Staying at Boulder Ridge for the first time (12/14-12/15)!

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
I have just booked an overnight trip to WDW for 12/14-12/15 at Boulder Ridge Villas at Wilderness Lodge (first DVC resort I have ever stayed at)! I have never stayed at Wilderness Lodge nor Boulder Ridge before, so I am wondering if anyone here has stayed at Boulder Ridge before and if so what I can expect?

Jahona

I'll be staying there for 10 days at the end of September. I'll try to remember to post my thoughts when I get back from that. I'm curious as to what others post in the meantime.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Boulder Ridge is just a renaming of Wilderness Lodge Villas that were there already for many years, and you can find reviews on here and elsewhere online. Copper Creek is the new part at Wilderness Lodge that also has info on here and other places online. ;)

nickys

Premium Member
I have just booked an overnight trip to WDW for 12/14-12/15 at Boulder Ridge Villas at Wilderness Lodge (first DVC resort I have ever stayed at)! I have never stayed at Wilderness Lodge nor Boulder Ridge before, so I am wondering if anyone here has stayed at Boulder Ridge before and if so what I can expect?

Are you meaning what you can expect from a stay in a DVC studio (you didn't say what kind of villa you booked, but since it's one night I assumed a studio)? Or the resort? Or both?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
DVC owner here at both Boulder Ridge and Copper Creek.

Studio has one queen bed, pull out sofa and the table/Murphy bed combo. Single vanity bathroom. Decent size kitchenette with larger sized frig, microwave, toaster and coffee maker. Includes glasses/mugs, paper plates/bowls and plastic utensils. Disney also provides paper towels, dish soap, sponge and dish towels. Upper floors have a balcony, first floor a patio. Not the biggest DVC studio, but it's fine for 2 adults and 2 kids.

Ask for upper floor and close to elevator when checking in online. Better view if your room is lakeside and those hallways get real long if you're at the end and hauling luggage.

Geyser Springs is a great spot for a quick bite or drink, especially if the weather is nice - it's covered, but there's seating near lake edge. Roaring Forks has reopened and I understand the menu has improved and the layout has also improved. We always enjoy breakfast at Whispering Canyons - so much fun.

Try to park in the spaces right after the handicapped area, if you are driving, so you'll be closer to the Boulder Ridge building.

Here's the studio floor plan.

wl-studio-102414-640x360.jpg

Last edited:

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

AndrewsJ

Love it! Great time of year to be there!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom