Stitch's Great Escape Goes Seasonal

francism

I'm glad that something new is being considered for that space but isn't Stitch a popular character still? I know Wreck it Ralph is newer and still has new movies being made but couldn't they develop a new ride based around Stitch?

The show building for Alien Encounter/SGE looks pretty large from above, larger than Peter Pan's Flight, larger than Winnie the Pooh, and larger than Space Ranger Spin. Could they not use the space for a classic dark ride based around Stitch? Or are they trying to beat Universal to the punch and have a Mario Kart-esque type experience with Wreck it Ralph?

Kman101

Have they? ;)

LOL

WIR feels limited if put in where Stitch is. I guess they had something like McQueen's Racing Academy in mind for WIR at one point? Maybe different of course but similar ideas? In a way?

WIR works better for replacing Buzz, IMHO. But I don't think Buzz is in their plans. Unless we're getting a surprise.

I'm envisioning Pixar anyway (I'm guessing Laugh Floor stays?)

And Ralph, of course.

Unless they put him in Future World.

TFNC

They could have remove Stitch from, made it around The Incredibles and have the baby causing havoc instead of Stitch. But, in all honesty there was nothing wrong with the Stitch version. I loved the Alien version. It was one of my favs. We went last Dec the week before Christmas and it was closed. Which just seems stupid considering how packed the park was. I think there is a bigger reason why this attraction has been MIA much like Horizons at Epcot.

trainplane3

They could have remove Stitch from, made it around The Incredibles and have the baby causing havoc instead of Stitch. But, in all honesty there was nothing wrong with the Stitch version. I loved the Alien version. It was one of my favs. We went last Dec the week before Christmas and it was closed. Which just seems stupid considering how packed the park was. I think there is a bigger reason why this attraction has been MIA much like Horizons at Epcot.
There definitely is when overall park satisfaction scores are lower when Stitch is open versus when it's closed.

Bocabear

The Stitch version completely ruined the whole idea of the attraction and lowered to bar to toilet humor. It was terrible and I am very glad it is shuttered...Perhaps with a complete rewrite it might have been ok...They do need to open something in it's place though... Would be nice it it had Something to do with the idea of Tomorrowland...and while they are at it, they can move Monsters Inc. Laff Floor and Buzz Lightyear over to DHS too!

es135

The Stitch version completely ruined the whole idea of the attraction and lowered to bar to toilet humor. It was terrible and I am very glad it is shuttered...Perhaps with a complete rewrite it might have been ok...They do need to open something in it's place though... Would be nice it it had Something to do with the idea of Tomorrowland...and while they are at it, they can move Monsters Inc. Laff Floor and Buzz Lightyear over to DHS too!

If only there was an appropriate place for Buzz to move to at DHS. A "toy story land" if you will :)

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Ralph’s whole shtick is retro arcades. What if that has to do with Tomorrowland (even the fantasy retro future) beats me. I thought the whole goal was to avoid repeating the same mistakes made in the early to mid 2000s.
"Escaping onto the internet." Pretty appropriate right across the walkway from Tron...

GlacierGlacier

The difference is that Ralph uses the modern Internet, while Tron takes a retro look at what we thought the Internet would be, at least that’s what I interpret it as.
Tron was never about the internet. It's always been a single computer (in the original, a company's mainframe) with hundreds of programs running at once.

Even Tron: Legacy had the mainframe disconnected from the internet.

But it could easily be reconfigured. Disney doesn't shy away from adjusting context for theme park attractions.

Biff215

The show building for Alien Encounter/SGE looks pretty large from above, larger than Peter Pan's Flight, larger than Winnie the Pooh, and larger than Space Ranger Spin. Could they not use the space for a classic dark ride based around Stitch? Or are they trying to beat Universal to the punch and have a Mario Kart-esque type experience with Wreck it Ralph?
The building you’re looking at likely includes the stores and maybe even part of Cosmic Ray’s. Stitch only has the two round theaters and preshow rooms. Likely not enough room for an omnimover style attraction without reconfiguring the entire building.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom