Suits tasting at Food and Wine today...

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
Original Poster
A large group of the Mouse's business casual crowd were partaking of the festival's fare today. Sample food and some brews were chewed and reviewed. A few numbers were tossed about during the bunch of munching. Apparently, they've set a new single day record in one festival zone for total sales. The old record was $550,000 and change. The new record well over $600,000.

Unfortunately, I could not hover for the whole session and they quickly headed to the next private tasting area. I think for average attendance so far, that record equates to $15 per guest spending. Now there are many folks who ignore the food fair, so I think the new cup sizes and costs are working.

*1023*

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
A large group of the Mouse's business casual crowd were partaking of the festival's fare today. Sample food and some brews were chewed and reviewed. A few numbers were tossed about during the bunch of munching. Apparently, they've set a new single day record in one festival zone for total sales. The old record was $550,000 and change. The new record well over $600,000.

Unfortunately, I could not hover for the whole session and they quickly headed to the next private tasting area. I think for average attendance so far, that record equates to $15 per guest spending. Now there are many folks who ignore the food fair, so I think the new cup sizes and costs are working.

*1023*

Depressing, I remember when EPCOT was about the experience, not a mall where sales per sq ft are the only metric.

hopemax

I wonder how many people use "real" money. The people we tour with are either using snack credits, or Disney Dream Dollars (this is what we do). Doesn't sting as much that way.

Mad Stitch

I wonder how many people use "real" money. The people we tour with are either using snack credits, or Disney Dream Dollars (this is what we do). Doesn't sting as much that way.

Or with a wave of the magic band, it's easier to loose track of how much your spending until you see your total at the end of the trip.

Potus1976

We attend the Food and Wine Festival every year. This years festival is exceptional.
Just like all vacations wherever you go, you have to plan and budget. I've been to 15 EPCOT Food and Wine Festivals and they have all been great.

BrerJon

How many people in this thread have actually gone this year? The food offered this year is actually outstanding as is the beer selection.

But have you seen the prices? They've gone up substantially, while portion sizes are smaller, and drinks especially are much smaller than they were for what you pay.

wannabeBelle

I didn't get a chance to do much of the F & W but from what I understood from a few friends the mixed drinks were watered far down from the previous year. Marie

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom