Studios Construction

drkokintz

Original Poster
We just returned from DHS and there was a lot of loud construction and cranes behind the San Francisco facade near the entrance to the motor stunt show. Anyone know what they're doing back there?

Kman101

We just returned from DHS and there was a lot of loud construction and cranes behind the San Francisco facade near the entrance to the motor stunt show. Anyone know what they're doing back there?

Isn't that where the old Hunchback theater is located? Aren't they removing the roof, or even getting rid of the whole thing? :shrug:

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
They're tearing down the old theater. Whether it becomes something new or just a staging area has not been announced.

JCorduroy

Yes. And hopefully they are getting rid of it for a new dark ride attraction.

While completely unsubstantiated with no fact or rumor at all to back it up, I dream of an old style Nightmare Before Christmas dark ride. Something like Snow White or Peter Pan's Flight would do me just nicely, thank you very much. :)

jedimaster1227

They are tearing down the former Huchback Theater in preparation for a future attraction to take its place.

Isn't that where the old Hunchback theater is located? Aren't they removing the roof, or even getting rid of the whole thing? :shrug:

I am doubtful that any piece of the existing infrastructure will be used in the the future attraction's building. There isn't too much to salvage that would save Disney time or money when creating the next attraction to fill that space.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I am doubtful that any piece of the existing infrastructure will be used in the the future attraction's building. There isn't too much to salvage that would save Disney time or money when creating the next attraction to fill that space.
most of the time it is more cost efficient to tear down and start from scratch. building around somehting is more time consuming especially when/if you have to update building codes etc to a much older building (not impling that too much has changed code wise... im not really certain, but im sure some have)

hauntdmansion79

While completely unsubstantiated with no fact or rumor at all to back it up, I dream of an old style Nightmare Before Christmas dark ride. Something like Snow White or Peter Pan's Flight would do me just nicely, thank you very much. :)

That would be the straight up bomb-diggity!

Come onnn Great Muppet Movie Ride:sohappy:

Scratch the first one, correction....THIS WOULD BE THE STRAIGHT UP BOMB-DIGGITY!

...but why do I get the sinking feeling I'll be putting on special glasses to enjoy this attraction, or should I say show. :lookaroun

jedimaster1227

Has something already been earmarked for this location, or right now is it "home for future expansion"?

This other thread was saying that they are actually replacing the roof on the old theater to be used for events in the future, and thats also the way it looked to me on Sunday.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=264271

From what I have been told, there is a plan for that location other than a show. The use of the theater in the plans was not mentioned, but they did say the location would be used for another purpose (which I cannot talk about yet) within the next couple of years.

primetime52

From what I have been told, there is a plan for that location other than a show. The use of the theater in the plans was not mentioned, but they did say the location would be used for another purpose (which I cannot talk about yet) within the next couple of years.

So I'm guessing that means you have an idea what this other purpose might be, but just don't want to spill the info to the rest of us?

Even through your shadow of vagueness (is that a word?) I can gather that you seem quite optimistic about this new project.

wickedfan07

I thought I read that this spot was to become the new home of Festival disney, which is part of or similar to Magic Music Days. Once upon a time, someone said they were making the theater a permanent performance venue for that program. :shrug:

jedimaster1227

So I'm guessing that means you have an idea what this other purpose might be, but just don't want to spill the info to the rest of us?

Even through your shadow of vagueness (is that a word?) I can gather that you seem quite optimistic about this new project.

Its not that I don't want to, its just too early for me to be able to say anything. But yes, I am optimistic about the location's future, knowing the tentative plans for what they have in store--when I found it, it definitely caught me off guard, in a good way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom