Stuck on Splash Mountain

DisneyFan1216

Original Poster
Splash Mt closed down last night just before 9 and people were stuck in boats throughout the ride. Several boats were sitting at the conveyor belt by the big plunge. They were able to get the first two boats emptied, but not the last. I watched for a while but had to go. Did they get them out and how?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Splash Mt closed down last night just before 9 and people were stuck in boats throughout the ride. Several boats were sitting at the conveyor belt by the big plunge. They were able to get the first two boats emptied, but not the last. I watched for a while but had to go. Did they get them out and how?
I would love to have to be evacuated from Splash Mountain. I love to see that kind of stuff.

EOD K9

Nope, still there, stuck with the ride soundtrack playing over and over again. When CMs came around to offer them food or drink, the guests were advised they need to pay for them or use dining plan credits. When the guests asked if they could get a FP for compensation, they were told to go to GR if they ever get rescued.

Figments Friend

In the Parks
Yes
-
I was SO close to be able to experience this at the Original in DL last month.
So wish it had happened....

I was standing at the gate about to be loaded when everything went 101 and CMs were running like mad around the corner. My guess was either someone decided to jump out of a log, or it was a medical issue.

If i had gotten in line only five to ten minutes sooner, i would have been in there.
Dang it!

What was neat was once the ride went 101, you could hear the CM spiels over the mic a few times from outside and then the music was changed to broadcast throughout the entire attraction.
A alternative full-chorus version of *Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Da* was absolutely blasting through the entire mountain...and i heard all this from the sidewalk outside.

I thought the choice of music was great...nice happy tune to settle the nerves of those poor folks stuck in logs on the steep incline.

Oh...and yes, there was a log stuck right at the tippy top of the final lift..right before the big plunge.
I kept thinking - *gee, i sure hope there is not some little kid in there freaking out..!*

DisneyFan1216

Original Poster
There was a log stuck on the ledge last night too. It came over a few minutes later but the water cannons had already been turned off. I would hope they get some better compensation than just a FP+.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom