Swan/Dolphin or Disney Resort?

jduran

So I'm planning my third trip this year to Disney. Went the first week of February when the parks were eerily dead but lines were virtually non-existent. Then went first week of April and enjoyed it much more because things were livelier but lines were still more than manageable.

Both those instances I stayed at moderate resorts (POR and CSR). Fell in love with CSR but I still hate how far removed the moderate resorts feel from the parks. I'm going back either the last week of September or the first week of October for Food & Wine and I'm considering staying at the Swan/Dolphin because its in the Epcot resort area. The hotel looks like a deluxe (I've never been inside it so I'm not sure) but the price is that of a moderate.

But my question is, I know sometimes offers Free Dining specials and that would sway me to go back to a Disney resort especially because of F&W. Does anyone know from past year's if this is a time of year Free Dining is offered? I'm willing to wait it out and see. (I've planned a Disney vacation with less than 30 days away so I'm not afraid of holding out for a deal.)

Or should I not even consider the free dining and just book at the Swan/Dolphin? Any insight would help.

Bri1121

We have stayed at the Dolphin on two separate occasions. We really like it, the prices can not be beat for the type of hotel you get. And the location is great. You can walk to epcot but the boats are right there to take you there or to Hollywood Studios. It is definitely more on the lines of a deluxe hotel. It is no Polynesian and has no real theme but you definitely feel that you are at an upscale hotel. We always had great stays. Downside- no magical express or dinning.

You can book the Dolphin or Swan( the dolphin is always a little cheaper dont know exactly why) and I am pretty sure they have a good cancellation policy?

Or wait it out. The last trip we took I booked 3 weeks before we left!

I doubt you will be disappointed at the Dolphin! There price is hard to beat!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom