Tables in Wonderland question

ratherbeinwdw

If you do get TIW we found that the quick serve when we stayed at POP in Feb told us they didn't take it which I knew wasn't true so a stop by the front desk at the end of the trip had the amount credited back to us. Turns out they did take it after all. Just be aware of places like your resort if they're suppose to accept it. Otherwise we've liked having it. It's taken in more places than our AP discount and we don't eat to fit into the regular dining plans that disney offers, we enjoy an adult beverage, and we go multiple times a year so we earn back the cost of the card pretty quickly.
They take it at AoA also, but mine wouldn't work. They would have to get a manager to override it every time. So, I went to guest services in Epcot, and was to!d they don't take TiW at AoA. I explained that they do and had for my last two visits. The cm told me blountly, that I was wrong. I asked for a manager. The manager came out and told me the same thing and was very agitated that I dared to question the cm. The cm finally pulled up the website to show me I was wrong, and low and behold, I was right. The cm, finally, did what I asked, in the first place, and checked my card. It was defective, so she gave me a new one. It has worked fine.
If I had not stood my ground, I would not have gotten a new card. I wonder how many people simply accept what a cm tells them and loses benefits. Especially, when a manager backs them up.
This wasn't the only time I had bad info from the cm at Epcot. The other time, I ended up going to AK's customer service to get the situation corrected. The cm there was knowledgeable. She knew the problem immediately. It was a problem many were having with a day being taken from their regular ticket instead of from their party ticket. It was my friend's tickets. They had her daughter in tears at Epcot. She thought she wouldn't be able to use her last day. The AK cm was so kind and even gave us extra fastpasses. I did report the Epcot incident and received an apology call.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

TiW has had hard plastic cards for years. I always renewed by mail and got a plastic card. The one time I did not was when I renewed at Guest Services in a park and got the paper card.
And this is indeed the KEY to getting a Plastic TIW card. Sandy and I ALSO get TIW - every 18 months.....

Huh? Given that we visit 2x per year, how does that work?

TIW will HELP you with that critical timing. We visit every April, and November. Let's use this as a starting point. YOUR dates may differ.
Buy a TIW Card about March 3.... NOT before. It will be valid for April, November, and APRIL (following trip). The trick: BUY at the beginning of a month, assuming you will re-visit 1 year later during the following month.

This gets very complicated..... which is why, beyond getting a PLASTIC card that the CM's love? You should CALL TIW, if you qualify for the card. Those wonderful folks will HELP you plan out the BEST timing for maximum use of TIW.

With their help - Sandy and I are now dealing with a $50 per trip TIW cost. And it's all timing.

danyoung56

From what I've read, you need to have an ACTIVE AP if you're buying TiW as an AP. So currently I just have the confirmation, not the actual AP. As such I can only get the TiW card at Guest Services. Right?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom