Suggestions for birthday?

oblori

I'm going to be at WDW for my birthday at the end of August. This will be my kids' first trip (ages 10 & 9), and I can't decide what to do for my birthday. CRT? River of Lights? Have a Star Wars day at DHS? We're at WDW for a week and my birthday falls right in the middle of it. What would you do if you were at Disney for your 40th-ish birthday ;)

Sabriel

Ooh, I love birthdays at Disney! Usually we (whoever I'm going with) will let the birthday person choose the main activity for that day (so like park, water park, something else?) and build on that.

For example, my mom loves Epcot (especially food and shopping in the European countries) and Ohana. One year we started with breakfast at Ohana, then headed to Epcot, did whatever she wanted, had dinner at Via Napoli (started earlyish so we could eat at a leisurely pace but not miss the fireworks). And then had birthday cannolis while we watched Illuminations.

I'd start by thinking of what your favorite things to do at WDW are. If you can't narrow it down, then try something different or that you've never done before because you haven't had time or didn't want to splurge or what have you.

Upvote 0

oblori

Original Poster
Thanks for that! I haven't been to Disney in over 20 years, so it'll all be brand new to me! Maybe that will be our Epcot day and we'll hop around the world and I'll get to live out my dream of being an astronaut at Mission:SPACE :happy:

Upvote 0

belledream

Epcot would be a great place to spend your birthday! Since it's been a while, there's a lot of new experiences just waiting for you to try, and at the end of August, you may be able to catch the Epcot Food & Wine Festival. Celebrate by wandering the countries leisurely and tryin all sorts of food and drink?

Upvote 0

Heather71

To celebrate a birthday on our last trip, we did something we'd never done at Disney before... we slept in lol. Then we spent the next few hours lounging at our resort pool which I enjoyed far more than I thought I would. We're always so driven to go go go when there that this made the day really stand out for us. Then of course follow it up with a meal at your favorite restaurant, favorite rides, etc. At many restaurants, you can pre-arrange to have a birthday cake there for you. Another suggestion would be to splurge on one of the dessert parties that ties in with a night-time show. Have fun!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom