Starcade To Become "Private-Event Venue"

TP2000

I don't think I've ever seen it... or noticed.

It started a couple years ago, and for the first few months the blogger lady, Sarah Domenech, just kept hitting us over the head with how important familia is to Hispanic people. As if the Hispanic culture is somehow unique in valuing family. It was so heavy handed and pandering it made you feel gross reading it.

Now Ms. Domenech just sort of blathers on once a week about some thing to purchase or food to buy at Disney World, and for no apparent reason she drops the Spanish word familia (always italicized) into every paragraph, and then will randomly change one or two words in the English text into Spanish. It's hysterically bad. She just belches up this pablum every week, she gets zero Likes and rarely receives even one comment even when she asks a blatant question and then begs people to comment and answer below.

A typical post from her... "We hosted a group of Hispanic influencers for a #DisneyFamilia familiarization trip to Walt Disney World Resort. All of them had fantastic tips on how to enjoy a vacation with your familia!" And then a lady from New York who got a free trip to WDW tells you groundbreaking information on how to visit WDW, like making sure to bring "comfy shoes" and the news that there apparently are restaurants to eat at in WDW. I'm not making this up, see for yourself... https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/05/disneyfamilia-best-tips-for-your-familia/

That was posted two months ago. It has zero Likes and zero comments.

And Ms. Domenech gets paid to do this. And Disney apparently thinks it's a good use of their online presence and personnel resources. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

TP2000

The little girl on the right's face says it all. I should have been a Disney blogger.

There's a good chance the self-absorbed crazy skips a generation in this familia. She could grow up to be completely normal, and may even be able to convince mommy to go easy on the Botox.
skdjf3810.jpg

D

Deleted member 107043

As someone who works in the corporate special events and meetings industry this venue looks like a dud in my opinion. I don't care how many tired chiavari chairs, cheesy Disneyland props, sateen seat cushions, box hedges, and glittery table linens they used in the promo reel nothing can hide the fact that this place looks exactly like what it is: an unused retail space. They didn't even bother to redo the floors, which appears to have two different finishes. o_O

Based on what I've seen I would not recommend this venue, especially when there are better meeting rooms on the property at the Disney hotels.

Last edited by a moderator:

TP2000

Thank you Hans, that sums up how I felt too.

It's an old arcade that has a fake wall propped up to separate it from the gift shop next door. And it's accessed via an exit hallway that leads to the bathrooms and a roller coaster exit. If Disneyland actually gets people to pay to rent this space out, humanity is dumber than I thought.
IMG_7441-L.jpg

mickEblu

It started a couple years ago, and for the first few months the blogger lady, Sarah Domenech, just kept hitting us over the head with how important familia is to Hispanic people. As if the Hispanic culture is somehow unique in valuing family. It was so heavy handed and pandering it made you feel gross reading it.

Now Ms. Domenech just sort of blathers on once a week about some thing to purchase or food to buy at Disney World, and for no apparent reason she drops the Spanish word familia (always italicized) into every paragraph, and then will randomly change one or two words in the English text into Spanish. It's hysterically bad. She just belches up this pablum every week, she gets zero Likes and rarely receives even one comment even when she asks a blatant question and then begs people to comment and answer below.

A typical post from her... "We hosted a group of Hispanic influencers for a #DisneyFamilia familiarization trip to Walt Disney World Resort. All of them had fantastic tips on how to enjoy a vacation with your familia!" And then a lady from New York who got a free trip to WDW tells you groundbreaking information on how to visit WDW, like making sure to bring "comfy shoes" and the news that there apparently are restaurants to eat at in WDW. I'm not making this up, see for yourself... https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/05/disneyfamilia-best-tips-for-your-familia/

And Ms. Domenech gets paid to do this. And Disney apparently thinks it's a good use of their online presence and personnel resources. :rolleyes:

In the words of Sebastian Maniscalco... "aren't they embarrassed"?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom