Staying at CR for first time..Wondering about MK fireworks viewing

ftreston

Original Poster
I'm taking my daughter to Disney as a surprise Bday gift this December and we're staying at the CR. I've read many posts about viewing the MK fireworks Wishes from various spots in or around CR. I was wondering if there were any suggestions on what room ....floor and/or location .... is best to ask for when booking to get the best view of them. I can only assume the higher up the better but don't have any idea really since it's our first time staying there.

Minnie Mum

You would need to reserve a theme park view room, and then request one of the upper floors. ($$$$$$$). Alternatively, you can view the fireworks from the 4th floor observation platform. Or there's the Skyway bridge to BLT, but I don't think there's any audio there.

rob0519

Well, there is a park view room, if you have one. You're correct. The higher the floor the better. The 4th floor balcony just past the Sundry Store or if you have an ADR for the California Grill. I'm not sure if the BLT is high enough to see Wishes.

MagicalMaci

In the Parks
Yes
The 4th Floor Observation Deck is the best if you don't have a Theme Park View Room. Sometimes you can get lucky with other room types but I wouldn't count on it. Don't forget you can also watch the Electrical Water Pageant on the lake too!

Disney4family

The Skyway Bridge has audio. BLT has a wonderful observation area at the Top of the World Lounge. We enjoyed Wishes from both areas in August.
images

MaryJaneP

We have stayed in a theme park view room at CR. The side of CR that faces the park doesn't exactly face the park, but really faces more westerly. The park is somewhat north of the CR. You can, however, see the fireworks from your room balcony and it is about a 40 degree offset. Higher floors avoid any tree interference possibility. Firework audio is played on the TV. Also, when we were there, there was firework audio on the 4th floor observation platform. We liked the platform better than our own balcony, maybe due to the sense of community with all the other guests with us on the platform. YMMV

Innkeeper's Club

The highest floor in the Contemporary Tower you can request would be the 11th floor.

The 12th and 14th floors in the Contemporary Tower are Club Level rooms, so if you reserved that category depending on the room you are guaranteed either one.

BigHero4

Does the observation platform get pretty crowded? Can someone please confirm if there is audio on the bridge connecting CR to BLT? @Bairstow - is the fire escape crowded? Seems like a nice hidden gem since it also has audio.

Bairstow

Does the observation platform get pretty crowded? Can someone please confirm if there is audio on the bridge connecting CR to BLT? @Bairstow - is the fire escape crowded? Seems like a nice hidden gem since it also has audio.
The fire escape hasn't been crowded when I've been there. The landing on the 15th floor landing, which adjoins California Grill, can be very popular, but if you go down the stairs a flight or two you can usually get a landing all to yourself.

yuuoasdahball220.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom