Sweetpee_1993 is taking her first trip to Walt's park

flynnibus

Premium Member
@@sweetpee_1993 all this talk about 'too hot' from a girl that lives in Louisiana and Texas? Did you all go soft on all these cruises?? ;)

Get out there! and under no circumstances come back and say you did not see Fantasmic

Maryssa*

Aww I'm sad I haven't been reading this, I would have loved to meet people form the board even though I'm stupidly shy :x I'm always so tickled when WDW fans end up loving DLR!

Disneyfalcon

I actually talked with Mom and Ashley and they want to go again in the spring. Probably in late February or this same week next year, we haven't decided which one yet! :)
A DL trip would be awesome. I miss living so close
I'm in. And it would be around this time - planning my trip to Japan next year around my DD's spring break and she's off now. Will be hitting California on the way home.

And @sweetpee_1993 are those the kick-a$$ boots you're planning on wearing to Palo? Nice!;)

Woo hoo!! Let's do it!! :)

sweetpee_1993

@@sweetpee_1993 all this talk about 'too hot' from a girl that lives in Louisiana and Texas? Did you all go soft on all these cruises?? ;)

Get out there! and under no circumstances come back and say you did not see Fantasmic
LOL! Being a smart Southern girl, when its mega hot I know to stay inside. In the summer we carefully time everything so we don't die from the heat. Gosh and the dry out here! My voice has been a raspy version all week! Its sooooo weird!

sweetpee_1993

So, no fireworks or F! for us tonight. The mass of humanity was just too much for us. We decided we were done and got the heck out of the insanity. O.M.G. The lines to get into BOTH parks at 8:00!!! I promise you'd have easily been 20 minutes just to get in either one. That's when we knew it was definitely time to run for the hills. And holy smokes at the hoards of people as we tried to get back thru DtD!!! Yikes! Soooooo, finishing the evening back at our perch at Tangaroa Terrace. We'll finish packing and get ready to go home tomorrow.

I'm so ready to see my little furry girl tomorrow!

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
So, no fireworks or F! for us tonight. The mass of humanity was just too much for us. We decided we were done and got the heck out of the insanity. O.M.G. The lines to get into BOTH parks at 8:00!!! I promise you'd have easily been 20 minutes just to get in either one. That's when we knew it was definitely time to run for the hills. And holy smokes at the hoards of people as we tried to get back thru DtD!!! Yikes! Soooooo, finishing the evening back at our perch at Tangaroa Terrace. We'll finish packing and get ready to go home tomorrow.

I'm so ready to see my little furry girl tomorrow!

Must be all the APs.

Wishing you a safe trip back home tomorrow!

sweetpee_1993

Tangaroa Terrace was all sold out of our favoritest coconut cake. Sad face. We were leaving for the evening and all the CMs were making a fuss. The sous chef came out to say goodbye and I mentioned our sadness at no last slices of coconut cake. He told us to wait a minute and he came back with a box to go. We asked how much we owed and he said, "I'm sure you've spent plenty this week." Wow! The sweet older lady CM hugged us all goodbye. Okay, I don't want to leave. :(

Watched the fireworks from our room with soundtrack on tv. We could see Tink & Dumbo, too!

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Tangaroa Terrace was all sold out of our favoritest coconut cake. Sad face. We were leaving for the evening and all the CMs were making a fuss. The sous chef came out to say goodbye and I mentioned our sadness at no last slices of coconut cake. He told us to wait a minute and he came back with a box to go. We asked how much we owed and he said, "I'm sure you've spent plenty this week." Wow! The sweet older lady CM hugged us all goodbye. Okay, I don't want to leave. :(

Watched the fireworks from our room with soundtrack on tv. We could see Tink & Dumbo, too!

How nice of her! And that's great to hear you were able to watch the fireworks from your room.

All vacations must come to an end, but the good thing is you can always come back, if you want to.

Nicole220

What a magical end to your trip :)

sweetpee_1993

Back at John Wayne Airport waiting for our return flight. Woke at 4:45 and couldn't get back to sleep. I did good. Only cried once. Got so teary-eyed when I turned off the headboard lights for the last time. It's been an adventure, that's for sure. Sooooo glad we came. I know everyone says 5 days is plenty but for us even 6 days was too few. We could've used another 3-4 days easily. Not sure when we'll get back out west but I'm sure it will happen.

So I'm sure the big question in the end is which coast/Disney do we like better. They both have their pros & cons. Its hard for me to be totally objective since I've not done WDW for a few years. I think Tracey & I both agree if we were doing parks we'd choose Land over World. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom