Suspicious Soundtrack - Is It Real?

ChesterKiwi

Original Poster
I recently came across someone selling a Song of the South soundtrack CD. It sounds really fishy to me because I didn't think it was released outside of vinyl. It's listed as an import CD, and there are pictures included. On the CD itself it says "33 1/2 RPM", which really raises a red flag.

Is this real? Is it simply a rip of the original record pressed to a CD? If so, why would this person go through the trouble of making a booklet and putting art on the CD?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Pictures as well:
TlvJKfr.jpg

7pGrRZJ.jpg

My gut says it's not an actually-released CD.

Pardon my ignorance if this is in the wrong section.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I recently came across someone selling a Song of the South soundtrack CD. It sounds really fishy to me because I didn't think it was released outside of vinyl. It's listed as an import CD, and there are pictures included. On the CD itself it says "33 1/2 RPM", which really raises a red flag.

Is this real? Is it simply a rip of the original record pressed to a CD? If so, why would this person go through the trouble of making a booklet and putting art on the CD?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Pictures as well:
TlvJKfr.jpg

7pGrRZJ.jpg

My gut says it's not an actually-released CD.

Pardon my ignorance if this is in the wrong section.
My guess is that this was done overseas somewhere where they do not understand English....they just copy and pasted the vinyl information to the CD,

unkadug

How much do they want? It might be worthwhile to get it, if it's cheap enough, just to have it for novelty's sake.

ChesterKiwi

Original Poster
My guess is that this was done overseas somewhere where they do not understand English....they just copy and pasted the vinyl information to the CD,
Makes sense. It dawned on me that it's WDL-4001, not 4061. Hit Discogs and bam, the original 1956 vinyl came up. So what you said probably.

They're selling for 30, which I still think would be (sort of) sensible since I don't have a record player. Still have my doubts about buying it though.

unkadug

Makes sense. It dawned on me that it's WDL-4001, not 4061. Hit Discogs and bam, the original 1956 vinyl came up. So what you said probably.

They're selling for 30, which I still think would be (sort of) sensible since I don't have a record player. Still have my doubts about buying it though.
I wouldn't pay that much either. 10 bucks maybe!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom