Pre-Trip Staying at the POLY?! We're going back!!

Hello!!

Welcome to my second pre-trip report! If you didn't read my trip report from May, you can find it here:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/4-days-is-not-enough-completed.927419/page-6#post-7741829

So I basically have no plans for this trip yet, except where we're staying and when :D.

First up is the who:

Me, Mom, and Hubby is tagging along this time! (Hubby opted out of the last trip)

This is Mom and I from our last trip this past May :)
MK_MSCINEMA_20170511_8031319492 by Donna Breaks, on Flickr

My Family :inlove::inlove::inlove:
Family2 by Donna Breaks, on Flickr

Engagement by Donna Breaks, on Flickr

Alex (DH) and I got engaged in Disney in 2015 and we've been married almost a year now :inlove::inlove::inlove:
This will be his first time back since then.

When: March 1-5 at Disney (Possibly adding Universal at the end for Alex and I :))

Where: For the first time ever, we are renting DVC and staying in a POLY studio with a lake view!!
I'm SO excited to stay at the Poly!!! My last trip I learned the hard way to not get the cheapest room, even if it is a deluxe resort. That's why I spent a little more for the lake view :):):).

So I have 211 days to figure out the rest. I do know I'm putting in a rest day somewhere (probably the Saturday) because last time we were so exhausted after 4 days of nonstop park going.

I'm currently staring at menus trying to decide where we should eat. Mom is a picky eater, so that limits what I can pick but I want to try new things! On my list right now is:

Kona- Breakfast
Biergarten
Via Napoli
Le Cellier
Liberty Tree Tavern
Sci Fi Dine-In

The only ones on that list I've been to is Kona and Sci Fi- if anyone has recommendations on the rest, I'd love to hear them! Or if you have any others I should consider :)

That's all I have so far! Thanks if anyone is reading :D:D:D

Last edited:

DonnaOnTheRocks

Original Poster
Photobucket is giving me a hard time today :banghead::banghead::banghead:. Hopefully you can see all 3 photos in my first post.

wdw2015337355437046_7537636138_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-reg_zpskxgctmrt.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG] Anyway, I forgot to mention that this trip is 9 days after my birthday (February 20 :D)... Heck yeah I'm treating this as a birthday trip!!
;):cool::cat:

Here is a photo of me and Alex on his first trip for my 30th birthday in 2015 :inlove::inlove::inlove:
Fountain.jpg

I'm excited I get to wear this Birthday Girl shirt again!! :D

I'm still trying to decide on restaurants. I asked Alex last night if there were any places he wanted to do again.. "No, as long as I can get the Ohana dessert somewhere else..." Meaning the bread pudding, and yes! We can get that at Tambu Lounge, so going to try all new places this trip, minus Kona because Alex hasn't been there and it's oh so convenient!

Last edited:

DonnaOnTheRocks

Original Poster
Alright, this will probably change a few times before March (park hours are not even out yet) but here is the plan so far:

March 1- Hopefully fly in decently early and get to Poly to check in by noon. Go to MK and have a late lunch at BOG and FP SDMT, Space, and Jungle Cruise/Haunted Mansion. No other ADR's for this day.

March 2- EPCOT! Hopefully just stay here all day, lunch ADR at Le Cellier as long as the prix fixe menu is still available. If it's not, then Via Napoli or Biergarten. FP Soarin and try TT single rider line and possibly FP Illuminations again- SO worth it!

March 3- REST DAY- I have not tried a rest day yet and after my last trip with my mom, we have to schedule in some down time. Possibly go to a park this evening for MK or AK nighttime show. ADR at Kona for breakfast and lunch at Grand Floridian Cafe. OR Kona breakfast on departure day.

March 4- HS and AK day. Hit HS in the morning- RNR, TOT :)inlove::inlove::inlove:), TSMM, Frozen, etc. ADR at Beaches and Cream! Then FP for Flights of Passage, Safari, Everest- for that evening.

March 5- Last day :(. If we went to a park on our rest day, then we cannot go today. Depending on our flights (and if Alex and I decide to head to Universal for a few days) then maybe we'll do a breakfast at Ohana or Kona and relax at the resort or go back to MK for a few quick FP's.

My ADR List (for now): Be Our Guest (Lunch), Le Cellier (Lunch), Kona (Breakfast), Grand Floridian Cafe (Lunch), Beaches and Cream (lunch), possible Ohana breakfast.

All of these would be new to us except Kona breakfast, Ohana breakfast, and BOG lunch.

As always, all the restaurants I really want to try are all in WS :rolleyes:- Le Cellier, Via Napoli, Biergarten. I would love to go back to Tutto Italia too :hungry::hungry: I wish we had more than 4 days to spend, but hopefully we'll be back next December (fingers crossed!)

DonnaOnTheRocks

Original Poster
So I finally just discovered that Photobucket is no longer allowing anyone to post images to a 3rd party... at least now I know why it wasn't working! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Anyone have a (Free-ish) recommendation on where to put my photos now? I don't feel the need to pay $400 a year for photobucket!

Last edited:

DonnaOnTheRocks

Original Poster
199.jpg

Woohoo!! We're under 200 days! :D

My mom threw a wrench in my plans for trying all new restaurants by requesting Tony's again. I don't mind, the food was really good! I think Alex will like it too and it'll be perfect for our first night. Still waiting on park hours to make my final plans, but everything is coming together slowly :)

DonnaOnTheRocks

Original Poster
HELP!!! I have to book my ADR's next week and I can't decide what to pick :arghh:. My mom threw a wrench in the new restaurant plan by requesting Tony's again- which is fine since it'll work with our arrival day. But I can't decide on Via Napoli or Le Cellier for lunch on our Epcot day... I'm thinking Le Cellier because they have a prix fixe menu (and cheddar cheese soup, since it'll possibly be cold in March).

I also can't decide what to do on our rest day. I definitely want to go to Grand Floridian Cafe, so that would be a good, close option. But I also am dying to get to Beaches and Cream. And I'd rather not make that walk on our HS day. Also, Grand Floridian Cafe will be good or our arrival day, but I'd rather go for lunch since they have shrimp on the menu (mom's favorite).

Please help with any and all opinions! Even if they aren't on the list! I really want to get to Yachtsman (but thinking we'd do that next time when we -definitely- stay at Beach Club) and Cali Grill (but I don't think my mom will eat anything on that menu).

So many decisions to be made! I hate only going to Disney for 4 days, it really limits the food options lol :hilarious:. First world problems :rolleyes:

Sorry if this post is as confusing as my brain right now :oops: any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom