Survivor: Worlds Apart

PUSH

I'm continuing to like Jenn, Joe and Hali from the No Collars. I think they're all players. Nina was an emotional trainwreck. I think she was having a hard time out there, and she tried to hide that behind her hearing problem.

For White Collar, I don't necessarily dislike any of them, but I think Shirin is crazy. Max didn't get much camera time, and Tyler is still emerging as my favorite out of all of the players this season.

For Blue Collar, I still think Dan is an idiot. He takes things too far and over-the-top. His social gameplay is a nightmare. Rodney came across as immature this episode, but I also think Mike is asking too much. He comes from a background where you do things and don't get recognition (a simple thank you) for doing so, but that's not how the others are raised. He needs to adjust to the others, or he'll find himself out sooner than later. Lindsey has a temper, but she isn't bugging me for some reason.

So my favorites are: Tyler, Jenn, Max, Joe, Hali in that order
Least favorites: Dan, Mike, Rodney in no particular order

As for gameplay, the No Collars are struggling with leadership as expected. The people calling the shots aren't calling the right shots. For example, Joe telling Nina to go ahead. However, maybe with the emotional baggage gone, they'll get a spark. I was confused by the way the votes went. Doesn't make sense, but maybe it got lost in the editing.

Another note: I think Carolyn is a bit too comfortable with that idol. If I were her, I'd be out looking with the others, just so no suspicion is raised. Joaquin is smarter than he puts on, and I would be worried about him finding out. I'd say the same thing about Tyler if he didn't already know.

seahawk7

Do not like:
Jenn - No Collar
Lindsey - Blue Collar
Joaquin - White Collar

I mean, really, really do not like.

Runner up - Rodney - Blue Collar

Still shaking my head over tonight's episode. No spoilers ... but what the heck were they thinking?
You mirror my thoughts! I just watched the last episode and I thought the same about the same people and felt like it was a boring episode, nothing unexpected.

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
It does seem a little early. Are they going to skip a week for some special?
Yeah, that could be possible. But maybe they are just taking the San Juan Del Ur method of doing it...have a second episode right after a first really boring and predictable episode to keep guests entertained. Not to mention, as rob c brought up in his podcast, Jeff probst really hyped up this season, so two rather predictable episodes in a row might start to disappoint viewers.

seahawk7

I disagree with you about getting to know everybody. I find it easier to get to know everyone because they are grouped more, but with crowded two tribes some people get lost behind some of the bigger characters. There's less room to hide in six person tribes.

Not to mention, not having a reward challenge here in the early going helps to have more camp time.
Yea I didn't realize that they gave more camera time and one less challenge. My kids had to point that out to me. Maybe that is why I'm having a hard time getting into this season. I find that I'm liking the majority of the white collar tribe minus the monkey watching girl and Joaquin. I really like Max and Tyler.
I'm having a hard time liking anyone on the blue collar tribe which surprised me. I only like the female state trooper.
On the no collar I only like Joe and even then I'm still on the fence about him.

PUSH

Some minor spoilers from the previews, skip this post if you don't care to know.

Tribe swap coming up! We will go from three tribes to two. I really hope Max, Tyler and Carolyn are on the same tribe. I just know the people I like are going to go from power positions to the ones just trying to make the merge. Don't know why, I just have that feeling.

NYwdwfan

And every time I look at Mike and hear him, I see the actor Michael Madsen who was in Donnie Brasco and other Mob movies.
MV5BMTI4ODA5NzY2N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNjc3NTI1._V1_SY317_CR6,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

THANK YOU!! This has been driving me crazy. He reminded me of someone but I couldn't figure out who.

NYwdwfan

I finally watched last week's episode.

The no collar team is starting to annoy me. Why on earth do they have to keep repeating "we're no collar" and things along those lines. Just be. Just play. Just live. Don't remind people of your mantra incessantly. Maybe it was the edit. Jenn's whole "we're SOOOO no collar that we surf" thing set this rant off.

I would LOVE to see the tribes switch up to have Rodney with some of the no collars. We may actually see someone's head explode on Survivor.

Scenes from next week (tonight's) show someone bleeding and needing medical. Hope it's not too gruesome.

2 hours tonight!

Last edited:

PUSH

I'll start with the first hour...

I was happy to see Blue Collar lose for the first time. Again, Dan is a huge idiot. Still not caring for Mike too much, and Rodney really has fallen off in the past couple episodes. I would have much rather have him go than Lindsey. She is an abrasive person, but 90% of what she says is spot on, whereas Rodney just needs to shut up and stop being such a jerk.

Now for the second hour...

Didn't seem like anyone really liked their new tribes at first, but I think that changed quickly for some. As for the blue tribe, I'm hoping Tyler and Joe don't get screwed over, especially because of what the previews for next week have said. Sierra might not have a choice but to go with her old tribe. And for the red tribe, Max and Shirin were both really starting to annoy me. I would have rather had Shirin go, but I didn't end up minding that Max went. Thought he'd be one of my favorites, but he was just too big of a fan for this game. He looked ticked off when he was voted off.

I'm really starting to like Carolyn a lot more than I thought I would, and I love Jenn. Kelly got a lot more camera time tonight, and I feel like I got to know her a bit more. From what I've seen so far, I like her. Overall my favorites are Tyler, Jenn, Joe and Carolyn. If they could somehow end up in the final four together, I'd love it.

I think Joaquin has potential to be a great player, but if he does in fact align with Rodney I think it could be his downfall. Rodney runs his mouth too much, despite his "3 Cs". On the other hand, he could bring in Rodney and create and alliance of Rodney, Joaquin, Tyler and Joe. That could be a dangerous alliance, and the dynamics of the inevitable end of the alliance would be fascinating to watch. Overall I hope the alliance on that tribe ends as Tyler, Joe, Joaquin and Sierra.

I'm continuing to really enjoy this season and the dynamics all the players bring to the game.

SAV

I'm too tired to type up a big post now, but after watching it, Shirin and her facial expressions totally remind me of the SNL Character Debbie Downer played by Rachel Dratch.

I don't know what it is with this cast and them reminding me of other celebs.

NYwdwfan

I'm too tired to type up a big post now, but after watching it, Shirin and her facial expressions totally remind me of the SNL Character Debbie Downer played by Rachel Dratch.

I don't know what it is with this cast and them reminding me of other celebs.

Again - you nailed it. Tyler reminds me of condone and it's driving me nuts. If you can figure that one out, I'd greatly appreciate it!! ;)

NYwdwfan

OK - my tolerance for nasty things was really tested tonight. The snake skinning, Kelly's head gash (I'm such a baby - this made ME lightheaded - how she continued is beyond me. I would have had that blindfold off so fast - she's pretty bad@$$.), Max's foot wart (insert puking emoticon here) - tonight was a rough one. Shirin is obnoxious. In her confessional when she wrote Will she said something like "there needs to be more room in the bed" or "you take up too much room in the bed". That was uncalled for and just rude. And her opening remarks at tribal were bizarre (line of the night goes to Jeff about the Botox not working!!) I hope she's gone next. There's a pretty good chance of it unless the next challenge is based on balance. The other team is STACKED. If you made a list of the strongest players left and put the dividing line after the first 7 people you'd have these tribes. Unreal. Fun to watch though!!

I just woke up so that's all I have for now.

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
I see no situation really where Shirin isn't gone next, but I have the probably unpopular opinion of actually liking her. I was pretty liking Max the whole way through, but boy did he get STUNG by his edit. And Shirin's character just makes me want to love her, she tries to be friends with people, but also wants to strategize, and then the blindside made me feel bad for her in a way.

PUSH

I see no situation really where Shirin isn't gone next, but I have the probably unpopular opinion of actually liking her. I was pretty liking Max the whole way through, but boy did he get STUNG by his edit. And Shirin's character just makes me want to love her, she tries to be friends with people, but also wants to strategize, and then the blindside made me feel bad for her in a way.
There are only two ways I could see Shirin not going next, and they are two big ifs. First, they win immunity, obviously. Second, A few of them break away from the alliance of 5 and try to out one of the more threatening players. But even then I don't see it happening because of how annoyed everyone is by her.

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
There are only two ways I could see Shirin not going next, and they are two big ifs. First, they win immunity, obviously. Second, A few of them break away from the alliance of 5 and try to out one of the more threatening players. But even then I don't see it happening because of how annoyed everyone is by her.
Yeah, those went through my mind too, but those are quite long shots and I don't really see them happening, especially the second.

GenerationX

Shirin thought she was in charge, but no question, Jenn is calling the shots at that camp. She gets a lot of the "narrator" type confessionals, and she picks who goes. Nice work finding the idol when she had a perfectly legitimate excuse for not being at camp, too. She is not to be underestimated.

Dan ("worst apology ever") thinks he knows how to talk to women. *snerk*

After 15 years of this show you would think people would know to kill the rooster first. The hens will lay eggs without the rooster. Keep hens, kill rooster. There's three of one and one of the other, so you can figure out which one looks different and eat that one first.

The new tribe with mostly all guys will win any strength or endurance challenge, but not any balance or mental challenge. They are also prime candidates for throwing a challenge to break up an alliance. It's a dumb move, sure, but I could see them doing it.

PUSH

Shirin thought she was in charge, but no question, Jenn is calling the shots at that camp. She gets a lot of the "narrator" type confessionals, and she picks who goes. Nice work finding the idol when she had a perfectly legitimate excuse for not being at camp, too. She is not to be underestimated.

After 15 years of this show you would think people would know to kill the rooster first. The hens will lay eggs without the rooster. Keep hens, kill rooster. There's three of one and one of the other, so you can figure out which one looks different and eat that one first.

The new tribe with mostly all guys will win any strength or endurance challenge, but not any balance or mental challenge. They are also prime candidates for throwing a challenge to break up an alliance. It's a dumb move, sure, but I could see them doing it.
I could see Jenn getting to the end, but I can also see her getting booted out quickly after the merge depending on alliances. She is clearly a threat, and it will be hard to hide that from some of the others from the other tribe (Tyler, Carolyn, Joaquin).

NYwdwfan

I did not know hens can lay eggs without the rooster!

seahawk7

I'll start with the first hour...

I was happy to see Blue Collar lose for the first time. Again, Dan is a huge idiot. Still not caring for Mike too much, and Rodney really has fallen off in the past couple episodes. I would have much rather have him go than Lindsey. She is an abrasive person, but 90% of what she says is spot on, whereas Rodney just needs to shut up and stop being such a jerk.

Now for the second hour...

Didn't seem like anyone really liked their new tribes at first, but I think that changed quickly for some. As for the blue tribe, I'm hoping Tyler and Joe don't get screwed over, especially because of what the previews for next week have said. Sierra might not have a choice but to go with her old tribe. And for the red tribe, Max and Shirin were both really starting to annoy me. I would have rather had Shirin go, but I didn't end up minding that Max went. Thought he'd be one of my favorites, but he was just too big of a fan for this game. He looked ticked off when he was voted off.

I'm really starting to like Carolyn a lot more than I thought I would, and I love Jenn. Kelly got a lot more camera time tonight, and I feel like I got to know her a bit more. From what I've seen so far, I like her. Overall my favorites are Tyler, Jenn, Joe and Carolyn. If they could somehow end up in the final four together, I'd love it.

I think Joaquin has potential to be a great player, but if he does in fact align with Rodney I think it could be his downfall. Rodney runs his mouth too much, despite his "3 Cs". On the other hand, he could bring in Rodney and create and alliance of Rodney, Joaquin, Tyler and Joe. That could be a dangerous alliance, and the dynamics of the inevitable end of the alliance would be fascinating to watch. Overall I hope the alliance on that tribe ends as Tyler, Joe, Joaquin and Sierra.

I'm continuing to really enjoy this season and the dynamics all the players bring to the game.
Yeah I think you are spot on here. I was going to post my thoughts but they are similar to yours. So I will ask you guys this question: is Shirin trying to play like Richard Hatch by going naked and trying to throw people off their game with her off the wall remarks? If she is, she isn't doing a good job of it but it was just something I thought might be her approach.

PUSH

Yeah I think you are spot on here. I was going to post my thoughts but they are similar to yours. So I will ask you guys this question: is Shirin trying to play like Richard Hatch by going naked and trying to throw people off their game with her off the wall remarks? If she is, she isn't doing a good job of it but it was just something I thought might be her approach.
I think she was just following Max who said he wanted to pay tribute to past Survivors (Richard).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom