Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

Animaniac93-98

The above shop does actually look like a place you could find a set of Czechoslovakian glassware! I assume it must have been somewhere at the Magic Kingdom, as that was the only park at the time and I can't imagine there was anywhere at Disney Village that sold anything quite so fancy.

Maybe the crystal shop in Adventureland or The King's Gallery in the castle?

Certainly, the park and resort sold a lot more than Pooh plush back then.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I’m really hoping the resurrection of this thread and the announcement of a new DVC lounge aren’t related.
….yeah, it would not be a surprise, but on the bright side it may be too expensive to gut the inside to make a lounge. There are other spaces (even at MK) available that would require less work to convert.

Bocabear

For a DVC Lounge they would not need that full footprint...Probably just the queue and first preshow area...But there are no bathrooms attached which are a real plus in a lounge.... The Preshow area is a huge cavernous space...there would really be nothing to Demo, but again, a lack of plumbing for soda machines and facilities would have to be added... Sadly if the put money into bringing plumbing in, the chance that this would ever return as an attraction space would be about nil....

pdude81

For a DVC Lounge they would not need that full footprint...Probably just the queue and first preshow area...But there are no bathrooms attached which are a real plus in a lounge.... The Preshow area is a huge cavernous space...there would really be nothing to Demo, but again, a lack of plumbing for soda machines and facilities would have to be added... Sadly if the put money into bringing plumbing in, the chance that this would ever return as an attraction space would be about nil....
There are no bathrooms in the Epcot lounge fyi. And I don't think they'd put bathrooms in a new lounge anyway, as that just encourages people to park in there. As for plumbing, I think they'd need floor drains at a minimum for the freestyle machines wherever they went, and a reasonable water supply with filtration. Since the building shares space with an ice cream shop and a bathroom, I'd expect they could make this work easily in the Stitch space. My hope is that they don't do that, of course. Anywhere in MK would be overrun with people each day unless the went big and took over Pinocchio Village Haus.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
That’s a valid point on splitting up the space. I think even if they didn’t have to pay for plumbing that once this becomes a lounge it won’t go back to an attraction.

There are no bathrooms in the Epcot lounge fyi. And I don't think they'd put bathrooms in a new lounge anyway, as that just encourages people to park in there. As for plumbing, I think they'd need floor drains at a minimum for the freestyle machines wherever they went, and a reasonable water supply with filtration. Since the building shares space with an ice cream shop and a bathroom, I'd expect they could make this work easily in the Stitch space. My hope is that they don't do that, of course. Anywhere in MK would be overrun with people each day unless the went big and took over Pinocchio Village Haus.
Tomorrowland Terrace is a big footprint. They could carve out a portion of it and keep the front porch area for the dessert parties. It should have all the plumbing already in place.

pdude81

That’s a valid point on splitting up the space. I think even if they didn’t have to pay for plumbing that once this becomes a lounge it won’t go back to an attraction.

Tomorrowland Terrace is a big footprint. They could carve out a portion of it and keep the front porch area for the dessert parties. It should have all the plumbing already in place.
I think A/C is going to be a key feature in any DVC lounge.

Tomorrowland terrace could be useful, but even though it's mostly closed they make a ton of money off that space with dessert parties each night. So I wouldn't expect them to do something like that unless it were just a temporary stopgap.

Bocabear

Tomorrowland terrace could be useful, but even though it's mostly closed they make a ton of money off that space with dessert parties each night. So I wouldn't expect them to do something like that unless it were just a temporary stopgap.
Back in the day, Tomorrowland Terrace was air conditioned....without walls.....

GoofGoof

Premium Member

Yeah, probably right. It is a big space though so they could pretty easily carve out an area more towards the back and wall it in. The lounge doesn’t need to be huge, although one at MK would probably have even higher demand.

EPCOT lounge:
12559081-16D5-4F91-B633-C0DB64A12202.jpeg

Disneyland Lounge:
051F7AE9-77B6-41F8-A4D1-F3FD0D30E590.jpeg

Inside of Tomorrowland Terrace:
0A554071-EC71-4CD5-84C7-606A89D432AA.jpeg

If they walled off the back section for a DVC lounge they could keep the front section with views of the fireworks for the parties.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
or better yet just reopening TT to the public full time like it was designed/meant to be and operate.... execs: "lets cut cost and not operate anything we don't have to, corral and cram everyone into one or two eateries and close the rest". :banghead:
Sure, but in reality it’s a choice between leaving it vacant most of the time or using it for a lounge at least some people could use. I’d much rather see it reimagined with some better food offerings too but if that isn’t going to happen anyway I‘d rather see them use part of that space for the lounge over using the Alien Encounter building. I understand that a new “attraction“ there is also unlikely but never say never.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom