Stupid Question

car4911

We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside June14-21st. The first night we are there we are going to HOOP DEE Doo. Can anyone offer the best route to Fort Wilderness? Is there any tricks or tips?

THanks

KM:xmas:

RickEff

Kevin,

I did HOOP DEE Doo last trip. I was staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge.

If you have the time, go to Magic Kingdom and take the boat across. It's a nice trip and puts you right where you need to be. You can also take the bus from MGM and it'll drop you off right near there. I *think* the Downtown Disney bus also drops you off there. Other buses drop you off at the front and you'd have to take one of the internal Fort Wilderness buses to get there.

Afterwards, you'll be able to take a bus directly to your resort. You may not be the first stop, but you'll get there. The CMs will ask where you're going and direct you to the proper bus - so you won't have to transfer anywhere.

Enjoy the show!!

Upvote 0

kerry hyde

Its been a while since I last did the Hoop De Doo but if I remember rightly there is a special bus that they put on at evening that takes you to Fort Wilderness camp ground. It drops you at the main drop off point, you then have to get another bus that takes you to where the show is. The CMs at Riverside are really helpful though, they'll be able to tell you for certain. Enjoy the show it is fab!!!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

I would definitely ask when you check in at Riverside. However, I do recall my friend saying that when she took the bus over it drops you off very far from the Main Hall at the camp grounds and if some nice CM in a golf cart didn't come by and give her a lift it probably would have taken her about 20 mins to walk there. However, the boat from MK does drop you off right by the Main Hall.

Upvote 0

pinjim

Best routes

Make it a point to be either at Magic Kingdom or the Contempoary and take the boat to Ft. Wilderness, it worked well for us this spring.
Then after, we jumped on a bus at the bus stop right there to Downtown Disney and then to the Port Orleans from there.
Have fun!

Upvote 0

Aurora23

I have been three times, and going again in a coulpe of weeks - the best bet is to take the boat over from the Magic Kingdom. A VERY short walk from the dock and much better than taking a bus again for the ump-teenth time on your vacation! Have a great time!

Upvote 0
car4911 said:
We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside June14-21st. The first night we are there we are going to HOOP DEE Doo. Can anyone offer the best route to Fort Wilderness? Is there any tricks or tips?

THanks

Bus from PO to MK. Walk to Contemp and have a relaxing cocktail at the Outer Rim, then boat to Fort Wilderness. It is then a 2 minute stroll. Have a great evening.

Upvote 0

BeachClubVillas

Definitely take the bus to MK and then the boat to Ft Wilderness. It's a beautiful ride, and it you time it right, on the way back, you may be treated to a prime view of the fireworks and light parade on the lagoon!

Upvote 0

QWERTY

My husband and I stayed the exact same place last month and also had hoop dee doo tickets for our first night so it's still fresh in my mind. Guest services desk at POR told us to take a bus to the magic kingdom and then take the ferry boat over to fort wilderness. Then after the dinner show is over there will be buses to take you back to your resort.

Have a great time. :wave:

Upvote 0

Yanks07

car4911 said:

THanks

As already mentioned, get to Magic Kingdom and take the boat to Fort Wilderness. It is a nice ride, especially if you have kidz! What a great show!! Have an awesome time! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

wilary

Of course, if you're driving yourself....you'd make a right out of POR. Then, you'll make a left at the next light, following the signs to the Eagle/Osprey golf courses. Pass the golf courses and Fort Wilderness will be on your right. There's a parking lot right there and a bus will take you back to Pioneer Hall.

However, with the all-you-can-drink beer and sangria, you may not want to drive. In which case, do what everyone else said....

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom