T-Rex or Rainforest?

MarkandAmy

Original Poster
I'm driving through Orlando next month and, although I won't have enough time to stop in to one of the parks :)cry:), I am planning to stop in Downtown for a couple of hours to get my Disney fix.

My question is: Which restaurant would you recommend for a late lunch/early dinner with the DW, DS(12), and DD(10) - T-Rex or Rainforest Cafe? We've never eaten at either place. Which theme/menu do you think is best for kids? I know Rainforest is undergoing refurb now, but I've heard they're still open.

Thanks!

real mad hatter

Toss a Coin.

Well both are owned by the same franchise and both have great themes,Jungle or Jurassic,like the food at both so your in a good position.Check out their menus and make a family decision,or in other words,let the kids pick.:wave:

plaz10

Eaten at both - extremely similar food.

I prefer T REX because it has different rooms not just rainforest themed (though it does have a rainforest type room) and I think the "big" dessert (The chocolate extinction) is much better than Rainforest Cafe's (Volcano). I'd go there for the dessert alone - it was awesome!

DizMagic

Rainforest cafe is pretty old and the animatronics are very dated.

The atmosphere and technology in TRex is much nicer and the restaurant is alot newer.

Both have similar mediocre to good food.

DizneyPryncess

I know I'm in the minority, but I prefer Rainforest Cafe - and I love the food! I get the Chicken Salad & DH gets the Brave New World pizza every time. T-Rex is fun, but I just like the RC menu better, and the animals vs dinosaurs. DH prefers T-Rex so we visit both pretty frequently when in WDW. I will agree with going to Earl of Sandwich as an option too. LOVE it there!

Phonedave

I find Rainforest's food to be just plan useless.

I was expecting the same from T-Rex, and I was plesantly suprised. It is by no stretch fine dining, but it is head and shoulders above Rainforest.

-dave

AswaySuller

Ooh toughy, I have such found memories of rainforest from when I was a child but IMO it now needs some TLC...

If I only had to pick one I think it'd be T-Rex now.... Just because I still walk in there and think WOW.

baymenxpac

what the majority said: depends on whether your kids enjoy dinosaurs or not. i've always enjoyed the rainforest, but neither is reinventing the wheel.

disneygirl1

Both are very comparable in my eyes, but if I had to chose go with T-Rex! My DS is 10 and I asked him which he prefers and he says T-Rex too!

bmarkelon

Another TRex vote here. Though we've never visited a RainForest Cafe on a Disney trip, only here in CT, we were much more impressed with TRex when we tried it last trip. We've booked it again for our next in August. Both for it's food and atmosphere. Have a great trip!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom