Sudden cruising...

drkokintz

Original Poster
My wife and I live in Merritt Island, literally 2 minutes from the Disney cruise line port. (We can hear the horn when it leaves.) I've heard rumors that you can get an excellent deal on Disney cruises if you just show up at the terminal without reservations. This obviously would only work if the ship wasn't fully booked. Has anyone had any experience with this, and if so, how'd it work out?

sweetpee_1993

I'm not sure how this would work. They check cruise docs just to let you in the terminal. So if you didn't have cruise docs from an existing booking I don't know how you'd even have access to walk up to the counter inside. It would suck to show up all packed & ready to go only to be turned away by security.

As a Florida resident you have access to some of the best discounts offered. Usually the special fares will release under 75 days from sailing so they're considered "last minute" to fill rooms. Disney does well with these. If you want to search for these fares go to the Disney cruise website and search using the FLR promo code.

Typically the day of sailing what Disney does is allow cruisers who are booked and checked-in at the port inquire about port upgrades. You can potentially move up in categories on the spot for prices that are often considerably less than if you'd upgraded previously. The discount upgrades only happen at the port the day of sailing. Not before as other cruise lines often do. Can't call. Not a day before or week before. Day of only.

Before we changed our residency to Texas my hubby & I booked the 2 of us on a 3-night Dream using the FLR discount for right around $1k. When we got to port we did an upgrade to a 1-bedroom suite for maybe $500 or something. I know all-told we were well under $2k to sail in a suite. My hubby thinks it was more like $1500. That's 1/2 or less than it would've been had we booked the suite from the get-go.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom