Surveying being done outside WDW Speedway 3/3/15.

roj2323

YESSSS ......oh wait, wrong speedway.

I'm looking forward to both speedways being bulldozed but I guess the adult version will have to suffice for now. I'm really curious to see what they do with the property especially with interchange improvements and additional parking.

FettFan

Given Disney's recent building trends, I predict that a new DVC-only Frozen-themed resort hotel will be taking its place.

EDIT -- And if they REALLY wanted to get creative, they'd shift the Epcot monorail track over to include a station at this Frozen resort.

wdwfan4ver

I wasn't confused by the title since I actually watched the first race at Walt Disney World Speedway on Television back in 1996 when the Indy Racing League had its first ever race.

wdwfan4ver

Thanks for the information. I was wondering when there would be surveying outside of the speedway since it will be closing after June with the Richard Petty Driving Experience leaving.

Last edited:

GetAPaperBag

Given Disney's recent building trends, I predict that a new DVC-only Frozen-themed resort hotel will be taking its place.

EDIT -- And if they REALLY wanted to get creative, they'd shift the Epcot monorail track over to include a station at this Frozen resort.

There really isn't THAT much Frozen stuff and what there is, is simply giving people what they want. What's wrong with that?

Otterhead

There really isn't THAT much Frozen stuff and what there is, is simply giving people what they want. What's wrong with that?
Given that Lion King had, what, three sequels, two TV shows, a Broadway musical, a parade, several park attractions, a spin-off album, and some would argue, its own theme park (Animal Kingdom), and Frozen's made more money than Lion King, I'm kind of surprised we haven't seen more.

CaptainAmerica

Witty. Except, you know, Disney hasn't actually built ANYTHING Frozen related (one thing in progress), nor do they have a single DVC-only resort. And their last resort opened three years ago and had nothing to do with DVC.

But yeah, other than that... totally.

CaptainAmerica

How about Old Key West and Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa on the park and two off park (Vero Beach and Hilton Head)
I've stayed Old Key West and Hilton Head multiple times and paid cash every one of them. I wouldn't consider something to be DVC-only unless it's restricted to DVC members in some way.

Further, the person I responded to was mocking "recent building trends," and three of those resorts are 20 years old or thereabouts and the "new" is over 10 years old.

ULPO46

I don't think Disney would build a resort where the track is. Probably feel the most logical idea is to build much needed parking. How ever because the TTC entrance gets congested during peak hours i highly doubt a resort right in the middle of the parking lot would be logical.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom