Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

Pumbaa1222

We also forget, Song of the South was an almost completely (by intention) forgotten IP before Splash Mountain. If WDI does what they do best, they can make anything into a great attraction. If they are lazy and just stick an IP on a space, then we end up with what we have in Tomorrowland currently

CJR

More like Bob Chapek.

If it's Iger it's about time. He's only been CEO since 2005 :rolleyes:

It's probably a bit of both. Iger seems to care less since he'll be out in a couple years. I mean, if Iger had a problem with it, these wouldn't be happening. It's also worth noting, almost all of them will open after Iger's gone.

Mike S

We also forget, Song of the South was an almost completely (by intention) forgotten IP before Splash Mountain. If WDI does what they do best, they can make anything into a great attraction. If they are lazy and just stick an IP on a space, then we end up with what we have in Tomorrowland currently
Song of the South was actually re-released to theaters in 1986. Splash Mountsin opened in Disneyland in 1989.

Donaldfan1934

And the thing is, Treasure Planet COULD be something there'd be a demand for if they promoted it. Show it on one of the many channels you own. Give it a limited theatrical re-release in 3D/ IMAX. Say it's a classic and make people believe it. Sleeping Beauty and Alice In Wonderland weren't initially successful, but they gained a following in later years because Disney brought it back to new audiences.
I think that would be an excellent idea. The problem is that Disney no longer wants to develop the audience of an IP, but rather be lazy and have the audience built in.

FigmentJedi

And the thing is, Treasure Planet COULD be something there'd be a demand for if they promoted it. Show it on one of the many channels you own. Give it a limited theatrical re-release in 3D/ IMAX. Say it's a classic and make people believe it. Sleeping Beauty and Alice In Wonderland weren't initially successful, but they gained a following in later years because Disney brought it back to new audiences.
Do the same with Atlantis. Both movies have a cult following that can be capitalized on in re-releases if they did them right.

ProjectXBlog

You may be pleasantly surprised if all comes to fruition. I was.
fruition...fruit...fruit rhymes with "suit"...suits of cards includes the diamond...like the baseball diamond from "the great muppet caper" starring charles grodin...who was in "clifford" with martin short...who was in a production of "godspell" with dave thomas...the name of the man behind the wendy's chain

my god martin is there going to be a wendy's in tomorrowland

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom