Surprise! Red Tier Now Begins Sunday; Downtown Disney Restaurants???

TP2000

Original Poster
Once again incorrect, the CDC has actual proven Science and Data to dispute your claim its a majority isolated to the kitchen.

However just answering your direct question. Exposure limited to a small subset of the restaurant, a few dozen people at most, compared to the potential thousands via opening up the restaurant for full dining. Yes I'd rather have just the kitchen of a restaurant open for takeout/delievry with full constant testing rather than the whole dining area.

The CDC didn't prove anything about outdoor dining. I'm not sure where you got that from. If the CDC had proved any of that, it would have been used by the county legal teams in their court cases they lost.

Los Angeles County, the nation's most populous at 10 Million and one of the wealthiest communities on earth with a GDP the size of Switzerland, presented what evidence they had on the data collected from Covid transmission in restaurants. And they failed.

The same basic scenario played out a few weeks later for San Diego County, and they also lost their court case with a different judge and different legal teams. They had no scientific evidence to prove restaurant dining spreads Covid more than other industries.

There is almost a full year's worth of data now collected on Covid. Here are three large, wealthy, diverse Sunbelt states who had very different approaches to locking down and opening up. Texas and Florida have allowed indoor dining for many months, California has not allowed indoor dining in many months and even blocked outdoor dining over the past few months. They are shockingly close to one another on the cases per 1 Million metric.

As of Tuesday, February 9th...

Confirmed Cases Per 1 Million State Residents:
1. North Dakota = 128,879 Cases Per 1 Million
24. Texas = 87,386 Cases Per 1 Million
25. California = 86,874 Cases Per 1 Million
28. Florida = 83,728 Cases Per 1 Million
50. Hawaii = 18,776 Cases Per 1 Million

That's all there is to it. Just pure science and data, not opinion, just facts.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The CDC didn't prove anything about outdoor dining. I'm not sure where you got that from. If the CDC had proved any of that, it would have been used by the county legal teams in their court cases they lost.

Los Angeles County, the nation's most populous at 10 Million and one of the wealthiest communities on earth with a GDP the size of Switzerland, presented what evidence they had on the data collected from Covid transmission in restaurants. And they failed.

The same basic scenario played out a few weeks later for San Diego County, and they also lost their court case with a different judge and different legal teams. They had no scientific evidence to prove restaurant dining spreads Covid more than other industries.

There is almost a full year's worth of data now collected on Covid. Here are three large, wealthy, diverse Sunbelt states who had very different approaches to locking down and opening up. Texas and Florida have allowed indoor dining for many months, California has not allowed indoor dining in many months and even blocked outdoor dining over the past few months. They are shockingly close to one another on the cases per 1 Million metric.

As of Tuesday, February 9th...

Confirmed Cases Per 1 Million State Residents:
1. North Dakota = 128,879 Cases Per 1 Million
24. Texas = 87,386 Cases Per 1 Million
25. California = 86,874 Cases Per 1 Million
28. Florida = 83,728 Cases Per 1 Million
50. Hawaii = 18,776 Cases Per 1 Million

That's all there is to it. Just pure science and data, not opinion, just facts.
I'm not going to argue with you about it any more. Its right there in the CDC report you can accept it or not.

Also your insistence the court cases were ruled in favor of opening specifically on "no scientific evidence" is also not true. The court ruled specifically on the law regarding the state and counties ability to have an indefinite shutdown related to a health crisis, NOT on the science. More specifically that the county must also look at the economic impact of such orders in the future not just the health impact, again was not a ruling on "lack of scientific evidence" as you claim. In fact in the LA County case the judge specifically ordered that MORE study be done.

Travel Junkie

What's hilariously sad is that the Science & Data on the restaurant industry showed it had a very low rate of Covid transmission,

You ignore anything that doesn't fit with your pre conceived ideas. Just the other day I replied to one of your posts spouting the usual science and data nonsense with an LA Times article that clearly concluded that the stay at home order led to a large drop in cases and saving as many as 25,000 hospitalizations. One of the biggest contributors to the drop was credited to the prohibition of outdoor dining. You ignored it and the countless articles that have been posted in various threads over the last year that conflict with your proclamations. Well researched articles based on interpreting data and interviews with experts. Of course you had that phase of putting experts in quotations and openly questioned that people who have studied viruses their entire career may not know anything about viruses.

Everyone wants to get this behind us. There is plenty of room for discussion and debate. However your method of discussion has been one of ignoring any evidence that you don't want to hear. Your method of discourse is to proclaim anyone that doesn't feel exactly the way you do as an extremist who wants everything shut down forever. You openly mock others, brag about defying orders in place to save lives, and proclaim to be a science and data person while not knowing how to interpret any of the data you post.

You no doubt have fun getting on these forums and do what I can only describe as trolling. Twist data, try to anger others with bizarre conspiracy theories, and so on. While you may enjoy yourself, the problem is that the quickest way out of this nightmare is for everyone to working together towards a common goal. If you don't believe what you are saying and just trying to get a rise out of people, well congrats. If you do believe and are living the life you brag about by defying public health orders such as your "dinner parties", then you are only endangering the lives and the livelihoods of those you are proclaiming to be trying to help.

mickEblu

For the 84th time....

Cold is stuffy nose and stuffed up head, maybe a cough. I still had to go to school, with Kleenex stuffed in my pockets.

Flu is worse symptoms, with a fever and body aches. I got to stay home from school and watch Let's Make A Deal.

Science & Data!

It was the Price is Right for me. With an old but not too old Bob Barker. None of this Drew Carey rubbish.

D

Deleted member 107043

You ignore anything that doesn't fit with your pre conceived ideas. Just the other day I replied to one of your posts spouting the usual science and data nonsense with an LA Times article that clearly concluded that the stay at home order led to a large drop in cases and saving as many as 25,000 hospitalizations. One of the biggest contributors to the drop was credited to the prohibition of outdoor dining. You ignored it and the countless articles that have been posted in various threads over the last year that conflict with your proclamations. Well researched articles based on interpreting data and interviews with experts. Of course you had that phase of putting experts in quotations and openly questioned that people who have studied viruses their entire career may not know anything about viruses.

Everyone wants to get this behind us. There is plenty of room for discussion and debate. However your method of discussion has been one of ignoring any evidence that you don't want to hear. Your method of discourse is to proclaim anyone that doesn't feel exactly the way you do as an extremist who wants everything shut down forever. You openly mock others, brag about defying orders in place to save lives, and proclaim to be a science and data person while not knowing how to interpret any of the data you post.

You no doubt have fun getting on these forums and do what I can only describe as trolling. Twist data, try to anger others with bizarre conspiracy theories, and so on. While you may enjoy yourself, the problem is that the quickest way out of this nightmare is for everyone to working together towards a common goal. If you don't believe what you are saying and just trying to get a rise out of people, well congrats. If you do believe and are living the life you brag about by defying public health orders such as your "dinner parties", then you are only endangering the lives and the livelihoods of those you are proclaiming to be trying to help.

giphy.webp

PostScott

According to Brady MacDonald of the OC Register:

"From a merchandising standpoint, the strict storytelling rules in Galaxy’s Edge mean that the residents of Black Spire Outpost on the planet of Batuu are unaware of the sweeping Star Wars movie saga — because they’re living it. That also means a vast swath of Star Wars merchandise can’t be sold in the Star Wars lands.

The new Downtown Disney shop won’t have any such restrictions. The Star Wars Trading Post will serve as a one-stop shop inside a secret rebel base where all of the stories in the galaxy can be told — and sold."

Hmmm, seems they're learning from their mistakes and not locking themselves in a box. I mean, it's just a store but at least its now it's set in stone.

TP2000

Original Poster
You're also overlooking his distasteful classicism.

Are you talking about me? So far, I believe I'm the only one who has mentioned the inconvenient truth that the majority of Covid transmission in the restaurant industry is happening back in the kitchens. There are some executive chefs and celebrity-chef types that make very good money, but the majority of kitchen staff is low paid and decidedly blue collar.

That little truth nugget has been completely ignored by the Shut It Downers here, while they fret and worry about the Socially Distanced outdoor patio that is disinfected hourly.

I have a strong hunch that the inconvenient truth of the kitchen staff is being totally ignored here because many Shut It Downers regularly employ Doordash and Uber Eats for their nightly meals, or go through the theatrics of Socially Distanced pickup orders thinking they are Officially Good People.

But all the Shut It Downers have done is keep the most likely spread of restaurant industry Covid going full steam ahead while they Virtue Signal about how caring and good they are by doing Doordash and staying off the patio. Oops! :rolleyes:

TFIXB6SMTIOZ22AUTFC7AR67YQ.jpg

Last edited:

TP2000

Original Poster
He's not the only one, but I'll store that in my back pocket for the "We need to open DLR NOW! Because all CMs are highly skilled workers and DLR will suck losing them." argument they had a while back that I'm expecting to circle back any day now.

Wait, just six months ago I was being criticized for calling front line, hourly CM"s "entry-level employees", or had the gall to refer to a 17 year old Tomorrowland Terrace busboy as "unskilled labor".

Those well established phrases were not seen as being pandering enough to the entry-level CM's.

The hangups here seem to be all about vocabulary and phrasing. If you call someone or something exactly what they are; a blue collar worker, or an entry-level employee, or unskilled labor, that rubs people the wrong way in the 2020's when everyone is supposed to be very, very special and every single CM is the Star Of The Show!

If you can find one single instance where I looked down my nose at blue collar workers or entry-level employees, I'd love to see it. Other than simply daring to call them blue collar workers or entry-level employees, of course. ;)

So far in this Covid disaster, I'm one of the few people in this thread that kept bringing up the plight of blue-collar workers, small business owners, and entry-level employees who were being totally thrown under the bus by the arbitrary and baseless decisions to shut down entire industry's while other industries were allowed to remain open. Barber shops, nail salons, theme parks, restaurants, small storefront retail, hotels, convention centers, etc., etc.

TP2000

Original Poster
You ignore anything that doesn't fit with your pre conceived ideas.

So now that LA County and San Diego County couldn't provide in court any Science & Data to back up their claim that outdoor dining spreads Covid, you are cool with outdoor dining? Or are you still sticking with that preconceived idea that has no science or data behind it?

Everyone wants to get this behind us. There is plenty of room for discussion and debate. However your method of discussion has been one of ignoring any evidence that you don't want to hear.

Ignoring evidence I don't want to hear, or linking to news articles and official CDC data that disproves the claim that Florida sucks, the USA sucks, and only Virtue Signaling Californians can beat Covid?

I certainly have my opinion that I share, as we all do. But I also try to back up that opinion with facts and statistics provided by reputable media and official government sources; the CDC, State and County health authorities, foreign government records, etc.

Or are you one of the fashionable ones who wants to move to Canada because the United States is a terrible country? Make sure you get all your shots before you land in Vancouver.

February 11th, 2021
United States
... = 15 Shots Per 100 Citizens, 10.9% Of Population Given 1 Shot, 3.6% Of Population Given 2 Shots
Canada
.................= 3 Shots Per 100 Citizens, 1.8% Of Population Given 1 Shot, 0.6% Of Population Given 2 Shots

Your method of discourse is to proclaim anyone that doesn't feel exactly the way you do as an extremist who wants everything shut down forever. You openly mock others, brag about defying orders in place to save lives, and proclaim to be a science and data person while not knowing how to interpret any of the data you post.

I've said repeatedly for the last 8 months that the real story on Covid won't be fully known until 2021 or 2022. And that is really bearing out already this early in 2021, but again we'll need to wait another year or so to know the real story; what worked, what didn't, which politician was pulling stuff out of thin air arbitrarily, etc.

Until then, I will continue to live my life the way I see fit, and I suggest you do the same with your life. For me, that includes going to speakeasy barber shops, tipping my nail lady very generously, and ordering food to go without the Virtue Signaling that goes along with it. I'd much rather eat like a normal person in the dining room, but only a few restaurants in OC are willing to go that far. Most just kept their outdoor patios going in open defiance of Governor Newsom. And I support and will continue to support their right to do that.

Peaceful protesting and challenging authority are a good thing, don't you agree? :)

Last edited:

TP2000

Original Poster
Why do you want to see all the restaurants shut down?

I don't. I think the restaurants need to reopen their patios and their dining rooms. Spread the tables apart, sure. Make the hostess disinfect every table after every meal, and put a little green symbol on the table to prove it. Make the waitress wear a mask. Put up a beautiful sign about how much you care for the community and love your employees and want everyone to THRIVE! :rolleyes:

Do whatever you want to do, if you feel it's right for your business. And some of those things should probably stick around long after Covid, like the more effective disinfecting of tables and surfaces.

But keeping dining areas closed while the kitchen continues to pump out orders to go doesn't stop Covid. It only keeps the most effective way to spread Covid in the restaurant industry going full steam ahead, while the business overall suffers without a patio or dining room.

I imagine I hit a nerve with this because you probably have done Doordash or to-go orders in the last 10 months, haven't you?

Last edited:

el_super

But keeping dining areas closed while the kitchen continues to pump out orders to go doesn't stop Covid. It only keeps the most effective way to spread Covid in the restaurant industry going full steam ahead, while the business overall suffers without a patio or dining room.

Is there a way to keep a restaurant open for outdoor dining without the kitchen being open?

el_super

So what was the point of your argument if you are actually supportive of the thing you are painting as so dangerous? Was it just trolling?

I'd have to think it was, since you obviously realize that having customers and cooks in a restaurant is a cumulative increase in possible infections and not an either/or scenario.

Unless you want all restaurants to shut down, this is just another empty hallow argument from you that's nothing more than trolling.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom