Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

castlecake2.0

Just spoke with someone in the know...I don't often claim this, but I actually spoke to someone with firsthand knowledge (see discussion of when TRON was going to open if you don't believe my source's track record). I've posted a couple of tidbits in other threads.

Something may actually be going in the former Stitch location in the near future. Could be promising, according to this person. Sorry, that's all I've got. They wouldn't tell me anything else.
New vending machines for its current use as a break room? Seriously though I hope it’s true, any additional capacity is needed

Animaniac93-98

Any relation to the new Alien Little Golden Book? ;)

1703996851839.png

Vinnie Mac

Just spoke with someone in the know...I don't often claim this, but I actually spoke to someone with firsthand knowledge (see discussion of when TRON was going to open if you don't believe my source's track record). I've posted a couple of tidbits in other threads.

Something may actually be going in the former Stitch location in the near future. Could be promising, according to this person. Sorry, that's all I've got. They wouldn't tell me anything else.
Stitch themed nightclub with Stitch as the DJ like I said a year ago uh huh uh huh! (im delusional)

Thelazer

You'd think it would be an easy way to help with the silly wait times issues. Just open up stitch and auto create the demand for it by allowing it to be easily accessed without having to use lighting lane.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member

Interesting. Seems you're hearing whispers as well. Nice to know they're considering doing something with the space again.

Last edited:

castlecake2.0

the shuttered buildings drive me insane. If they’re not going to be used for their intended purpose then at least use them as a “relaxation zone” in the meantime. Throw in some seating and some themed artwork on the wall and give people somewhere to escape the elements and crowds

Animaniac93-98

Off the top of my head, these are the former guest accessible spaces in MK that are no longer such:

Lafitte's Portrait Deck - storage space
House of Treasure/Pirate's League - future site of pirate bar
Tiki Tropic Shop and Elephant Tales - storage areas
Tricorn Hat Shoppe - storage space
The Keelboat Shop/Ichabod's Landing - storage space
The Keelboat dock - overflow queue for HM
Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes Dock - unused
Aunt Polly's - unused except for rare occasions
Fife and Drum Snack Bar - closed
Hook's Tavern - became PPF FastPass distribution, now empty
Seven Dwarf's Mining Co - now partially a covered seating area
Stitch's Great Escape - CM break room now?

Then there's "seasonal" stuff like Tortuga Tavern and Tomorrowland Terrace and lost attraction capacity like the Skyway

Disney Maddux

As I said in another thread, with Little Mermaid getting revived at DHS, and the Lilo & Stitch live-action coming up... What are the chances this could be a somewhat revival of SGE?

imagineer97

In the Parks
No
As I said in another thread, with Little Mermaid getting revived at DHS, and the Lilo & Stitch live-action coming up... What are the chances this could be a somewhat revival of SGE?
That was not the impression I got from what I was told. Sounds like something else to me.

EDIT: I will say this was the least info I got on anything during my conversation, so I am only going by inference to say that it's something else. No idea what it is.

TrainsOfDisney

Maybe it could just be a traditional show instead of trapping guests into their seats. I feel that would go a lot better.
Yes, that was the issue. They needed to make it a fun AA show with no seat restraints and no height requirement. Just introduce Stitch, let him cause a little mischief, and then he sings an Elvis song and we leave.

dmc493

I'm all for being an optimist here but this is the fifth rumor thread today where you've said "I don't often claim this"... sounds like you're claiming a lot 😁

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom