Streets of America Development Watch (no longer DEMO)

roj2323

Are there plans to have the Writers Stop reopen after construction?
I have to imagine the location will reopen in one form or another. They haven't bulldozed it and they are actually attaching new stuff to the building to tie the SOA facade into the the Writers stop/SciFi building. I'd expect a refacing of the building but it will likely reopen. The question you should be asking is if it will reopen as the writers stop or something completely different.

disneygeek90

I have to imagine the location will reopen in one form or another. They haven't bulldozed it and they are actually attaching new stuff to the building to tie the SOA facade into the the Writers stop/SciFi building. I'd expect a refacing of the building but it will likely reopen. The question you should be asking is if it will reopen as the writers stop or something completely different.
I loved that little place. The tables you could sit at were a nice cool (AC) hiding spot, and they served a good amount of craft beer at the counter.

Magic Feather

Are there plans to have the Writers Stop reopen after construction?

As of now, I know of a few proposals for the space, including a very similar coffee shop, a bar, and a slightly redesigned entrance for Sci-Fi with a larger waiting area. A few other proposals I didn't mention have been considered, but these seem to be the most likely. Interested as to what others such as @MansionButler84 and @marni1971 have heard.

roj2323

As of now, I know of a few proposals for the space, including a very similar coffee shop, a bar, and a slightly redesigned entrance for Sci-Fi with a larger waiting area. A few other proposals I didn't mention have been considered, but these seem to be the most likely. Interested as to what others such as @MansionButler84 and @marni1971 have heard.
I could see a bar/ waiting area for SciFi happening. They have needed indoor space for waiting diners for a long time and it would be a similar setup to 50's prime time which they already know is successful.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Same as.

elchippo

Original Poster
This sounds like they are keeping Sci Fi around then? That's happy news!

SteamboatJoe

So is this area intended to serve as a transitional zone with a loose SOA theme or is it going to be thematically incorporated into one of the adjacent areas? I could see it being tied into Muppet Courtyard.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom