducted into the Hall of Fame, so thank you to the 11 people who voted for me, I really appreciate it. Usually, Hall of Fame is for people who are retired and had excelled at what they did, but I'm far from retired. I still have a lot of things on my list that I want to accomplish here, a bucket list if you will. One item just got scratched off, and I still have a few more that I need to do. So thank you for thinking that I deserve this recognition, I really do appreciate it and I can't stress that enough. I would also like to congratulate @englanddg, @Zweiland, and @Voxel for being inducted as well, I couldn't imagine being in a better inductee class.

So there is my speech, haha. :p

spacemt354

Chili's
Wow, this is surprising! I honestly did not think that I was gonna be inducted into the Hall of Fame, so thank you to the 11 people who voted for me, I really appreciate it. Usually, Hall of Fame is for people who are retired and had excelled at what they did, but I'm far from retired. I still have a lot of things on my list that I want to accomplish here, a bucket list if you will. One item just got scratched off, and I still have a few more that I need to do. So thank you for thinking that I deserve this recognition, I really do appreciate it and I can't stress that enough. I would also like to congratulate @englanddg, @Zweiland, and @Voxel for being inducted as well, I couldn't imagine being in a better inductee class.

So there is my speech, haha. :p
You earned it! Even when we were talking about it in Town Hall, you were one of, if not the, first person I thought of that deserved a nomination.

Congrats!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom