still confused about dinning plan help

parker kim

To get the dinning plan you must purchase a magic your way ticket for every one in your group for the whole amount of days you stay at a resort? My problem I Have tickets left form our last trip. But I will be buying my daughter a mywticket for 10dayWith the plus option and non expiring. And will be Buying a one day for my husband and I. And already have a 7day park hopper plus pass for my son that I bought in nov. befor they changed the system. We will be staying 6 nights but going to the main parks 3 of those day and 2 water park day and the not so scary halloween party another. willI be able to do the dinning plan?

Moustronaut

I'm still a bit confused on all this myself, but the last time someone asked this the conventional wisdom said that the people buying MYW tickets could get the dining plan, but those using other tickets (old ones, APs, etc) could not unless the bought an MYW ticket equal to the number of nights you were staying at your resort.

Upvote 0

Zoot74

We just purchased MYW tickets for 4 days, but got the dining option for 5 days (the number of nights we will be there). We were told that the dining plan needed to be added for the number of nights your stay was, regardless of how many days your MYW tickets were.

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

parker kim said:
To get the dinning plan you must purchase a magic your way ticket for every one in your group for the whole amount of days you stay at a resort? My problem I Have tickets left form our last trip. But I will be buying my daughter a mywticket for 10dayWith the plus option and non expiring. And will be Buying a one day for my husband and I. And already have a 7day park hopper plus pass for my son that I bought in nov. befor they changed the system. We will be staying 6 nights but going to the main parks 3 of those day and 2 water park day and the not so scary halloween party another. willI be able to do the dinning plan?

I'll be happy to assist...

When you book the "Magic Your Way Package Plus Dinning" vacation package, all guest in the room must be booked on the same plan with the same ticket length and options.

You can however choose any number of days or options on your Magic Your Way tickets, regardless of the length of your stay. For example, you can stay 6 nights, and purchase 1 day tickets or 10 day tickets, just as long as all the tickets are the same. Regardless of the ticket options you choose, your dinning plan entitlements are based on the full length of your resort stay.

Once you check-in, each person's ticket is encoded on their own Key To The World Card (resort ID.) You can then upgrade each guest's ticket individually to what that guest needs. Do remember, when you upgrade your ticket it will be at gate pricing, not advance pricing and any upgrades must be made in person at your resort guest services.

Based on what you posted, you wish for your family of 4 to stay for 6 nights and want to be on the Disney Dinning Plan. You also state you wish to purchase two of the MYW 1 day Premium tickets (includes park hopping and 2 plus visits) for yourself and your husband, 1 MYW 10 day Premium ticket (includes park hopping and 5 plus visits) with no expiration option for your daughter, and no ticket for your son.

What I would advise is to book your 6 night Magic Your Way Package Plus Dinning with 1 Day Magic Your Way Premium Tickets. Once you check in, you can upgrade only your daughter's 1 day MYW Premium to a 10 day MYW Premium ticket and add the No Expiration Option to her ticket.

Your husband, your son and you should each used your 1 day Magic Your Way Premium ticket first for your first theme park day and each of your 2 plus visits. Then once your package ticket is used up, you can then resume to use your existing tickets from your previous trip.

With the dinning plan you will receive 24 table service meals, 24 counter service meals, and 24 snacks (4 guest x 6 nights) that can be used by anyone in your room, anytime during your stay until each entitlement has been depleted or until midnight on the day you are scheduled to check-out.

As a reservaton cast member, I normally can come up with a solution meet anyone's vacation needs, so if you need any other questions or concerns answered about vacation packages feel free to ask! I'm always glad to help!

Enjoy your stay! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
JPVonDrake said:
I'll be happy to assist...

When you book the "Magic Your Way Package Plus Dinning" vacation package, all guest in the room must be booked on the same plan with the same ticket length and options.

You can however choose any number of days or options on your Magic Your Way tickets, regardless of the length of your stay. For example, you can stay 6 nights, and purchase 1 day tickets or 10 day tickets, just as long as all the tickets are the same. Regardless of the ticket options you choose, your dinning plan entitlements are based on the full length of your resort stay.

Once you check-in, each person's ticket is encoded on their own Key To The World Card (resort ID.) You can then upgrade each guest's ticket individually to what that guest needs. Do remember, when you upgrade your ticket it will be at gate pricing, not advance pricing and any upgrades must be made in person at your resort guest services.

Based on what you posted, you wish for your family of 4 to stay for 6 nights and want to be on the Disney Dinning Plan. You also state you wish to purchase two of the MYW 1 day Premium tickets (includes park hopping and 2 plus visits) for yourself and your husband, 1 MYW 10 day Premium ticket (includes park hopping and 5 plus visits) with no expiration option for your daughter, and no ticket for your son.

What I would advise is to book your 6 night Magic Your Way Package Plus Dinning with 1 Day Magic Your Way Premium Tickets. Once you check in, you can upgrade only your daughter's 1 day MYW Premium to a 10 day MYW Premium ticket and add the No Expiration Option to her ticket.

Your husband, your son and you should each used your 1 day Magic Your Way Premium ticket first for your first theme park day and each of your 2 plus visits. Then once your package ticket is used up, you can then resume to use your existing tickets from your previous trip.

With the dinning plan you will receive 24 table service meals, 24 counter service meals, and 24 snacks (4 guest x 6 nights) that can be used by anyone in your room, anytime during your stay until each entitlement has been depleted or until midnight on the day you are scheduled to check-out.

As a reservaton cast member, I normally can come up with a solution meet anyone's vacation needs, so if you need any other questions or concerns answered about vacation packages feel free to ask! I'm always glad to help!

Enjoy your stay! :sohappy:

Sorry we don't still have a rep system here JP. That was a great summary and a big help for many who are still confused by this system. Glad you're here!

Upvote 0

S_Grise

I am sill SO confused about all the different plans and options, it makes my head hurt. How on EARTH do you ever remember all tis and figure out what is the best plan for each family?

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

S_Grise said:
I am sill SO confused about all the different plans and options, it makes my head hurt. How on EARTH do you ever remember all tis and figure out what is the best plan for each family?

It's simple. All you need to do is to prepare magical vacations for about 100 plus families per day, and you will soon learn every trick in the book! :lol:

Upvote 0

parker kim

Original Poster
JP will this still work even though I am not buying a ticket at all for my son . And the one day mywtickets for myself and my husband are just one day tickets, with no extras. The tickets
We have left from our last trip have 2 parks days and 3 water parks days left.

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

parker kim said:
JP will this still work even though I am not buying a ticket at all for my son . And the one day mywtickets for myself and my husband are just one day tickets, with no extras. The tickets
We have left from our last trip have 2 parks days and 3 water parks days left.

You do have to purchase the same MYW ticket option for your son as everyone else in the room, there is no way around that. Simply book with the smallest ticket you need, a 1 day Magic Your Way Base for everyone, then upgrade your daughter's ticket after you check-in.

:sohappy:

Upvote 0

parker kim

Original Poster
Thank you so much that clears things up. I'm just not sure that the saving on the dinning plan will out weight A one day ticket price for my son who is 14. I'll have to do some figure running. Thanks again.

Upvote 0

BeachClub

I am doing the basic dp. 1 snack, 1 counter, 1 sit down. I am staying 6 nights 7 days. Does that mean I have a full 1 snack, 1 counter and 1 sitdown on our final day? Day of departure. :brick:

Upvote 0

cls4016

Just out of curiosity: Can you upgrade those tickets you got from this package to an Annual Pass? We will be going this August and again in June 2009, so an annual pass may save us a few.

Thanks

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I am doing the basic dp. 1 snack, 1 counter, 1 sit down. I am staying 6 nights 7 days. Does that mean I have a full 1 snack, 1 counter and 1 sitdown on our final day? Day of departure. :brick:
If you're there for 6 nights, you'll have six of each credit for each member of your party. Generally, people don't arrive early enough on their first day or leave late enough on their last day to be able to use credits for that day. But your credits are pooled on you room keys and can be utilized any way you see fit during your stay up until midnight of your check-out day. If you choose to, you could eat like there's no tomorrow on your first day and use up all your credits... :eek: [You'll likely :hurl:] Manage your credits and depending on how much you eat you may either have credits left over or have to pay OOP for some meals.

Just out of curiosity: Can you upgrade those tickets you got from this package to an Annual Pass? We will be going this August and again in June 2009, so an annual pass may save us a few.

Thanks
Yes you can upgrade to APs any time within 14 days of first use of the tickets. Some folks have indicated problems with retaining their DDP credits when doing so, others said it was no problem at all, to be safe, upgrade after you've used the credits but before you leave.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom