Streets of America Development Watch (no longer DEMO)

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Tuesday, January 31. A new construction wall (fabric) has replaced the wooden construction wall at the 3-way intersection of Tatooine Traders / Sci-Fi Dine-In / Muppet's Courtyard. Most of the trees and other vegetation has also been removed here. This was the area behind the Streets of America New York skyline.

IMG_9130.JPG

The view looking towards Sci-Fi Dine-In restaurant (on the right).

IMG_9132.JPG

The view from Muppet's Courtyard towards Tatooine Traders.

IMG_9133.JPG

The view from in front of Sci-Fi Dine-In looking over the fence towards Tatooine Traders and Muppet's Courtyard.

IMG_9134.JPG

Goofyernmost

If it makes anyone feel better, I will go out on a limb here*** and say that most of the mature trees are not "cut down" they are transplanted into other attraction areas or back to the tree farm until they are needed again. If they are damaged they will get cut down.
Tee Hee

mm121

Photo update as of Tuesday, January 31. A new construction wall (fabric) has replaced the wooden construction wall at the 3-way intersection of Tatooine Traders / Sci-Fi Dine-In / Muppet's Courtyard. Most of the trees and other vegetation has also been removed here. This was the area behind the Streets of America New York skyline.

View attachment 187209

View attachment 187210

View attachment 187211

The view from in front of Sci-Fi Dine-In looking over the fence towards Tatooine Traders and Muppet's Courtyard.

View attachment 187212
seems odd they'd just change a wall from wood to fabric for no reason

though it doesnt look bad, they've used the vinyl construction walls over at poly when its pool was under construction

they could have made it more interesting than just brown since anything can be printed

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
seems odd they'd just change a wall from wood to fabric for no reason

though it doesnt look bad, they've used the vinyl construction walls over at poly when its pool was under construction

they could have made it more interesting than just brown since anything can be printed

Maybe they wanted a fence that dirt and dust can't penetrate.

powderehss

Glad I got to visit SoA and the Honey, I Shrunk The Kids playground for one last time last year! :cry:
It looks so surreal seeing most of the skyscrapers torn down...

I think the HISTK playground is the one that hits closest to home for me, though.
Whenever we vacacationed at WDW when I was little, mum and dad always let me and my sis run around in it like little hooligans and scare ourselves silly walking through those narrow tunnels in the grass roots and slide down the giant Kodak film slide...

[on the same kind of topic]
At least there's still the playground for An American Tail, Camp Jurassic and the If I Ran The Zoo water playground at Universal...
Though I have a bad feeling that Uni might be getting rid of the Fievel/American Tail playground sometime soon in the near future to make way for "bigger and better" things for the kiddies of this age... Like what they did with the Jimmy Neutron ride and (I think?) the Shrek ride. :(

I hope I can get to visit US again before they change the American Tail playground...!
I mean, if they do.

roj2323

View attachment 187209

View attachment 187210

View attachment 187211

View attachment 187212

WOW that looks weird. Having spent literally years in the park this is so strange to look at. Weird thing is I kinda like it other than the lack of shade.

elchippo

Original Poster
Not yet.

That's part of the buildings exterior overhaul.
Well, I'm glad if the balloon HAS to go away, that the building exterior will look different also. I was fearing a situation like when they removed the Chinese Theatre spires.....a spot for a hot air balloon that has no hot air balloon on it. I would imagine with the remaining SOA facade and Pizzerizzo's NYC feel, maybe they will make it look more like a Broadway Theatre? Or rather, the Muppet Theatre?!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom