Star Wars Weekends 2008

debpeduz

This year will be the first year my family will get to experience the Star Wars Weekends. Does anyone have any idea on when specific information about activities, visits and events will be available to the public? I know the weekends are Fridays through Sundays. Of these days, is there a better day to go or do they usually have the same events scheduled all three days of that specific weekend?
Thanks for the info. My fiance is very excited about the weekends and I want to make sure that he enjoys the time.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Right now there is nothing official on the 2008 SWW (The dates are not even out). We should be hearing something very soon though.

Unofficially the dates will be the first 4 weekends in June. Activities will be pretty much the same as last year. Celebrity list is anyone's guess but from my understanding Ray Park will most likely not be in attendance due to the filming of GI Joe.

Which day to go on will depend on weather you are staying at a Disney resort or not and if you want the LE merchandise. One thing to take into account is that it is almost impossible to do everything (celebrity autographs, characters, shows and merchandise) in one day. The crowds are simply too big. The big thing is get to the parks really early....at least an hour before opening...and have a plan. Avoid Saturday unless you are staying at a Disney resort and can get there for the early EMH. If you want the exclusive pins I highly recommend getting there early on the first Friday as this is the one item that always seems to sell out really quick. If you want autographs and the celebrity you want an autograph from is remotely popular get there even earlier than that. Last year the line for Ray Park started at 2:00 AM. I got in line at 6:00 AM and had was only able to get stand-by Fast Passes.

Upvote 0

debpeduz

Original Poster
Thank you for all of the info. We are DVC members and will be able to attend the weekends Fri-Sun. I just wasn't sure which day of the week or to go all mornings if needed. I will keep my eyes open for a scheduling of events.
If you get any more info, please feel free to send it my way.

Upvote 0

Maerj

I think that the Star Wars Weekends should start on the last weekend in May, in addition to the dates in June. Since this is going to be when the new Indiana Jones movies comes out, they could have a combined Indy/SW Weekend with some exclusive Indy merchandise. A Mickey as Indiana Jones T-shirt would be really cool.

Upvote 0

Maerj

Thanks! I wish they would do the Weekends in May again...or at least the last weekend in May. (hint hint) :animwink:

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Out of curiosity... what is wrong with those dates? :shrug:
They occur entirely during the seasonal passholder blackout. In the past Disney has scheduled special events around or lifted the black but there is no indication that they will be doing it this time. This will be the second special event they have blocked us out of in the last year.

Upvote 0

mousefan1972

They occur entirely during the seasonal passholder blackout. In the past Disney has scheduled special events around or lifted the black but there is no indication that they will be doing it this time. This will be the second special event they have blocked us out of in the last year.

Oh, ok. I understand why you are upset. SWW are not hard-ticketed events, right? So you would have to buy regular admission or upgrade to a full AP to get in?

Upvote 0

Maerj

It is a shame that they stuck with those dates. Now I have to start complaining to Disney and I hate complaining.
:cry:

If we contact management at the Studios and mention my suggestion about doing something to tie in with the new Indy movie, maybe they will add one weekend in May? They wouldn't have to do a whole lot, just some Disney/Indiana Jones merchandise and an Indy meet and greet. I don't know who to contact or how but I am sure someone here does?

I wonder if anyone suspects I am going the last week in May and *really* want a SW Weekend then? :eek:

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If we contact management at the Studios and mention my suggestion about doing something to tie in with the new Indy movie, maybe they will add one weekend in May? They wouldn't have to do a whole lot, just some Disney/Indiana Jones merchandise and an Indy meet and greet. I don't know who to contact or how but I am sure someone here does?

I wonder if anyone suspects I am going the last week in May and *really* want a SW Weekend then? :eek:
I would love to see extra weekends added in May (I am there at the end of May as well) but I know that Disney trying to schedule that would not be the easiest task in the world plus it would cost money. However, lifting the blackout is really not much more than a mass e-mail and they would stand to make extra money. When the dates were unofficially released I put together a letter that asked for just that...a lift of the blackout for at least one weekend. That letter went to guest communications today.

Upvote 0

June? Aww they used to have SWW in May! :brick:

This will be my first birthday in the parks since '01 and I was hoping they'd have Star Wars Weekends while I was there. Oh well...

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom