Step Stools?

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
Does anyone know if you can request step stools? My 3 year old uses one to reach the potty as well as was her hands & brush her teeth. Staying in Pop for 8 days, we'll definitely need one!

Gig 'Em Mickey

Never thought to ask. We never needed one for the bathroom, guess they were low enough. For the sink if they needed something we just put a chair over there.

JohnD

Does anyone know if you can request step stools? My 3 year old uses one to reach the potty as well as was her hands & brush her teeth. Staying in Pop for 8 days, we'll definitely need one!

You flying or driving? If driving, you could take one with you. My church has simple plastic step stools in the bathrooms for the kiddies. Probably picked them up in Walmart.

Sudcaro- Sudcaro

Not sure they have step stools. When we are at a hotel our daughter uses a regular chair. You can also help your daughter up the potty and hold her when she washes (after all, don't we help them in public restrooms?). It's just for a few days so it shouldn't be too annoying.

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
Thanks, we are flying. If I can find a foldable one in a store I may buy it. Too close now to order online though. I know I can hold her but 16 teeth brushes, hundreds of potty breaks and hand washes.... :)
Worse case we will use a chair
Thanks!

mm121

They may have them not necessarily for kids but for Little People, I know I saw on the show Little People that they were trying to get hotels to keep some around to enhance LP accessibility

englanddg

One Little Spark...
They may have them not necessarily for kids but for Little People, I know I saw on the show Little People that they were trying to get hotels to keep some around to enhance LP accessibility
One, I hate the term "Little People". Granted, I'm not a "Little Person", but I don't see how substituting the term for midget makes it any more "acceptable". I do get how "dwarf" can be a tad insulting, but then again, that is seen as more politically correct. I can't keep up with all this "new vocabulary".

But, that's just me. To me, they are people. Period.

Second, rant aside, I strongly doubt they'll offer stools or step-stools, even for "accessibility". Not because it isn't a good idea (it is), but due to liability if one falls off it.

If you want or need a stool, figure out how to bring one with you, or use a chair that is provided (which keeps them from liability as you are using it for a purpose they haven't provided so hotels, at least for now, will still offer chairs that can be moved, until someone sues them out of existence due to their own misuse).

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
I called Pop Century yesterday and they said they don't have them but when we check in, they can see if they can get them at another resort. I checked at Target yesterday and could only find one in the home improvement department. It was like 20 bucks and way too heavy to pack. I'll check Walmart and if it's light and less than 10 bucks, I'll grab it. If not, we will make do with a chair. It seems like a good idea for a hotel to invest in them along with pack and plays, bed rails etc but I guess it's just wishful thinking at this point :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom