Story Ideas/Overall Themeing

WeirdOne

Ceo, yes, when me and Chad last talked on AIM, we dicussed this, and well, yes, the tornado is going to be BIG. The lift will also sprial around the outskirts of the tornado.

Chad, I agree to this script, but, just a few changes here and there ;).

- The WeirdOne :D

Chad

Original Poster
Ok..I'll give it a few more days till I make it the official script (for now) the only reason I want this is so we can MOVE on with the other projects..But I don't want to just move on without accomplishing this..I want to have SOMETHING to show for our work. Some concept art has been done, more is on its way. Go look at the web page.

Goofster--
The ending is indeed a bit hard to explain, ecspecially without typing.

But...I've attached an image.
The Orange bar is where the car will stop, and the wall infront of you will be ripped off. The big swirly thing is the twister. You car would be stopped, and the front of it would lift up, and would slowly be pulled towards the tornado.. as you get closer..You'll see the path suddenly turns to the right..IN a twister, nothing goes DIRECTLY into the tornado, it starts out by being swept up in the outside winds, which is what happens to your car. Of course, it's just simulated. Your car will enter into a tunnel (indicated with the purple color) where wind will blow fiercely, lights will flash, and you will slowly ascend up about 4 or 5 stories..and exit the tunnel. Fog machines will severally fog up the next area (which is the blue X'd area..)

Nerdy Guy: The storm is Dissapating!
Wind would blow away the smoke, and a forced perspcetive scene (similar to the ToT 'room' with the dissapearing people) would show you a bunch of tree tops, making it seem like you are REALLY high..Then, your car would, quite simply, drop..

Imagineer

Tornadoe in Hurricaine??

Am I the only person here who KNOWS that Hurricaines DO NOT spawn tornadoes! I have NEVER heard of tornadoes and hurricaines together. The storm of a hurricaine produces STRAIGHT winds. The clouds/swirling motion you see on radar is not the winds, it is the storm itself and the general movment of the storm. A tornadoe occurs when a small segment of a storm is put into a swirling like motion. This causes the winds to circulate too and there for a funnel drops from the clouds. I think we should abbandon the whole Hurricaine concept and stick to just an intense storm.

Some things to look for in detail. How intense is this tornadoe? F1 F2 F3 F4 F5 The tornadoe in Twister: Ride it Out is supposedly an F5 but LOOKS like an F1. Of coarse a Tornadoe is rated on damage and not size but has anyone ever seen an F5? I lived one (TX 1997? down by Austin)! THEY ARE HUGE! (on average a mile wide base). The damage we are talking about (House rolling, cars flying, trees falling due to winds) that is F5 damage. I do not think we could recreate the size of an F5 with the Twister technology. I think we should aim for an F3 or so. Make it the "not AS terryfing but still deadly" scene. People would expect an F5 but lets throw them an F3. This would mean pulling out the Rolling House effect (which I don't understand how to do anyways).

I still don't like the overall story. Its just too practical and too simple to me. I mean come on what causes the vehicles to leave safety in an intense storm!? We need an explosion or something in the first scene to make the 'safety zone' unsafe. You can still have the Thunder Thrills thing going. Make the loading zone a warehouse where they keep the vehicles. While getting ready to leave to go on the chase make the warehouse act like its falling apart. Make it URGENT to leave the safety zone to add thrill to the experience. Also, i don't think you will be able to do the whole see the same tornadoe the entire ride thing. I just don't see that happening w/o seeing the cars drive right by it everytime. That would require impecible timing of ALL vehicles on the track. You thought we had problems having two cars leaving at once, think of having every vehicle timed to eachother PERFECTLY (even Indy isn't perfect dispatching so that EVERY car is in the PERFECT place at the PERFECT time). Finally I like the finale effect of 'falling' but make it where the tornadoe 'spits' you out like the gas tanker in twister. This way you wouldn't have to stop and start the twister and could still have a drop. Make it on a steep down ramp and have the car in 'floating' mode while going through an effects tunnel. That way you could chase away from danger and back to safety with the idea of "We are never doing that again! Well not until our next chance......"

Those are my imputs, take them or leave them. Some one had to be practical........

WeirdOne

Re: Tornadoe in Hurricaine??

Originally posted by Imagineer
Am I the only person here who KNOWS that Hurricaines DO NOT spawn tornadoes! I have NEVER heard of tornadoes and hurricaines together. The storm of a hurricaine produces STRAIGHT winds. The clouds/swirling motion you see on radar is not the winds, it is the storm itself and the general movment of the storm. A tornadoe occurs when a small segment of a storm is put into a swirling like motion. This causes the winds to circulate too and there for a funnel drops from the clouds. I think we should abbandon the whole Hurricaine concept and stick to just an intense storm.

Let me change your thinking here. Down in Florida, where we live. Hurricanes frequently spawn tornadoes. Once, me and my family were running from Hurricane Gordon. We saw at least 3 tornado touchdowns for minutes on end. So, there is my input towards that.

Some things to look for in detail. How intense is this tornadoe? F1 F2 F3 F4 F5 The tornadoe in Twister: Ride it Out is supposedly an F5 but LOOKS like an F1. Of coarse a Tornadoe is rated on damage and not size but has anyone ever seen an F5? I lived one (TX 1997? down by Austin)! THEY ARE HUGE! (on average a mile wide base). The damage we are talking about (House rolling, cars flying, trees falling due to winds) that is F5 damage. I do not think we could recreate the size of an F5 with the Twister technology. I think we should aim for an F3 or so. Make it the "not AS terryfing but still deadly" scene. People would expect an F5 but lets throw them an F3. This would mean pulling out the Rolling House effect (which I don't understand how to do anyways).

In Florida, once again, an F4 looks like a small earthworm. In Florida, they don't get very nig like in Texas. I've been in an F3 as the strngest. BEEN IN. And it was tiny. TINY. So, like I said, tornadoes come in all shapes and sizes.

I still don't like the overall story. Its just too practical and too simple to me. I mean come on what causes the vehicles to leave safety in an intense storm!? We need an explosion or something in the first scene to make the 'safety zone' unsafe. You can still have the Thunder Thrills thing going. Make the loading zone a warehouse where they keep the vehicles. While getting ready to leave to go on the chase make the warehouse act like its falling apart. Make it URGENT to leave the safety zone to add thrill to the experience. Also, i don't think you will be able to do the whole see the same tornadoe the entire ride thing. I just don't see that happening w/o seeing the cars drive right by it everytime. That would require impecible timing of ALL vehicles on the track. You thought we had problems having two cars leaving at once, think of having every vehicle timed to eachother PERFECTLY (even Indy isn't perfect dispatching so that EVERY car is in the PERFECT place at the PERFECT time). Finally I like the finale effect of 'falling' but make it where the tornadoe 'spits' you out like the gas tanker in twister. This way you wouldn't have to stop and start the twister and could still have a drop. Make it on a steep down ramp and have the car in 'floating' mode while going through an effects tunnel. That way you could chase away from danger and back to safety with the idea of "We are never doing that again! Well not until our next chance......"

Those are my imputs, take them or leave them. Some one had to be practical........

Well, Imagineer, let me say, I love your ideas, but I don't think this will work. If the ride continually goes around the tornado as planned (I.E. it is in the corner.) It would very well easily work. Plus, the drop can be put in a shaft and another set of artifical winds be created there. And the Thunder Thrillls idea so works. Chasing a storm is pure thrill, so they have a reason to be out there.

So sorry, but this time I have to side with Chad. - The WeirdOne :fork:

Goofster

Yeah, Im sure we should make the tornado as big as possible, not a mile or anything, but pretty big. And we don't need to tell riders how big it is.

Chad

Original Poster
Wow..Imagineer was on fire...
Hurricanes frequently spawn tornados. I've lived through many a hurricane and many a tornado. Just because you haven't HEARD about it, doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

And the fact that the tornado is spwaned is what GIVES it a sense of urgency..The Thunder Thrills was supposed to take you through the HURRICANE, but suprise, a tornado is spawned..Thunder thrills itself gives reason to WHY the cars leave..They are taking you out to view the storm..But then, a tornado is spawned..Do you need more urgency? The way the Tornado and the drop shaft is designed will allow the tornado to remain -ON- constantly, it will never be turned off. The drop shaft is in a seperate room, a wall will divide the tornado from the -drop- room

Set decoration and placements of props will block out the other cars, so the tornado will be able to be visable at all times until you reach the propane warehouse. We don't mean the ENTIRE tornado will be visible, you will be able to see the top of it over the tree tops and such..But you won't be able to see the other cars, no special timing or anything is required for that...

Sounds really cool guys

Just wish I had got here sooner, I feel like I am sort of after the fact :( , oh well not really much to say about this one anyways :)

Mikemc

This is quite a cool idea and by keeping simple it would be great.

You hve a tour company. There is your entrance Thunder Thrill Inc. Couple of guides encouraging guests to take a ride wit on ofthe safest companies in the World.

The theme of the testing the new car is great. You could have the 'Travel hostess' explaining the safety procedures in the event of something going wrong.

At the end you couldhave a tour guide saying 'Thankyou for travelling Thunder Thrills Inc. and we look forwardto seeing you again'

Sounds like a great ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom