Staying at The Contemporary this summer...

MissViv

Love the Contemporary. We are contemplating a stay at Bay Lake in October. Holding reservations for villas at Old Key West and Bay Lake but leaning towards Bay Lake (even though quite a bit more) for the access to monorail, MK & Epcot.

Their food court is excellent and usually not crowded at all. Great selections of food at breakfast, lunch & dinner. The pot roast is fantastic & the chicken Caesar salad at lunch - yum!

You will love it!!

DarthVader

Sith Lord
I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Contemporary, and there was a lot of great memories, but I'm not sure I'd pay to stay there again. Thanks to time, and ruminating on our stay, I think we'll opt for a different resort in the future.

MOUSEGIRL

We love the Contemporary. We have stayed there at least 6 times and Bay Lake Tower on time (didn't like having to go to the Contemporary for drinks etc). We usually stay in the Tower, we have stayed with Theme park view, bay lake view, club level and the garden wing. I love all of them. I don't think club level is worth the difference in price but it was fun. My favorite is tower bay lake view, nothing like waking up and enjoying the sunrise looking over the water its so peaceful before a day at the parks.

DisneyOldSoul

I stayed at the Contemporary 3 times when I was a kid but that was way back in the late 80's/early 90's. Those were my only trips to WDW. I know the resort has changed so much since then but I can still hear the "wooosh" of the monorail entering the building and hearing the iconic "Por favor manténgase alejado de las puertas". They will be etched in my memory forever. I can still picture breakfast at Chef Mickey's and riding in a little sea raycer with my uncle on Bay Lake. You are going to love it. So excited for you to be experiencing the Contemporary for the first time.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Rise from your grave!

When I started this thread last year staying at the Contemporary was planned but I switched it to Wilderness Lodge. So I STILL haven't stayed there. But that all changes next summer because I'm finally going to spend 7 days at the Contemporary. I'm staying in the main building with a view of the lake since we've never cared much for fireworks. So give me some tips/tricks.
Higher is better... seeing the monorail is cool, but it makes a certain level of noise... as do the restaurants on the 4th floor... so higher up and on the north end is good.

Skibum1970

I've stayed at most hotels at Disney and Universal but for some reason The Contemporary is one I've never done. And that's interesting because when I was a kid I so wanted to stay there but we were so poor we could never afford it. I remember riding the monorail through the resort on our way to our one day visit to Magic Kingdom and thinking about how cool it was.

So for our trip this summer (which is probably our last to WDW) I decided to finally scratch The Contemporary off the list. Here's hoping that it doesn't disappoint.

We love it. It's one of our favorites. We stayed in the Garden Wing and thoroughly enjoyed it. We had a great view of Bay Lake and it was an easy walk to the main building for the monorail, food, etc. We also walked to the MK, which is our favorite park.

WL is just a great hotel. Contemporary and WL are themed very differently but both are wonderful places to stay. I could just hang out in the WL lobby for hours and the Contemporary's beaches are relaxing.

Tk0021

We stayed there in June 2016 and really liked it. The walk to MK with two little girls was great. It was hard to stay some where else on our 2017 trip and like wise our 2018 trip will be the last. My girls are getting older and they want to go different places and try different things. Cost is also a huge factor. It always was though, but when they were younger and in that princess wheel house age we made Disney a priority for our entertainment dollars. Things change and that is not the case anymore. Good luck!

Edit: haha just read that it was not your last trip to Disney. Have fun at the contemporary. We stayed at the garden wing and really like not having to fight the elevators.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom