Staying at the Four Seasons in October - any experiences or thoughts?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Four Seasons was always pretty outstanding but Disney prides itself on service. Cast Members were trained to go out of their way to make a guest's day and provide individualized service. It just feels like both the operational needs combined with Disney's sadly low pay scale, that hasn't kept up with the market, has bought them a much inferior experience than they would have gotten fifteen or twenty years ago. Guests staying at a deluxe resort should get white glove service.

Yes now they get Motel 6 Service with Waldorf Astoria pricing.

TrojanUSC

Yes now they get Motel 6 Service with Waldorf Astoria pricing.

At least at Motel 6 you can call the front desk from your room! :joyfull:

The reality is that all guests, regardless of the resort, should get a high level service. Deluxe resort guests should get an even higher level of service than those at the All-Star Music resort. Sadly they don't (unless you pay extra for concierge service). Sure you get better amenities and a room that doesn't open up to the Florida heat, but that's only half the equation.

durangojim

Original Poster
So just a little update. We stayed there in the beginning of October and had a wonderful time. The service was out of this world! Our room was great and we had a view of the fireworks from MK at night even though we were only on the 4th floor. When staying there again I don’t think we’d pay for the lake view room as the view didn’t really matter to us. We spent the vast majority of time at the adult pool and it was so nice to be greeted by name by the staff each day we were there and for the servers to remember our drink and food preferences along with what lounge chairs we preferred. We will definitely return on the future. For kids I still think the Disney resorts are better because of the location. We wound up using Uber or Lyft to travel everywhere which really wasn’t much. Only went on two rides for the whole trip but we did enjoy the food and wine festival and most of all our evening at Victoria and Albert’s. So overall the Four Seasons is a wonderful place to go if you want to have the option of enjoying Disney while having a more luxurious and relaxing experience.

Last edited:

epcotisbest

So just a little update. We stayed there in the beginning of October and had a wonderful time. The service was out of this world! Our room was great and we had a view of the fireworks from MK at night even though we were only on the 4th floor. When staying there again I don’t think we’d pay for the lake view room as the view didn’t really matter to us. We spend the vast majority of time at the adult pool and it was so nice to be greeted by name by the staff each day we were there and for the servers to remember our drink and food preferences along with what lounge chairs we preferred. We will definitely return on the future. For kids I still think the Disney resorts are better because of the location. We wound up using Uber or lift to travel everywhere which really wasn’t much. Only went on two rides for the whole trip but we did enjoy the food and wine festival and most of all our evening at Victoria and Albert’s. So overall the Four Seasons is a wonderful place to go if you want to have the option of enjoying Disney while having a more luxurious and relaxing experience.

I think it stands on its own as a resort destination even if you ignore its nearby theme park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom