Stitch's Great Escape TEST RUN!

PhotoDave219

disneymoc said:
The best thing is to bring your sleeping bag and camp out. :) Look at it as the concert everyone wants tickets for.
No more like get off work, change shirt, walk over to SGE.

I'll get to see it before it opens, thats not the problem, i just wanna see it now...

Shaman

kodakcastmember said:
GREAT NEWS!

Today (10-11-04) I had the great opportunity to participate in the first public test run for Stitch's Great Escape. Guests who happened to be in the right place at the right time (like me) were allowed to experience the attraction. Once in the still closed off cue area were greeted at the entrance by a Disney Imagineer. He said that this was the first run for anyone in the public outside of the team that has worked on the attraction. He explained that the test was basically for audio levels and such. There were few glitches at all that I could notice; however, several are expected in an attraction that is not scheduled to open for another month. Basically, the only task that I can see that still needs to be completed is another coat of paint here and there

It was a fun experience. It is filled with crazy antics, funny moments, great sounds, even actual smells! You will not be disappointed by this attraction when it opens on NOVEMBER 16TH!!
Thanks for sharing! I can't wait to see if SGE is a worthy AE replacement....

the-reason14

They had to do testing a day after I leave. Oh well, Ill see it when its officially opened next month anyways.

Hope yall enjoyed it :wave: and to the future passengers of the ride to. :wave:

Lee

Adventurer
Oh well, I guess I'll be dropping into MK on Sunday. :rolleyes:
It'll give me a chance to try out the Jedi mind trick:
"You WILL let me in..."

Coaster3001

If you have any other doubts i also was an atendee of this test. Several things I noticed were. The highth requirement is 40". We entered the right chamber for this preview. I overall was just amazed how much it still looked like alien encounter. They did do this attraction some justice. The spitting stitch was really cool and I can still smell the chili dog scent. The only complaint i have is that the ending seemed weak and almost pushed.

prberk

Thanks, kodakcastmember, for the info. And welcome to the boards. Don't be a stranger!

But, I guess, be careful if you are a castmember not to get yourself in trouble with what you reveal here. Other CMs have said that there are restrictions; you may want to ask. Where do you work? In the Kodak "Imagination" pavillion?

But, anyhow, "welcome aboard 'Disney's (super)highway in the sky,'" uh, er... "cyberspace"! :animwink: :sohappy:

And, PhotoDave, I know you have probably answered this before, but where do you work?

Paul

JeffH

Is it scary?

I can't convince my 11yo daughter to go to this because she's scared...can anyone give me an idea of how scary this is...
compared to AE?
how much darkness? (It has to be dark for the effects to work, right?)
how many startling surprises?

MKCP 1985

Any chance of earlier test runs (say mid-afternoon) on this coming Saturday?

**crosses fingers and waits for response **

cherrynegra

Did anyone else get this email for the Annual Passholders?

EVENT COORDINATES
DATE: November 5, 6 and 7
TIME: During regular operating hours
Magic Kingdom Park
GEAR: Valid Security Recruit (Walt Disney World® Passholder) I.D. required for Preview admission

Attachments

• stitch2.jpg
    stitch2.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 370

DDuckFan130

Oooh all this sounds exciting! I'm going to WDW for Veteran's Day Weekend (November 10-14)...does that mean I'll be able to see it?!?!

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
DDuckFan130 said:
Oooh all this sounds exciting! I'm going to WDW for Veteran's Day Weekend (November 10-14)...does that mean I'll be able to see it?!?!
I would think so....grand opening day is the 16th, so there should definitely be a soft opening before that. :D

DarkMeasures

Well, I probably wont be on Stitch for 10 years. (college, and having career long enough to pay to go down).

Next time I go to Disney, I probably have to pay for everything myself.

Pixie Duster

Ok so test will continue into next week. Either our department (Research) or our third party vendors will be conducting special research for the test groups. They don't know how many shows they will do each day, it all depends on how things run. Hopefully I did not say too much at that point.

Computer Magic

Pixie Duster said:
Ok so test will continue into next week. Either our department (Research) or our third party vendors will be conducting special research for the test groups. They don't know how many shows they will do each day, it all depends on how things run. Hopefully I did not say too much at that point.
I would love to research guest for a new attraction. Now that's cool. Hopefully they'll let your department do the research. Outsourcing to a thrid party would stink.

dxwwf3

DarkMeasures said:
Well, I probably wont be on Stitch for 10 years.

You had just better hope that SGE is still there in 10 years :lol:

I'm sure it will be, but if AE only lasted 8, then I wouldn't be totally shocked.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom